The SJSU tuition fee is $7,992 for in-state students and $19,872 for out-of-state ones. Following this, the SJSU tuition fee is less expensive than the $11,560 national average for in-state tuition.
The tuition for out-of-state students is less than the $27,320 national average for out-of-state tuition.
The sticker price, often known as tuition and fees, is included in these numbers. Depending on the university, different fees may go toward supporting campus health centers, student centers, student gyms, and libraries.
Hence, Consider the overall cost and the net price while comparing the prices of other institutions.
The sticker price plus the price of accommodation and board, books and supplies, transportation, and personal expenses make up the total cost.
For in-state students at San Jose State University, the total SJSU tuition fee is $25,355; for out-of-state students, it is $34,859.
The average cost of the university, which amounts to $14,209 for in-state students and $28,353 for out-of-state students receiving need-based help, is deducted from the total cost to get at the net price.
On the other hand, to get first-hand information about the SJSU tuition fee please visit the school website. Tuition fees may vary and are subject to change by the management
Financial Aid Statistics
Then, your or your family’s demonstrated capacity to pay for college is taken into account when calculating need-based help using the Free Application for Federal Student Help, or FAFSA.
At San Jose State University, first-year students received, on average, a need-based scholarship or grant worth $11,684. In addition, financial aid based on need was provided to 57% of first-year students in the fall of 2021.
In addition, Federal loans and work-study programs are two examples of need-based self-help aid. First-year students received self-help aid with an average need-based award of $6,569.
Non-need-based help, often known as merit-based aid, is given in recognition of a student’s aptitude or academic success.
With the exception of any possible athletic scholarships, the average non-need-based scholarship or grant given to first-year students at San Jose State University was $2,187.
84% of San Jose State University’s students received the financial aid they required
You don’t have to pay back funding such as scholarships. Scholarships that are need-based take into account a student’s financial situation.
Consequently, Merit-based scholarships are given to students who excel in academics or sports.
Indeed, you can also be eligible for a scholarship based on your involvement in volunteer work, special interests, or traits. Also personal background, or the job or military experience of your parents.
- University of California Masters Scholarship Programme
- California Scholarship Federation Membership Guidelines
- How to Get a Scholarship| A Complete Guide
- Lists of Scholarships for International Students
- University Grants and Fundings for Students
Without a doubt, the university has a wide range of scholarships for students to benefit from even when their tuition is considered low. Below are some forms of scholarship available at the university to help reduce the SJSU tuition fee;
Global Spartan Scholarship
The inaugural Global Spartan Scholarship was created by International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) in the fall of 2020.
Consequently, it was created to recognize and provide financial support to new and continuing international students at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.
However, applicants for this scholarship must demonstrate academic excellence, leadership, commitment to globalization/international education, and financial need.
The application is open to students who are seeking to earn a degree from San José State University in F-1 status.
On the other hand, short-term or non-degree-seeking students are not eligible.
Students must plan to be enrolled full-time with 12 units as an undergraduate or 9 units as a graduate student for the following academic year.
- Between $3000 – $4000 for the first academic year, to be disbursed on a semester basis.
- Each applicant can only be awarded the scholarship once.
- The Fall of 2023 GPA will determine continued eligibility for the scholarship in spring 2024.
- Scholarship Merit and Leadership Impact: Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- Leadership Impact: Applicants should demonstrate leadership in their involvement with their current campus and community.
- Financial Need: Applicants should show how this scholarship will impact and contribute to their continued educational success at SJSU. Please indicate your plans for funding your education for the next academic year. Examples may include, but are not limited to: personal funds, family funds, loans, scholarships, and government funding. Please also describe any personal or family circumstances that may affect your need for financial support.
Furthermore, Various academic departments on campus manage their own scholarships.
Hence, students are strongly encouraged to keep in close contact with their major department for scholarship information.
These scholarships each have their own specific criteria, deadlines, and application instructions. Therefore, Students should contact their department directly for additional information.
Without a doubt, Scholarships come from a number of different sources. There are lists of scholarships you can apply It can take some time and effort on your behalf to research them all.
Meanwhile, there are businesses that offer to do this work for you for a fee, but SJSU does not recommend these services.
However, international students will only be eligible for those scholarships that are merit-based. Need-based scholarships are part of financial aid, which is unavailable to international students.
Also, there are a number of scholarships for international students across different search engines.
San Jose State University Rankings
Without a doubt, San Jose State University consecutively ranked among the top 1200 universities in the world according to several ranking agencies. The Following are the other ranks achieved by San Jose State University by various ranking agencies:
- #4 in Top Public Schools by U.S. News and World Report, 2023
- #16 in Regional Universities West by U.S. News and World Report, 2023
- #22 in Best Value Schools by U.S. News and World Report, 2023
- #11 in Top Performers on Social Mobility by U.S. News and World Report, 2023
- #164 in Business Programs by U.S. News and World Report, 2023
- #15 in Best Undergraduate Engineering Programs according to U.S. News and World Report, 2023
Check out other unique articles on our blog for more detailed information and do well to share with your friends and family.