Karen McKellin Undergraduate Scholarships: A need- and merit-based grant for international students is available through the Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award. The prize is intended for students at the University of British Columbia who are beginning their undergraduate studies (UBC).
Applicants from all UBC undergraduate degree programs are eligible for the Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award.
- The grant fully defrays the student’s program expenses as well as living expenses.
- Up to three years may pass between renewals of the Karen McKellin International Award.
The recipient’s performance, placement in the program’s top quartile, and status in accordance with his/her student visa authorization will all determine whether the award is renewed.
The Karen McKellin undergraduate award provides a tuition fee waiver and practically all of the student’s tuition and fee obligations.
This is a form of the need-and-merit-based award that honors international undergraduate students who excel in showcasing their exceptional academic accomplishments, leadership abilities, involvement in student activities and community service, as well as other acknowledged excellence in some.
Applicants must meet all of the criteria below in order to be eligible for the Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award:
1. Nationality: International student with a valid student visa to study in Canada.
2. Completion of high school at an accredited secondary school, college, or other university.
3. Academic Requirement: Prove extraordinary and ongoing academic achievement.
4. UG Requirement: Admission to the University of British Columbia has been confirmed.
5. The first year of the UBC undergraduate program should have begun for the students.
6. Show that the applicant has a financial necessity that would otherwise preclude them from attending school in Canada.
7. Candidates must be aware that they will not be given consideration for university-sponsored merit-based awards if they are nominated for a Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award including International Major Entrance Scholarships and any other awards including the Outstanding International Student Awards.
- Drake University Bachelors Scholarships Programme
- Imperial College London Masters Scholarship Programme
- Scholars Program for African Students by Mastercard Foundation
- Holland Scholarships for International Students Application Details
Applications for the 2022 Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award will be accepted online.
The following details the application process for the Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award:
1st December: Fill out the online application for admission to the University of British Columbia and submit the award application. Although a student may choose two degrees on their application form, only their top choice will be taken into account for the award.
31 January: meet the English language admission requirements for the University of British Columbia.
- ELP Test Name: Minimum Score Requirement
- IELTS: 6.5 (no section below 6.0)
- PTE (Academic) Overall: 65; Reading: 60; Listening: 60; Writing: 60; Speaking: 60
- TOEFL Overall: 90; Reading: 22; Listening: 22; Writing: 21; Speaking: 21
Mid-April: Results are declared and Nominees are informed of the awards.
Awards are given to students based on their academic ability and financial need. In addition, the following criteria are used to choose the Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award winners:
- Leadership qualities
- Participation in student affairs
- Community service involvement
- Success in sports, the performing arts, creative writing, or debate.
A student who applied for an undergraduate scholarship from Karen McKellin International for 2022–2023 will receive email updates about their outcome after the selection process.
Note: In order to be considered for a scholarship, you must first apply to a UBC program that qualifies for one, and you must complete the application form by the deadlines.
Checkout out other unique articles on our blog for more detailed information and do well to share with your friends and family. Follow us on our Twitter and Facebook to stay updated with premium information.