Questbridge Scholarship is ongoing! If you are a college student, this article is for you. Each Match Scholarship Recipient receives a full four-year scholarship worth more than $200,000 along with admission to one of QuestBridge’s college partners. Keep reading!
The scholarship is funded by a combination of their own resources and state and federal aid provided by their college partners. For more information and to explore a dictionary of financial aid terms, please visit the Financial Aid section of each college partner.
About the Questbridge Scholarship
The Match Scholarship is offered as part of a generous financial aid package provided by the QuestBridge college partner that covers the cost of attendance, including:
- Tuition and fees
- Room and board
- Books and supplies
- Travel expenses
All Match Scholarship packages:
- Have NO parental contribution
- Have NO student loans
- May contain a student contribution in the form of work-study, summer work, or student savings.
National College Match
The 2022 National College Match application is now closed.
They were looking for high school seniors who, in spite of financial difficulties, had demonstrated exceptional academic talent.
They examine applicants generally, and they don’t have strict standards or GPA cutoffs that are standardized test scores, income, or other factors.
1. Class Year Eligibility
Applicants must graduate from high school in the summer of 2023 or earlier and intend to enroll as a first-year student in college the following autumn in order to be eligible to apply to the National College Match in the fall of 2022.
2. Citizenship Qualification
The National College Match is open to all senior high school students in the United States, regardless of citizenship. Citizens and Permanent Residents of the United States who reside abroad are also eligible. Students from abroad who reside outside of the United States are ineligible.
International or undocumented high school students may apply, but they should carefully read the Additional Citizenship Requirements to determine which QuestBridge college partners will accept their application for the Match Scholarship.
They are looking for students who have shown a level of academic achievement that satisfies or surpasses the requirements for admission to our colleges. The following criteria are based on former Finalists’ profiles and are not exact cutoffs:
1. Grades and rigor of high school curriculum: Primarily A’s in the most challenging courses available (usually including Honors, AP, and/or IB level courses).
2. Class rank: Top 5-10% of graduating class.
3. Standardized test scores (if taken)
4. SAT score >1260
5. ACT composite score >27
- We encourage students to report any SAT, ACT, AP, IB, TOEFL, or SAT Subject Test scores available.
Please note: Test scores are not required to apply, and around 50% of QuestBridge applicants in the past year did not have test scores. All applications are reviewed holistically, so students who have not taken standardized tests can still be selected as Finalists; however, they should ensure they meet the standardized testing requirements for each college partner they’re interested in.
6. Additional criteria: Evidence of strong writing ability, intellectual spark, and determination.
Finalists often come from low-income families with few assets, with yearly incomes of less than $65,000 for a typical family of four. This is not a hard cut-off, so we encourage students who believe they have experienced severe financial difficulty to carefully evaluate the financial requirements to see whether they might be eligible.
Each student’s application’s financial information will be carefully examined by QuestBridge. Students who are chosen as Finalists must send certified documents to the universities they are applying to prove their financial position.
- University of California Masters Scholarship Programme
- Monash University Humanitarian Scholarships Programme
- University of Adelaide PhD Scholarship Application Details
- Imperial College London Masters Scholarship Programme Details
All sources of household income are taken into account, including, but not limited to:
- Salaries, wages, and tips
- Business and farm income
- Rental income
- Interest and dividend income
- Retirement distributions
- Child support received
All assets held by the household are taken into consideration, including:
- Business or farm ownership
- Cash and savings
- Additional properties
Non-custodial Parent Income and Assets
The income and assets of the non-custodial parent must be disclosed by students with divorced or separated parents since our college partners consider this information when considering financial needs.
The sole exception to this rule is if the student hasn’t spoken to the non-custodial parent in a while.
1. Household Circumstances
Individual household circumstances are taken into consideration, including:
- The number of people supported by the household income
- The number of students in college (undergraduate only)
- Unemployment or other changes to the household income
- Eligibility for free or reduced-price lunch
- Having been in foster care
- Other non-discretionary financial commitments, such as high medical bills
2. Personal Circumstances
They also take the following factors into account when reviewing applications:
- Personal Circumstances
3. Parents’ level of education
- 77% of Finalists are among the first generation in their family to attend a four-year college in the U.S.
4. Activities, including Home or Family Responsibilities
- Participation in extracurricular, community, or other activities.
- Activities may include home or family responsibilities, such as part-time jobs to help pay bills or caring for siblings if parents are absent or at work.
5. Honors, Awards, and Achievements
- Accomplishments and leadership roles in extracurricular or other activities.
6. Personal Traits
- Strength in character and motivation to succeed.
Checkout out other unique articles on our blog for more detailed information and do well to share with your friends and family. Follow us on our Twitter and Facebook to stay updated with premium information.