Do you wish to know the subject combination for Political Science? If yes, then this article is for you. Read further to see the list of WAEC and JAMB combinations for Political Science and the requirements in any university of your choice.
What is Political Science?
At the municipal, state, national, and international levels, political science focuses on the philosophy and practice of governance and politics.
We are committed to advancing knowledge of the structures, processes, and relationships that make up public life, as well as inquiry methods that encourage citizenship.
Major Subfields In Political Science
Below are some of the major subfields in Political Science:
- Political Theory
- Comparative Polities
- International Relations
- American Politis and Government
- Political Methodology
1. Political Theory
The foundations of the political community and institutions are the focus of political philosophy. It focuses on human nature and political association’s moral aims.
Political theorists use lasting political texts from ancient Greece to the present day, as well as numerous writings by moral philosophers, to explicate these notions. The political theory also emphasizes practical studies of how political institutions work in practice.
2. Comparative Politics
Comparative politics is a vast subject with many techniques and objectives. Some academics and researchers evaluate modern political systems to determine which types best deliver specific ideals to their population, such as order, equality, freedom, or economic stability and well-being.
3. International Relations
International relations is focused on gaining a better knowledge of how nations and non-state international players, such as the United Nations and multinational companies, interact.
International relations is a broad area in terms of the behavior researched and the methods used to study them.
4. American Politics and Government
Students of the American government and politics are interested in learning about how politics works in the United States. The department provides specialist courses on themes such as the political function of the media.
Also, the politics of race and ethnicity, constitutional law, policy development, state politics, and American political theory in addition to courses on the American president, the US Congress, and the courts.
5. Political Methodology
The philosophical foundations of political science, social science, empirical study design and analysis, and actual field research experience are all covered within the discipline of political methodology.
Philosophical questions about the existence of a science of politics, the parallels and distinctions between political science and other social sciences, alternative forms of explanation, and the veracity of knowledge claims are all covered in political methodology courses.
WAEC Subject Combination for Political Science
Please keep in mind that just because it’s called WAEC Subject Combination for Political Science doesn’t imply it’s solely for WAEC students. GCE and NECO, as well as other SSCE equivalents, can use this topic combination.
You are required to possess five (5) O’Level credit passes in the required subjects for Political Science, which are listed below:
2. Use of the English Language.
3. Mathematics (At least a pass).
4. And any other TWO O’Level subjects.
JAMB Subject Combination For Political Science 2022/2023
Approved Correct UTME Subjects Required To study Political Science Are:
1. Use Of English
4. Mathematics or CRK Accepted!
Requirements to Study Political Science in Nigeria
1. Before you may study Political Science in Nigeria, you must have at least 5 credit passes in your O’level result (WAEC or NECO), including English and Mathematics in not more than two (2) sittings. Some schools, however, just required one sitting.
2. By the 31st of October of the entrance year, you must have achieved the age of sixteen (16).
3. Meet the Political Science cut-off mark at your school.
4. Have excellent JAMB, WAEC, and Post-UTME results.
Direct Entry Requirements to Study Political Science in Nigeria
1. In a maximum of two (2) sittings, a minimum of 5 credits in the Ordinary Level Credits of the Senior Secondary Certificate Examinations (SSCE/GCE).
2. Degree in allied disciplines (First Class/Second Class Upper).
3. Candidates for direct entrance must obtain a Direct Entry form from the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB).
4. A Merit Pass in the National Certificate of Education (NCE), National Diploma (ND), and other Advanced Level Certificates are required.
5. Other qualifications are acceptable to the Senate of your University of choice and are equivalent to (1) and (4) above. In addition to the above minimum admission requirements, candidates must also satisfy such Faculty/Departmental entry requirements.
