Basic Requirements to study in Australia
Basic Requirements to study in Australia; Choosing to study in Australia is one of the best decisions you can ever make if you choose to study abroad. However, the requirements to study in Australia are enormous and stringent. Still, it is very simple. We will put you through the necessary steps, the criteria, and the necessary requirements you should possess to study in Australia.
Australia is applauded for its focused and practical education system and world-class infrastructure. It attracts a lot of international students owing to its high living standard with relatively lower expenses.
It is because of this, Australia is one of the best destinations for students looking to pursue education abroad. Consequently, Australia has 8 universities in the top 100 universities in the world and also offers an amazing learning environment.
Hence, These factors make Australian education to be among the top choices for students who wish to pursue higher education abroad.
Equally important is that the degrees gained in the country are internationally recognized. Above all, the student support services are excellent. Therefore, graduates from Australian universities are in high demand among employers of labor all around the world.
Facts About Studying in Australia
International students have a wide variety of reasons when it comes to studying in Australia. In fact, The quality of education, the variety of courses to choose from, and employment opportunities after school, make it one of the most desirable destinations. Australian universities are strong in research.
- Internationally accepted qualifications
- Rights for overseas students
- Language diversity
- Financial aid from the Government
- A steadily growing economy offering good job prospects
- A degree that is valued across the world
- Amazing Climate & Outdoor Lifestyle.
- The tuition fees at Australian universities are affordable compared to the UK and the US.
- Finally, students in Australian universities are eligible for a post-study work permit valid for up to four years. This can act as a pathway to permanent residency in Australia.
- Suitable for international students especially India
Obviously, many reasons exist why students choose to study in Australia. However, the requirements to study in Australia are quite enormous. These requirements to study in Australia ranges from visa application, entry qualifications into the university, grades, English proficiency test scores, etc. Here are the requirements to study in Australia as we take them one after the other.
Masters Degree Scholarships in Australia for Nigerian Students
PEO Postgraduate Scholarship Application Requirement
Lockheed Martin Scholarships Application Requirement
Bangor University Bachelors Scholarships Requirements
knight Hennessy Scholarship Application Requirements
HAW Masters Scholarship Application Requirements
Eligibility Criteria To study in Australia
- Admission into diploma-level courses will need applicants to score at least 60% marks in their Class 12 examination.
- Admission into bachelor’s degrees will require students to score 65% or higher marks in their Class 12 examination.
- All universities in Australia recognize the 3-year graduation degree for entry into postgraduate programs. For example, Indian degrees like B.Sc, B.A., and B. Com are equivalent to the Australian bachelor’s degree with a total of 12 years of education.
- Some universities and courses may need qualifications that are equivalent to Australian Bachelor (Honors) degrees. For instance, degrees like B.A. (H), B. Com (H), B.E., B. Tech, and other such 4-year degree courses.
- A good basic university degree from a top Indian university or college or equivalent is necessary for most Australian universities.
Requirements to study in Australia (Academic)
You need to provide details of your education including your course subjects and grades in the application.
Students applying for admission are required to submit an official transcript from each college or university that they have attended after secondary school with complete details of the subjects, credits involved, and other details like correspondence courses, diplomas, etc. You should provide the attested copy of the following:
- Standard X Mark sheet
- Standard XII Mark sheet
- Bachelor’s Degree / Provisional Certificate with mark sheet
Equally important, is that If the transcripts and other relevant documents are not in English, they must be translated into English. Also, put it together with the certified copies of the originals (certified by a person or agency recognized by the law or government of that country).
Some important academic documents
Other Important requirements include;
- IELTS and GMAT exam scorecards (in case the student is applying for an MBA course) must be provided. The minimum scores in IELTS and GMAT exams may vary from education provider to provider. Refer to the particular university website to see the eligibility requirements for the course.
- you are applying for an MBA degree or a degree in higher education like doctoral programs; you may be required to provide work experience certificates or letters, mentioning the complete work details: key responsibilities and positions held. A detailed CV is also mandatory.
