The Defence Industries Corporation of Nigeria (DICON) Recruitment simply presents a medium through which passionate and qualified Nigerians could apply to fill in for job positions/vacancies within the Corporation.
What is the Work of DICON in Nigeria?
The Defence Industries Corporation of Nigeria (DICON) was originally developed as a factory for the production of arms which aided the Nigerian Civil War that lasted from 1967 to 1970.
After the Civil war when they ran out of customers to purchase the weapons, due to this reason, they had to convert some of their unused machinery to produce civilian items like rural water supply equipment, industrial spare parts, and furniture for public purchase and consumption.
They currently produce both civilian and military products like bullets and assorted guns, swords, RPGs, windmills, and metal parts among others.
The purpose of this article is to expose you to what is obtainable at DICON. If you’re a weapons Engineer or you did a related discipline in school, this opportunity will suit you better.
This article will also provide details regarding some things you need to know like how to successfully apply to the Defence Industries Corporation of Nigeria (DICON) Recruitment, how do I join DICON, recruitment requirements, DICON salary structure, and other necessary information will be discussed.
So grab a glass of wine, sit back, relax, and read down to find out more.
DICON Recruitment 2023 Details
|Job Type||Federal Government Job|
|Name of Recruitment||DICON Recruitment|
|Name of Organization||Defense Industries Corporation of Nigeria|
|Number of Vacancies||Yet to be released|
|Starting and Closing date||To Be Announced|
|Method of application||Online|
DICON Recruitment Application Form and Official Recruitment Portal
The official Application form for the DICON Recruitment exercise is hosted at their official recruitment portal which is https://dicon.gov.ng/
Note: Registration into the DICON is absolutely free and there are no known methods of applying offline or sale of forms. Kindly restrain from giving anyone any type of gratification as no one can recruit you except you go through the official recruitment portal.
Is the DICON Recruitment Portal Open in 2023?
The DICON registration portal is currently not open and recruitment is not ongoing for 2023.
Kindly bookmark this page and come back to check later for updated information.
DICON Recruitment Requirements 2023
To successfully apply for a job vacancy/position in the DICON, the applicant must have fulfilled certain requirements. Kindly see the list of requirements listed below:
- Passport size photograph
- First School Leaving Certificate
- WAEC/Nabteb/NECO/GCE Results
- Birth Certificate / Declaration of age
1. Applicants must be Nigerian by birth or Naturalization
2. Must have completed his Tertiary education in weapons Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Robotics Engineering, or any other related discipline
3. Must have completed his B.Sc/HND from an accreditated and recognized university.
4. Applicant must not have been convicted of any felony in the past
5. The candidate must be medically, physically, and psychologically fit
6. Males must not be less than 1.65 meters tall and female applicants must not be less than 1.56 meters tall.
7. Candidate must have passed WASSCE/GCE/NECO or NABTEB in at most two sittings with a minimum of six credits, English Language and Maths Inclusive.
How to Apply for DICON Recruitment 2023
Those interested in applying must follow the proper application procedures in order to be considered for the position. Interested applicants should apply by following the processes outlined below:
- Visit https://dicon.gov.ng/
- Navigate to careers
- Input your first name, valid phone number, and email
- Once you’re done, click on proceed.
- Carefully read the job requirements for the position you’re looking for.
- Complete the application form with the credentials demanded.
DICON Starting and Closing Date 2023: The starting date and the closing date for the DICON Recruitment are not yet out.
DICON 2023/2024 List Of Shortlisted Candidates: The Defence Industries Corporation of Nigeria (DICON) list of shortlisted candidates for 2023/2024 is not out.
DICON Salary Scale 2023
The average salary of a DICON employee is N175,000 as taken from a survey of 6 employees with a sex distribution of 80% males to 20% females.
DICON Contact Information
Head Office: DICON HOUSE 45, Ahmadu Bello Way PMB 2085, Kaduna, Nigeria
Phone Number: (+234) 806-307-3128, (+234) 803-500-8778
Mail to: [email protected]
In Summary, The Defence Industries Corporation of Nigeria (DICON) Recruitment is one opportunity that will expose you to the industrial environment where weapons are mass-produced as well as some military-grade civilian Equipment.
If you studied weapons engineering or a similar field in your tertiary institution, then this place is where you need to be.
Checkout out other unique articles on our blog for more detailed information and do well to share with your friends and family. Follow us on our Twitter and Facebook to stay updated with premium information.