Taraba State Polytechnic has many students that come from different backgrounds. The school has equipped a lot of students (men and women) who are capable of doing new things, not simply repeating what other generations have done. Read on for more information.
Without guidelines to direct their conduct, it would be challenging to function efficiently.
To foster an environment that is favourable for academic performance and advancement, law and order must be upheld. The polytechnic has a duty to guide students’ personal development so that they can become contributing members of society in addition to educating them.
Only when knowledge enables its owner to live a complete life—one that includes responsible behaviour toward oneself and toward society—does knowledge have any real value.
About Taraba State Polytechnic
The establishment of Taraba State Polytechnic was initiated by the Administration of Navy Captain A.A. Afolahan in 1991.
The Administration of Rev. Jolly T. Nyame put in place the necessary machinery for its take-off with the aim of commencing admission of qualified candidates into pre-National Diploma and National Diploma courses.
The Edict Establishing the Taraba State Polytechnic was signed into law by the then Military Administrator, Col. Yohanna Dickson in 1994.
This Edict was later amended by the Taraba State House of Assembly and came into enforcement on the 16th of December 2011.
The Technical Education Department of the College of Education Jalingo and the Staff Development Centre, Jalingo were taken over in 1994 to become the College of Science and Technology (CST) and college of Administrative and Business Studies (CABS) respectively.
The Objectives of the Polytechnic are:
- To provide full-time courses of instruction and training in technology, science, commerce, humanities and such other fields of learning relevant to the needs of the community as the council may determine from time to time.
- To provide courses of In-service training, workshops and seminars for members of the public and private sectors.
Polytechnic Departments and Programmes
We have a compiled list of school departments and Programmes offered in this polytechnic:
1. School of Administration & Business Studies
The school of administration and business studies admits students for the following courses;
Department of Accountancy
- Diploma in Accounts, Audit and Taxation
- Certificate in Public Accounts, Audit and Taxation
- Diploma in Banking and Finance
- Certificate in Banking and Finance
- Clerical Officer Accounts, Audit and Taxation
Department of Business Administration and Management Studies
- Diploma in Business Administration
- Diploma in Purchasing and Supply
- Assistant Store Officer’s Course
Department of Office Technology and Management Studies
- Diploma in Secretariat Administration
- Confidential Secretary III
- Confidential Secretary IV
- Typist Grade II
- Typist Grade III
Department of Public Administration
- Diploma in Public Personnel Administration
- Diploma in Local Government Administration & Finance
- Certificate in Public Personnel Administration
- Certificate in Local Government Administration & Finance
- clerical Officer Administration
Department of Law
- National Diploma in Law
2. School of Basic & Applied Sciences
The school of basic and applied sciences admits students for the following courses:
Department of Computer Science
- Diploma in Computer Science
- Diploma in Information Technology
- Certificate in Computer Science
Department of Science Laboratory Technology
- Diploma in Science Laboratory Technology
- Certificate in Science Laboratory Technology
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology
- Certificate in Medical Laboratory Technology
Department of Mathematics & Statistics
- Diploma in Mathematics & Statistics
- Rufus Giwa Polytechnic Courses
- Akanu Ibiam Federal Polytechnic Courses
- Graceland Polytechnic Admission Requirements
- Imo State Polytechnic Undergraduates Programmes
3. School of Engineering
The school of engineering admits students for the following courses:
Department of Agriculture Technology
- Diploma in Agriculture Technology
- Certificate in Agriculture Technology
Department of Electrical Engineering
- Diploma in Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Certificate in Electrical/Electronic
Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- Certificate in Welding and Fabrication
- Certificate in Motor Vehicle Mechanics Work
4. School of Environmental Technology
The school of environmental technology admits students for the following courses:
Department of Architecture
- Diploma in Architecture
- Certificate in Architecture
Department of Building Construction and Quantity Survey
- Diploma in Building Construction and Quantity Survey
- Certificate in Building Maintenance and Services
- Certificate in Furniture Making
Department of Land & Survey
Diploma in Survey and Geo-Informatics
Certificate in Survey and Geo-Informatics
Department of Estate Management
Click Here for application guidelines.
FAQs About Taraba State polytechnic
Below are some frequently asked questions and answers for you:
1. What are the courses in Taraba State polytechnic Jalingo?
Building Construction and Quantity Survey.
Land & Survey.
2. Is Taraba State Polytechnic Admission out?
Taraba State Polytechnic admission list (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, supplementary and Late Admission batch) for Certificate, Diploma, ND and HND programmes for the 2021/2022 academic session is out.
3. Where is Taraba State Polytechnic Located?
Taraba State Polytechnic is a state owned polytechnic established in 2017, located in Suntai, Taraba State. Taraba State Polytechnic, Suntai, Taraba State has been officially accredited and/or recognized by the National Board for Technical Education (NBTE), Nigeria.
4. Who is the Rector of Taraba State Polytechnic?
The Rector. Builder Ayuba Ibrahim Abarshi, the Rector Taraba state polytechnic was born on 04 Oct. 1964, and he hails from Takum LGA. He is married with four children.
Checkout out other unique articles on our blog for more detailed information and do well to share with your friends and family. Follow us on our Twitter and Facebook to stay updated with premium information.