Scholarships for College Students: The idea that scholarships are exclusively available to high school students is one of the most common misconceptions about scholarships. Actually, there are lots of attractive scholarship options available for current college students.
You can use these scholarships for college students to cover costs such as books, laptops, room & board, fees, and tuition.
As a college student, you can reduce the number of student loans you need to take out if you are successful in winning scholarships. This will really pay off once you graduate because you won’t have as much debt to pay off.
Scholarships for College Students
Below are some scholarships for college students to help with tuition and other costs, carefully check for it eligibility before applying:
1. Tortuga Study Abroad Scholarship
The winner of the Tortuga Study Abroad Scholarship will receive: a $1,000 scholarship for studying abroad
The award can be used for travel, books, accommodation & board, or tuition. The winner’s university or study abroad program will receive the money directly. If this is not feasible, other arrangements will be arranged.
To apply for the Tortuga Study Abroad Scholarship, you must:
1. Be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or currently studying in the United States on a student visa
2. Be a full-time undergraduate student in good academic standing at a four-year, degree-granting college or university in the United States
3. Have applied to or been accepted into a study abroad program eligible for credit by your college or university
- Fall 2023 Scholarship
Submit your application by April 15, 2023. The winner will be announced on April 30, 2023.
- Spring 2024 Scholarship
Submit your application by November 15, 2023. The winner will be announced on November 30, 2023.
How to Apply
Fill out the application linked below. Only one submission per person will be accepted. The winner will be featured on our blog, social media accounts, and alumni page.
- McDonald’s Scholarship Program for Hipanic Students
- Zell Miller Scholarship Programme Application Details
- Army ROTC Scholarship Application Process
- Masters Degree scholarship in Sweden for Nigerian Students
2. $2,000 Nitro Scholarship
The $2,000 Nitro Scholarship Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) runs from Saturday, January 1, 2022, at 12:00:01 am ET through Saturday, December 31, 2022, at 11:59:59 pm ET (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The official timekeeper for this giveaway is the computer of the sponsor.
Legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 17 years old or older at the time of entry and who satisfy one (1) of the five (5) following qualifying requirements are the only participants in the $2,000 Nitro Scholarship Sweepstakes.
1. A parent who currently has a child enrolled in an accredited college or university located within the United States;
2. A student who is currently enrolled in an accredited college or university located within the United States;
3. A parent who currently has a child enrolled as a high school senior located in the United States;
4. A student who is currently enrolled as a high school senior located in the United States;
5. A student or a parent whose child has graduated from an accredited undergraduate school (a “School) and who is currently paying back a student or parent loan for his/her/child’s educational expenses for such School (“Entrant”).
3. Niche $50,000 “No Essay” Scholarship
Niche is giving one student $50,000 to help pay for tuition, housing, books, and other educational expenses.
Who Can Apply
All high school and college students, as well as anyone looking to attend college or graduate school in the next year.
Please note: Not everyone is eligible for this scholarship. Niche-sponsored scholarships and sweepstakes are for people with US citizenship or a valid Visa/US passport only.
Application Deadline: December 14, 2022
4. $10,000 CollegeXpress Scholarship
Eligibility: Open to all high school students
Deadline: May 1, 2023
5. $2,500 Christian Connector Scholarship
Eligibility: Students must be a current high school freshmen, sophomores, or juniors interested in attending a Christian university or college
Deadline: November 30, 2022
6. $2,000 Student-led Virtual Tour Scholarship
Eligibility: Open to all students
- Nurse Corps Scholarship Program: Application Details
- Study Abroad Scholarships and Grants for Undergraduates
- Burger King Scholarship Programme Application Details
- Horatio Alger Scholarships for College Students
7. BigFuture Scholarships for the Class
There are no restrictions for citizenship, a minimum GPA, or test scores. It’s simple to enter monthly scholarship drawings.
Before the deadline, just finish one of the tasks, and you’ll be eligible to win $500 and $40,000!
Students whose households make less than $60,000 annually have an advantage because they are qualified for two entries into each drawing.
Checkout out other unique articles on our blog for more detailed information and do well to share with your friends and family. Follow us on our Twitter and Facebook to stay updated with premium information.