Monash Scholarship: Students from all nations who have received an offer from Monash or who are presently enrolled at the university are invited to apply for the Monash International Merit Scholarship. For the duration of your degree, you will receive a scholarship award of $10,000 per year.
Due to its commitment to excellence in research and teaching, history of innovation and teamwork, and international reputation, Monash University has the ambition and capacity to confront the world’s current challenges.
Number of Scholarship offered: 31 per year
Am I Eligible: Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
You must be one of the following:
- An International student
You Must Meet the Following Criteria:
1. Intending to enroll full-time in undergraduate or postgraduate (coursework) degree at a Monash campus in Australia.
2. For commencing students, you must have received a Monash offer.
3. For current students, you must have completed a minimum of two semesters in Australia
4. Current students enrolled in the Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (Honours) course or the Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine (MD) course must have completed and obtained results for at least four semesters.
5. Note: You are not eligible to apply for this scholarship if you:
- Are studying Australian Year 12. You may be eligible for the Sir John Monash Scholarship for Excellence.
- Are commencing in the Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (Honours) course or the Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine (MD)? You will need to complete four semesters and apply as a current student.
$10,000 per annum (48 credit points of study) paid per year until the minimum number of points for your degree is completed.
Commencing undergraduate students will be invited to apply for a place in Monash Minds, a leadership program for first-year students.
Scholarship Selection Criteria
Based on academic achievement:
1. Current students must have achieved a minimum weighted average mark of 85
2. Students will also be assessed on their scholarship application statement (500 words), and their potential to be an ambassador for Monash University.
3. Preference will be given to commencing students.
To Retain this Scholarship:
1. You must maintain a distinction average (70% or above) each semester.
2. You will be required to participate in at least three Marketing and/or Scholarship promotional activities, which include attending official scholarship functions and participating in marketing activities and networking events.
- Lockheed Martin Scholarships Application Requirements
- International Travel Scholarships and Grants for Students
- PEO Postgraduate Scholarship Application Requirements
- James McCune Smith PhD Scholarships Application Details
How to Apply
1. You must submit a separate application form for this scholarship (due dates below).
2. Before applying for this scholarship, you must have received a full Monash course offer with no conditions.
3. Can be deferred within the same calendar year only.
Do not submit supporting documentation with your application – this will not be considered.
|Selection Round and Closing Date||Commencement|
|Round one-15 October||Semester one or two of the following year|
|Round two-15 November||Semester one or two of the following year|
|Round three-15 January||Semester one or two of the current year|
|Round four-15 March||Semester two of the current year|
|Round five-15 April||Semester two of the current year|
|Round six-30 June||Semester two of the current year|
Every scholarship may have a different application process – or none at all. Read the application details carefully and submit your application by the deadline. For more details, visit the scholarships application page.
Check out other unique articles on our blog for more detailed information and do well to share with your friends and family. Follow us on our Twitter and Facebook to stay updated with premium information.