Scholarships for International Students: Applying for scholarships whose requirements match your unique profile is the best way to win one. But where do you look for those hard-to-discover scholarships? by reading the list of international students that we have put together for you below!
Even without considering finances, applying to college as an international student might be intimidating. However, a majority of companies offer financial aid to aspiring undergraduates who wish to study in the US.
List of Scholarships for International Students
Finding scholarships that are completely supported is frequently difficult for international applicants, particularly undergraduate students. Check the list below and choose one to apply for:
1. The Aga Khan Foundation International Scholarship
The application period for the International Scholarship Programme for 2022–2023 has ended.
Please get an application form from the Aga Khan Foundation or Aga Khan Education Board/Service office in your nation of residency when applications are next open. You must be a national of and reside in one of the nations below.
Applications for short-term courses or from students who have already begun their course of study are not taken into consideration.
- Geographic Scope
- Residency Requirement
- Age Limit
- Preference is given to students under 30 years of age.
The main criteria for selecting award winners are:
- Consistently excellent academic records.
- Genuine financial need.
- admission to a highly reputable university or program of study.
- Relevance of the field of study to AKDN’s focus areas.
Candidates are also evaluated on demonstrating thoughtful and coherent educational and career plans, their extra-curricular interests and achievements, potential to achieve their goals, and likelihood to succeed in a foreign academic environment.
Applicants are expected to have some years of work experience in their field of interest.
2. The American Association of University Women
Since 1917, there have been international fellowships. Women who are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents and who want to return to their native country to pursue a professional career are given support for their full-time graduate or postdoctoral study through this program.
Women who are Graduate Women International members may be eligible for a small number of prizes for study abroad (other than in the applicant’s place of residence).
Graduate and postgraduate study at accredited institutions in the United States is funded.
By the application deadline, applicants must have completed coursework equal to a U.S. bachelor’s degree and submit applications to the schools they intend to attend.
Recipients are selected for academic achievement and demonstrated commitment to women and girls.
Recipients return to their home countries to become leaders in business, government, academia, community activism, the arts, or scientific fields.
- Application Opens: August 1 every year
- Deadline: November 15 every year
- Zell Miller Scholarship Programme Application Details
- McDonald’s Scholarship Program for Hipanic Students
- Army ROTC Scholarship Application Process
- Masters Degree scholarship in Sweden for Nigerian Students
3. Fulbright Foreign Student Program
Graduate students, young professionals, and artists from other countries can study and perform research in the United States courtesy of the Fulbright Foreign Student Program.
There are more than 160 nations in the world where the Fulbright Foreign Student Program is active. Each year, about 4,000 international students are awarded Fulbright grants.
Bi-national Fulbright Commissions/Foundations or U.S. Embassies are in charge of running the Fulbright Foreign Student Program. These offices handle the processing of all applications for the Foreign Student Program.
Program eligibility and selection methods differ greatly between nations.
4. MPOWER Financing Scholarship
Future leaders are supported by the Mpower international student scholarships, which are created to assist as many students as possible.
We provide distinctive monthly scholarship opportunities in addition to a number of specific scholarships, such as those for DACA students and women in STEM.
The topic for submissions will change each month; prior topics have included Back to School Advice and Embracing and Overcoming Challenges. For updates, check back each month.
Who is Eligible
You’re eligible to apply for an MPOWER international student scholarship if you’re:
- Accepted or enrolled in a full-time degree program at a U.S. or Canadian school that MPOWER supports
- An international student or DACA student permitted to legally study in the U.S. or Canada
- Able to meet any additional criteria outlined for specific scholarships
- MPOWER Women in STEM Scholarship for International Students
- Women in Stem Scholarships for American Students
- PEO Postgraduate Scholarship Application Requirements
- Holland Scholarships for International Students Application Details
5. P.E.O. International Peace Scholarship (IPS)
In order to help international women students attend graduate school in the United States or Canada, the International Peace Scholarship Fund was founded in 1949.
The award is not meant to pay for all living or academic expenses, but it is based on documented needs.
The applicant must disclose additional financial resources at the time of application that is sufficient to cover her budgeted cost.
Personal and family finances, tuition waivers, labor scholarships, teaching assistantships, study grants, and other scholarships are a few examples of additional resources.
A student can receive a maximum of $12,500. Individual requirements may dictate the awarding of smaller sums.
1. The P.E.O. International Peace Scholarship Fund provides financial assistance to women from outside the United States and Canada who are seeking advanced degrees from an accredited college or university in the U.S. or Canada with the expectation that students will return to their home countries to utilize their education to make a positive impact and foster global peace.
2. In order to qualify for her first scholarship, an applicant must have a full year of coursework remaining, be enrolled, and be in residence for the entire school year.
3. Doctoral students who have completed coursework and are working only on dissertations are not eligible as first-time applicants.
4. International students attending Cottey College are eligible to apply for a scholarship.
5. A student who is a citizen or permanent resident of the United States or Canada is not eligible. Note: A student with residency for tax purposes only is permitted.
6. Scholarships are not given for online courses, research, internships, or practical training if not combined with coursework.
Checkout out other unique articles on our blog for more detailed information and do well to share with your friends and family. Follow us on our Twitter and Facebook to stay updated with premium information.