Akwa Ibom Polytechnic is an institution that is dedicated to training students who will become better leaders in future in their different fields of study. You can be a part of this school if you have all the requirements. Carefully go through this article to get more information.
About Akwa Ibom Polytechnic
Akwa Ibom State polytechnic was established by Akwa Ibom state government edict no. 11 of 1991.
After Akwa Ibom state split off from Cross River state in 1987, the decision was made to create the institution. On Friday, January 24, 1992, the facility was formally commissioned.
961 students in all were accepted and registered in the 15 (fifteen) academic programs that the ministry of education had set up.
The courses were offered in engineering, communication arts, environmental studies, and the sciences.
The number of students has also grown. However, due to the programs’ lack of accreditation between 1996 and 2000, the number of academic programs fell to 8 (eight) (NBTE).
NBTE has currently fully accredited 15 (fifteen) programs at the national diploma level and seven(7)higher national diploma( HND).
Academic Programmes Offered in Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic
The programmes below are fully accredited by NBTE for both ND and HND:
- Department of Computer Science
- Department of Hotel and Catering Management
- Department of Science Technology
- Department of Statistics
School Of Communication Arts
- School of Communication Arts
- Department of Arts and Design
- Department of General Studies
- Department of Mass Communication
School of Business Management
- Department of Accountancy
- Department of Business Administration
- Department of Office Technology & Management
- Department of Marking
- Department of Banking and Finance
- Department of Public Administration
- Department of Legal Studies
School of Engineering
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Electrical/ Electronic Engineering
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
School of Environmental Studies
- Department of Architecture
- Department of Building Technology
- Department of Estate Managements
- Department of Surveying and Geo-Informatics
- Department of Quantity Surveying
- Department of urban and regional planning
School of Preliminary Studies
- Preliminary National Diploma (Pre-Nd) Programmes
Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic Entrance Qualification
For National Diploma
1. The objective of the National Diploma programme is to produce the middle-level manpower needs of the nation in the areas of Technology, business and management.
2. The curriculum for the programmes reflects the requirement of industries, and business ventures both in theoretical content and practical skill.
3. Candidates are admitted into the National Diploma programme either through the pre-ND programme or directly through JAMB.
4. In either case, the candidate must obtain the required number of credit passes or aggregate and must satisfy the minimum entry requirement for the programme
For Higher National Diploma
The Higher National Diploma is a post- National Diploma programme scheduled to last for two years. It is aimed at producing professionals who can work as supervisors in Government establishments, Industries and commercial Houses.
1. Applicants for the admission into Higher National Diploma programme must possess a National Diploma in the same programme with at least a lower credit pass from Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic or any other Polytechnic with accreditation in the relevant programme of study and with at least one year post-ND relevant industrial training experience.
2. In addition to the above, a candidate must meet the admission requirement for the ND programme of Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic.
Click Here to Apply.
- Heritage Polytechnic Programmes
- Abraham Adesanya Polytechnic
- LENS Polytechnic Offa Programmes
- Federal Polytechnic Oko Admission
FAQs About Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic
Below are some frequently asked questions and answers about Federal Polytechnic Idah for you:
1. What is the Cut Off Point of Akwa Poly?
The Akwa Ibom State Poly general cut-off mark is 120. This cut-off mark is the benchmark for all courses offered in the institution. Before you can apply for Akwa Ibom State Poly Post Utme you must score nothing less than 120 in the UTME Examination.
2. Is the Admission List Out for Akwa Poly?
This is to inform all candidates who applied for admission into the various National Diploma, ND programmes of the Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic, Ikot-Osura that the admission list has been released for 2023/2024 academic session.
3. Is Akwapoly Part-Time Admission List Out?
The Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic (AkwaPoly) Admission ND Lists has been released for the 2023/2024 academic year.
4. How Much are Akwa Ibom State School Fees?
Akwa-Ibom state Polytechnic’s school fees go to about N100,000 and it provides accommodation for its students, some students live off campus in places around the state capital Uyo.
5. Does Akwa Poly Accept Awaiting Results?
The answer is Yes. AKPOLY accept awaiting result. The Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic allows candidates that are awaiting their results to apply for the Post UTME screening exercise and also offer them admission.
Checkout out other unique articles on our blog for more detailed information and do well to share with your friends and family. Follow us on our Twitter and Facebook to stay updated with premium information.