YouTube Premium subscribers can cancel at any point during their paid membership. You can also switch to an annual plan or a family plan. This article is a step-by-step guide that will help you cancel your YouTube Premium subscription on mobile apps and desktops.
Although YouTube Premium is a great platform for streaming music and videos, many users will discover that they don’t need to pay to use the app.
You’ll want to terminate your membership without any fuss, whether you’re thinking of switching to YouTube Music Premium or lowering your YouTube subscription entirely.
Keep in mind that canceling prevents you from downloading videos for offline viewing, enjoying ad-free viewing, or using background play on the YouTube app.
It’s a difficult decision, especially if you view videos on the go on a Chromebook.
How to Cancel YouTube Premium on a Desktop Web Browser
1. Open your web browser and go to the Paid Memberships page.
2. Click Manage Membership -Deactivate.
3. Click Continue to cancel or click Pause instead to pause it for up to six months.
4. Select a reason for canceling, and click Continue.
5. Click Cancel subscription one last time.
Any browser can use this technique. Clicking Cancel will take you to your subscriptions page on the Google Play Store, where you can immediately cancel your Premium membership if you subscribed to YouTube Premium through the Google Play Store.
- How to Delete Your Youtube Channels with Ease
- How to Upload Youtube Shorts with Ease
- Youtube not Working on Roku: How to Fix it
- What Does Highlighted Comment Mean on Youtube
How to Cancel YouTube Premium Using an Android App
1. Launch YouTube on your mobile device.
2. Tap your profile icon in the upper-right corner.
3. Tap Purchases and Memberships and tap your active YouTube Premium membership.
5. Alternatively, use the Pause Instead option to pause your membership for up to six months.
6. Tap Next, choose why you’re canceling the subscription, and tap Yes, Cancel Premium.
If you signed up for a free one-month trial of YouTube Premium using a credit or debit card, you won’t immediately lose access to the subscription; it will remain active until the next billing cycle.
If you subscribed using a credit or debit card, the steps required to cancel YouTube Premium on an iOS device are similar.
How to Cancel YouTube Premium on an iPhone or iPad
If you signed up through Google Play, you’ll need a non-iOS device to access the Google Play Store’s subscriptions page and cancel your subscription.
Here’s how to cancel your subscription if you used the App Store on an iPhone or iPad to sign up:
1. Go to Settings on your Apple device.
2. Tap your Apple ID.
3. Tap Subscriptions and find YouTube.
4. Tap Cancel subscription and Confirm that you want to cancel.
You’ll need to contact Apple support to get a refund if you made a purchase using your iPhone or iPad or signed up for a YouTube premium membership through Apple.
While on trial, you can end your membership. Your trial membership will not convert into a paid subscription at the end of the trial if you decide to cancel. Access will be maintained till the trial time is up.
Check out other unique articles on our blog for more detailed information and do well to share with your friends and family. Follow us on our Twitter and Facebook to stay updated with premium information.