BI Presidential Scholarship: This award is available to Norwegian and international students accepted to any MSc program at campus Oslo or campus Bergen. It is given to students with exceptional academic records. Read on for more information on how to apply.
The primary source of research-based knowledge on business and management disciplines in Norway is the independent, not-for-profit BI Norwegian Business School.
BI Presidential Scholarship Award
For Norwegian and Internal Applicants: If the student satisfies the standards for academic development, scholarships will cover the whole tuition costs for each semester, for up to two years.
International Applicants: If you meet the conditions for academic progression, scholarships will pay your entire tuition as well as a stipend each semester for up to two years. The stipend is intended to help with living expenses but only covers about 70% of them.
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
1. Candidates with superior academic records with international or Norwegian citizenship
2. To be accepted, applicants must have a minimum overall GPA of “A” on the ECTS system or the highest grade available on an international basis.
3. Applicants must be in their third year of the Sivk program.
With the exception of the BI-Luiss Joint Masters in Marketing, open to applicants accepted to Master of Science degree programs at the campuses of Oslo or Bergen.
How to Apply
1. Apply for admission and a scholarship at the same time.
2. Write in a one-page maximum scholarship application letter why you should be awarded the scholarship. Scholarships are given out on the basis of academic ability rather than financial need.
3. Include it in the “Scholarship” part of your admissions application online.
4. Include all the paperwork needed to be examined for admission to a master’s degree in science. Only once a complete application for admission has been filed and the admission offer has been accepted will the scholarship application be taken into account.
5. BI students enrolled in the Sivilkonom program’s third year may submit an application in the spring of that year by submitting a Scholarship Application Letter to [email protected] with the subject line: BI Presidential Scholarship Application
6. International applicants who apply for the BI Presidential Scholarship will also be considered for the MSc International Scholarship. A separate scholarship application letter is not required.
The application deadline is March 1.
International and domestic applicants: A complete application for admission, including your scholarship application, must be uploaded to the online application portal. Applications for scholarships are not accepted by email.
Siviløkonom 3rd year students: Scholarship application letters must be emailed to [email protected].
Note: Late applications will not be considered.
- Drake University Bachelors Scholarships Programme
- Imperial College London Masters Scholarship Programme
- Scholars Program for African Students by Mastercard Foundation
- Holland Scholarships for International Students Application Details
BI offers a significant master’s scholarship program. But there is fierce competition for scholarships. Every year, master’s applicants submit significantly more scholarship applications than there are actual funds available.
1. BI The goal of the Norwegian Business School is to enroll a multicultural, international student body.
2. Applications for scholarships will only be taken into consideration if the offer of admission has been accepted and the candidate has been accepted into a Master of Science program.
3. BI makes sure that scholarships are distributed among MSc programs.
4. BI maintains the right to distribute scholarships in accordance with institutional priorities, which may include a focus on a particular master’s program, gender diversity, or a few of BI’s partner schools.
5. The ECTS scale will be used to evaluate each candidate. The grades of applicants with foreign bachelor’s degrees will be translated to the ECTS scale.
6. Other academic accomplishments, GMAT/GRE/CAT scores, extracurricular accomplishments, and exceptional personal achievements may also have an impact on the award.
Those who apply for the BI Presidential Scholarship from outside the United States will also be given consideration for the MSc International Scholarship.
Notification of Scholarship Awards
Admissions offers do not include scholarship offers. The admissions offer will be made to you first.
While awaiting scholarship decisions, applicants must accept the offer of admission.
Selected applicants will receive scholarship offers throughout the application season.
The deadline for accepting a scholarship offer is stated on the offer. Scholarships will be withdrawn/canceled and given to another applicant if they are not accepted by the deadline.
With the exception of the A. Wilhelmsen Foundation Scholarship and the BI-Luiss Joint Master in Marketing Scholarship, which is given out later in the spring, all scholarships will be given out by the end of April.
By the end of April, the scholarship application decision will be communicated to all candidates, even those who were not chosen.
Scholarship decisions cannot be appealed.
Academic Progression Requirements
All applicants must continue to advance academically in order to keep their scholarships. The Scholarship Agreement contains a list of specific conditions.
1. Complete academic advancement (30 ECTS) per semester.
2. Following the conclusion of each academic semester, a minimum cumulative GPA of “B” on the BI ECTS scale.
3. Candidates who receive the BI Presidential Scholarship are expected to serve as “BI Ambassadors,” serving as spokesmen and aiding in recruitment initiatives while fostering a positive learning environment. Scholarship winners will be made aware of their obligations during the school year.
Please note Below:
- You may apply for multiple scholarships, however, BI Norwegian Business School will only fund one per candidate.
- Awarded scholarships cannot be transferred and are attached to a particular academic program at a selected campus.
- International applicants who meet the requirements for a Lnekassen student loan in Norway (a bachelor’s degree with 180 ECTS from a Norwegian educational institution) will be treated as domestic applicants for the BI Presidential Scholarship and will not be eligible for the stipend for living expenses.
- Candidates obtaining their first master’s degree are given preference. Scholarships are not prioritized for applicants with master’s degrees already under their belts.
This award is only open to applicants accepted to a Master of Science program starting in the fall of 2023.
Checkout out other unique articles on our blog for more detailed information and do well to share with your friends and family. Follow us on our Twitter and Facebook to stay updated with premium information.