Youtube not Working on Roku: There are a few troubleshooting techniques you can do if YouTube isn’t functioning on your Roku device. Almost all streaming video services are supported by Roku, including popular ones like Netflix and Hulu and beta channels that aren’t a part of the Roku Channel Store.
YouTube, however, is one of the most well-known channels because of its vast video collection. However, if YouTube isn’t functioning on your Roku, don’t worry; there are a few ways to diagnose the issue and quickly get it up and running again.
How to Fix YouTube Not Working on Roku
The best way to fix YouTube not working on Roku is to start with the most straightforward solutions and work your way through the more extreme solutions like resetting your Roku.
1. Check to see whether additional home appliances can connect to the internet. You can’t start the YouTube channel on Roku if your home Wi-Fi internet connection is down (or any other channel for that matter).
Your Wi-Fi network doesn’t have internet access if you’ve established that other devices can’t access the internet either. Follow the instructions to troubleshoot your internet connection and reconnect your Roku. Restarting your router is one of the first things you should attempt.
2. Roku channel problems might also be brought on by a slow internet connection. You might experience difficulties opening the YouTube channel if your Wi-Fi internet connection is generally slow.
Testing your internet speed is the first step to discovering if this is the case. If your internet speed is slow, investigate the issue and resolve it to restart your YouTube channel.
3. Your Roku device might not be online even if your home internet connection is operating normally. If your other devices can access the internet but none of the Roku channels open, that is typically the cause.
The Roku settings menu contains the IP address of your device. You’ll need to reconnect your Roku to your Wi-Fi network if it doesn’t have an IP address. The YouTube channel ought to begin playing once you’ve reconnected now.
4. Restart your Roku Device
If the Roku device is experiencing app or system errors, restarting it will usually clear those errors. You can either use the Restart option in the menu or unplug the Roku, wait a few seconds, and plug it in again.
5. Check if YouTube is Down
If YouTube servers are down, you can’t launch the YouTube channel on Roku (no one can), and none of the videos will load.
Check if your YouTube account is still active and you’re using the correct ID and password (also, make sure you’re logging in with the correct ID and password).
If your YouTube account has been deleted or locked, it would explain why the YouTube channel on Roku can’t connect to your account.
7. Uninstall and Add the YouTube Channel Again
If the YouTube channel on Roku has glitches or issues, often reinstalling the app will clear those issues and resolve any problems you’ve been experiencing.
8. Update your Roku
If the firmware on your Roku is out of date, it can cause issues with launching the YouTube channel. The Roku device automatically updates itself, but ensuring you have the latest updates will often resolve unexpected errors that crop up. Use the following steps to update your Roku streaming device.
You’ll need access to the Roku home screen to update it. Once you’ve launched the update process, don’t interrupt it or turn off your Roku, or you could corrupt the firmware and cause serious issues with your Roku.
- Select the Home button on your Roku remote
- Select Settings> System > System Update > Check Now.
- Your Roku will download the latest updates and install them on your device.
9. You might need to contact YouTube for technical support if all other attempts to open YouTube on Roku have failed. The help section on YouTube may also be of use.
- How to Combine Videos on iPhone
- Tips on How to Learn Cloud Computing
- How to Use your New Alexa; Tips and Tricks
- How to Change Country in PayPal: Steps to Take
Cause of YouTube Not Working on Roku
There could be a lot of reasons why the YouTube app won’t open on your Roku device. These include troubles with the Roku streaming device itself, no internet connection, or issues with YouTube accounts.
Remember that the YouTube channel on Roku won’t function at all if YouTube is offline. Additionally, if your Roku device hasn’t had a firmware upgrade in a while, this may make it difficult to start apps like YouTube.
In summary; Even if the program was functioning normally before, these problems can appear out of nowhere. They can occur when you attempt to use the YouTube app on a Roku device or when you attempt to open a YouTube video while logged into YouTube.
Use the above tips to troubleshoot it will effectively work for you.
Checkout out other unique articles on our blog for more detailed information and do well to share with your friends and family. Follow us on our Twitter and Facebook to stay updated with premium information.