The management of the Kwara State Polytechnic invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for admission into its Higher National Diploma (HND) full-time and part-time programs for the 2022/2023 academic session.
- Heritage Polytechnic Programmes
- Abraham Adesanya Polytechnic
- LENS Polytechnic Offa Programmes
- Federal Polytechnic Oko Admission
About Kwara State Polytechnic
Kwara State Polytechnic is regarded as one of Nigeria’s top polytechnics. Since its inception in 1973, the school has maintained a consistent educational quality that has earned a reputation throughout Africa.
The polytechnic’s strategic position has made it accessible to students from all around the country. Col. David Bamigboye, the then-military governor of Kwara State, founded the institution.
The polytechnic opened its doors in 1973 with an estimated 110 students. Currently, the institution offers a variety of programs, including ND and HND.
Part-time and full-time programs are also available. This offers flexibility and dynamism to the school’s functioning, and different types of pupils may readily select whatever option they like.
Although the university boasts of standard learning facilities and an atmosphere conducive to learning, much more may be done to improve the immediate and surrounding environment of the lecture theatres.
Unlike numerous state polytechnics, Kwara Polytechnic has a very consistent academic calendar and seldom sees disruptions in the academic calendar’s flow.
The National Board for Technical Education (NBTE) of Nigeria has officially authorized and/or recognized Kwara State Polytechnic in Ilorin, Kwara State.
Kwara State Polytechnic Courses
Below is the list of courses on offer at the Kwara State Polytechnic, Ilorin, Kwara State.
- Agricultural Engineering/Technology
- Agricultural Technology
- Architectural Technology
- Banking And Finance
- Building Technology
- Business Administration & Management
- Civil Engineering Technology
- Computer Science
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering Technology
- Estate Management And Valuation
- Hospitality Management
- Leisure And Tourism Management
- Mass Communication
- Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Metallurgical Engineering Technology
- Mineral Resources Engineering Technology
- Office Technology And Management
- Public Administration
- Quantity Surveying
- Science Laboratory Technology
- Surveying And Geo-Informatics
- Transportation Planning & Management
- Urban And Regional Planning
- Welding And Fabrication Technology
Kwara Poly Entry Requirements for HND Programmes
Applicants seeking admission to the HND programs must have the following qualifications:
1. National Diploma (ND) with at least a Lower Credit in the appropriate area and five applicable O/L credit passes at WASC, GCE, NECO, and NABTEB in no more than two sittings. English Language and Mathematics must be included in these credit passes.
2. Evidence of one year of cognate post-National Diploma (ND) experience (i.e. Industrial Training)
3. Applicants with a Pass Grade in the National Diploma (ND) must have at least two years of post-ND industrial experience.
4. Applicants for Agricultural and Bio-Environmental Engineering Technology (Post-Harvest Technology option) must have a Lower Credit grade in either of the following National Diploma (ND) programs: Agricultural and Bio-Environmental Engineering Technology, Agricultural Technology, Food Science and Technology, and Agricultural Engineering Technology are all examples of agricultural engineering technology.
5. Applicants for Metallurgical Engineering Technology must have a National Diploma in Metallurgical Engineering Technology.
6. Applicants for Mining Engineering Technology must have a National Diploma in Mineral Resources or Mining Engineering Technology.
7. HND Electrical/Electronics Engineering Technology and HND Computer Science Programs do not accept ND Computer Engineering graduates.
8. Candidates will not be admitted to HND programs that differ from those in their ND programs.
9. ND Mass Communication holders will not be allowed to HND Public Administration.
10. HND full-time applicants must fill in the jamb registration numbers used for their ND programs. admissions will be considered for only applicants with jamb registration numbers.
Kwara Poly ND Part-Time Daily Programs Admission Prerequisites
1. Applicants for Part-Time National Diploma (ND) programs must have a minimum of five O/L Credits in relevant subjects from SSCE, GCE, NECO, and NABTEB in no more than two sittings.
2. All applicants seeking admission to any program at the polytechnic must have credit passes in mathematics and English. Furthermore, the other three topics must be related to the course of study.
3. Applicants for Part-Time National Diploma (ND) programs must register at the JAMB e-facility portal at https://www.jamb.org.ng/eFacility/Login.
Checkout out other unique articles on our blog for more detailed information and do well to share with your friends and family. Follow us on our Twitter and Facebook to stay updated with premium information.