- A personal essay mentioning career goals, interests, extracurricular activities, and why the student has chosen the particular stream, and how he/she will manage financially during her stay in Australia needs to be provided.
- A letter of recommendation (two recommended) from the person who has taught the student or knows him/her professionally, highlighting the strengths and weaknesses of the student and why he/she would excel in the chosen field, also needs to be provided.
Student’s Visa requirements in Australia
Compared to other countries, it is easier to get a student visa for Australia. Besides, Students wanting to study in Australia must meet certain requirements to qualify for a visa. Hence, Once you are enrolled in a full-time study course you can apply for a visa under Subclass 500.
Your Australia student visa application must include the following documents.
- Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) certificate
- Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) statement
- Financial Requirements that you can fund your studies (funds to cover your return airfare, tuition fees, and a sum of AU$18,610 per year)
- Your English Proficiency test results
- Australian-approved health insurance cover
- Verification of your criminal records
When you get your visa, you will get entitlement for the following
- Enroll in a course and participate in an eligible course of study
- Bring family members to Australia
- Travel to and from the country
- Work for up to 40 hours every two weeks during the course
However, the duration of the visa is for five years, but you can apply for an extension.
How to apply for Australian Student Visa
The Australian government provides multiple options when you want to apply for a university. The application can be made:
- Directly by you through the university’s website
- Through an agent
You can decide how you want to apply by using the most suitable option.
Steps to apply for a students visa
- Step 1: Before submitting your application, you must gather all the required documents.
- Step 2: The documents to be submitted are proof of your identity, and character, which prove that you have fulfilled the visa conditions.
- Step 3: Apply for the visa. You can use any of the methods listed above.
- Step 4: You will receive a notification from the authorities after they have received your visa application.
- Step 5: You will be notified about the status of your visa application.
Note: Before you submit your visa application ensure that you meet all the eligibility requirements. The processing time for your visa is usually four weeks. You can apply for the visa 124 days before the start of your course and you can travel to the country 90 days before the commencement of your course.
You will be eligible for a student visa only if you want to study a registered course or part of it on a full-time basis.
If you have any dependents, they can apply for the same Subclass 500 visa. Even if they may not come with you immediately, you must declare your dependents in your visa application. Otherwise, they may not be eligible for a dependent visa later.
Some top Australian University
Here is a list of some top Australian Universities that you can apply;
- The Australian National University
- University of Wollongong
- The University of Melbourne
- Queensland University of Technology (QUT)
- The University of Sydney
- Curtin University
- The University of New South Wales (UNSW Sydney)
- Macquarie University
- The University of Queensland
- RMIT University
- Monash University
- University of South Australia
- The University of Western Australia
- University of Tasmania
- The University of Adelaide
- Deakin University
- University of Technology Sydney
- Griffith University
- The University of Newcastle, Australia (UON).
Monash Scholarship Program-Study at Monash University
Santander Scholarships Skills|Excel for All
International Travel Scholarships and Grants for Students
What Percentage of Marks is Required for scholarship Abroad
James McCune Smith Ph.D. Scholarships Application Details
Applicants should ideally register for all the necessary admission tests for obtaining entry into leading Australian universities. Since Australia is majorly an English-speaking country, you should prove English language proficiency. You should take an English proficiency test like IELTS which is accepted by the Australian Department of Immigration and Citizenship. If you want to pursue post-graduation via an MBA program at Australian B-schools or Australian universities, you must take the GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test) exam. This is not compulsory though.
How to apply for admission
Inquiries on the application should be dispatched 12-15 months prior to the proposed admission date. You can get the forms through the following methods:
- Through email- An aspirant can request the application form from the university’s website. Universities usually have forms on websites via which application material may be requested.
- Downloads- Most websites of universities offer downloadable versions of their application forms which you can easily print out too. You may use these in the manner of regular application forms.
- University representatives- You may also obtain the forms from multiple authorized representatives of Australian Universities in the home country.
Check out other unique articles on our blog for more detailed information and do well to share with your friends and family. Follow us on our Twitter and Facebook to stay updated with premium information