National Honor Society Scholarship: If you are in need of scholarships on a fully funded basis or partially funded basis. Ph.D., Master, and undergraduate programs with and without IELTS requirements are listed here. Just keep reading.
The National Association of Secondary School Principals (NASSP) has given deserving NHS seniors more than $21 million in scholarships since 1946. They are giving 600 kids scholarships totaling $2 million this year.
National Honor Society Scholarship
Scholarship awardees are chosen every year depending on how well they exhibit NHS’s four tenets of scholarship, service, leadership, and character.
Scholarship Award Distribution:
- 1 National Winner – $25,000 scholarship
- 24 national finalists – $5,625 scholarship
- 575 national semifinalists – $3,200 scholarship
- Total scholarships awarded: 600
Total 2022 scholarship distribution: $2 million
To be eligible, a student must be:
1. A high school senior expecting to receive a high school diploma during the current academic year.
2. An active member in good standing of a National Honor Society chapter, meeting all membership requirements and obligations of the local chapter.
3. An NHS student account holder, verified by the NHS chapter adviser.
4. Planning to pursue a degree at an accredited U.S. college or university.
Note: There are no limits to the number of applicants per chapter.
There are three (3) steps to apply:
1. Create an Account
2. Get Verified
3. Complete and submit your application
What Does “Get Verified” Mean?
A notification is sent to the student’s advisor asking them to confirm the student is an NHS member in good standing once they register their account on the NHS website.
The student can log in and finish and submit the online NHS Scholarship application after being verified. Students who haven’t been validated won’t have access to the NHS Scholarship application.
- Art Scholarships for All Students Around the World
- RaiseMe Scholarships Programme Application Details
- Best Scholarship Websites and Search Engines for Students
- Exclusive Scholarships for Teachers Application Requirements
While completing the application, applicants will be asked to:
Provide detailed information about activities and experiences related to scholarship, service, leadership, and character.
The applicant should get an Adviser Certification from their local NHS chapter, which serves as a brief recommendation form and verifies the applicant is currently in good standing with the organization. No external documents or communications will be accepted for the adviser certification; it must be performed within the application platform.
Ask for a recommendation from one adult who is not an adviser and is not a member of your family and who can attest to the applicant’s dedication to the NHS’s core values. No documents or communications from outside sources may be used to complete the suggestion; it must be done through the application platform.
Application opens: September 19, 2023
Submission deadline: Extended until December 1, 2023, at 11:00 am (ET):
Applicants receive notifications: March 2024
Trailblazing Leadership Week, All-expense paid trip to DC for top 25 scholarship finalists and their advisers: April 2024
When are Scholarship Recipients Announced?
Email notifications will be sent to chapter advisers and scholarship winners in March. Recipients must fill out a Scholarship Acceptance Form in order to be eligible for the award.
Following the scholarship acceptance deadline, applicants who were not chosen to receive a scholarship will receive an email.
What is an Ideal Candidate?
An ideal applicant for the NHS Scholarship will:
1. Demonstrate a service mindset by seeking out and voluntarily fulfilling needs to help others.
2. Commit to learning, growing, and making the most of educational opportunities.
3. Take ownership and responsibility as a leader, in the title or in action, in school and community.
4. Display perseverance, honesty, integrity, and ethical and compassionate decision-making
Check out other unique articles on our blog for more detailed information and do well to share with your friends and family. Follow us on our Twitter and Facebook to stay updated with premium information.