6. Interim Joint Matriculation Board (IJMB)
7. Joint Universities Preliminary Examinations Board (JUPEB)
8. All the best as you know, the JAMB Subject Combination For Political Science 2022.
List of Universities Offering Political Science and Requirements
- ABIA STATE UNIVERSITY, UTURU, ABIA STATE – ABSU
- ACHIEVERS UNIVERSITY, OWO, ONDO STATE – ACHIEVERS
- ADAMAWA STATE UNIVERSITY, MUBI, ADAMAWA STATE – ADSU
- ADEKUNLE AJASIN UNIVERSITY, AKUNGBA-AKOKO, ONDO STATE – AAUA
- AFE BABALOLA UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE – ABUAD
- AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARIA, KADUNA STATE – ABU
- AKWA IBOM STATE UNIVERSITY, IKOT-AKPADEN, AKWA IBOM STATE – AKSU
- AL-QALAM UNIVERSITY, KATSINA, KATSINA STATE – AL-QALAM
- AMBROSE ALLI UNIVERSITY, EKPOMA, EDO STATE – AAU
- ANCHOR UNIVERSITY, AYOBO, LAGOS STATE – ANCHOR-UNI
- ARTHUR JARVIS UNIVERSITY, AKPABUYO, CROSS RIVER STATE – ARTHUR-JARVIS
- ATIBA UNIVERSITY, OYO, OYO STATE – ATIBA
- BABCOCK UNIVERSITY, ILISHAN-REMO, OGUN STATE – BABCOCK
- BAUCHI STATE UNIVERSITY, GADAU, BAUCHI STATE – BASU
- BAYERO UNIVERSITY, KANO, KANO STATE – BAYERO
- BENUE STATE UNIVERSITY, MAKURDI, BENUE STATE – BSU
- BINGHAM UNIVERSITY, KARU, NASARAWA STATE – BINGHAM
- BOWEN UNIVERSITY, IWO, OSUN STATE – BOWEN
- CALEB UNIVERSITY, IMOTA, LAGOS STATE – CALEB
- CARITAS UNIVERSITY, AMORJI-NIKE, ENUGU, ENUGU STATE – CARITAS
- CHRISLAND UNIVERSITY, OWODE, OGUN STATE – CHRISLAND
- CHRISTOPHER UNIVERSITY, MOWE, OGUN STATE – CHRISTOPHER
- CHUKWUEMEKA ODUMEGWU OJUKWU UNIVERSITY, ULI, ANAMBRA STATE – COOU
- CLIFFORD UNIVERSITY, OWERRINTTA, ABIA STATE – CLIFFORD
- COAL CITY UNIVERSITY, ENUGU, ENUGU STATE – COAL-CITY
- COVENANT UNIVERSITY, CANAAN LAND, OTA, OGUN STATE – COVENANT
- DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY, ABRAKA, DELTA STATE – DELSU
- EASTERN PALM UNIVERSITY, OGBOKO, IMO STATE – EPU
- EBONYI STATE UNIVERSITY, ABAKALIKI, EBONYI STATE – EBSU
- EDO UNIVERSITY, IYAMHO, EDO STATE – EUI
- EDWIN CLARK UNIVERSITY, KIAGBODO, DELTA STATE – EDWIN CLARK
- EKITI STATE UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE – EKSU
- ENUGU STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, ENUGU, ENUGU STATE – ESUTECH
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, BIRNIN-KEBBI, KEBBI STATE – FED-KEBBI
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, DUTSE, JIGAWA STATE – FED-DUTSE
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, DUTSIN-MA, KATSINA STATE – FED-DUTSINMA
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, GASHUA, YOBE STATE – FED-GASHUA
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, GUSAU, ZAMFARA STATE – FED-GUSAU
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, LAFIA, NASARAWA STATE – FED-LAFIA
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, OYE-EKITI, EKITI STATE – FED-OYE EKITI
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, WUKARI, TARABA STATE – FED-WUKARI
- FOUNTAIN UNIVERSITY, OSOGBO, OSUN STATE – FOUNTAIN
- GODFREY OKOYE UNIVERSITY, URGWUOMU- NIKE, ENUGU STATE – GOUU
- GOMBE STATE UNIVERSITY, TUDUN WADA, GOMBE, GOMBE STATE – GSU
- GREGORY UNIVERSITY, UTURU, ABIA STATE – GREGORY
- HEZEKIAH UNIVERSITY, UMUDI, IMO STATE – UNIHEZ
- IBRAHIM BADAMASI BABANGIDA UNIVERSITY, LAPAI, NIGER STATE – LAPAI
- JOSEPH AYO BABALOLA UNIVERSITY, IKEJI-ARAKEJI, OSUN STATE – JABU
- KADUNA STATE UNIVERSITY, KADUNA, KADUNA STATE – KASU
- KINGS UNIVERSITY, ODE-OMU, OSUN STATE – UNIKINGS
- KOGI STATE UNIVERSITY, ANYIGBA, KOGI STATE – KSU
- KOLADAISI UNIVERSITY, IBADAN, OYO STATE – KOLADAISI
- KWARA STATE UNIVERSITY, MALETE, ILORIN, KWARA STATE – KWASU
- LAGOS STATE UNIVERSITY, OJO, LAGOS STATE – LASU
- LANDMARK UNIVERSITY, OMU-ARAN, KWARA STATE – LANDMARK
- LEGACY UNIVERSITY, OKIJA, ANAMBRA STATE – LEGACY
- MADONNA UNIVERSITY, ELELE, RIVERS STATE – MADONNA
- NASARAWA STATE UNIVERSITY, KEFFI, NASARAWA STATE – NASARAWA
- NIGER DELTA UNIVERSITY, WILBERFORCE ISLAND, BAYELSA STATE – NDU
- NIGERIAN ARMY UNIVERSITY, BIU, BORNO STATE – NAUB
- NIGERIAN POLICE ACADEMY, WUDIL, KANO STATE – POL-ACAD
- NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY, AWKA, ANAMBRA STATE – UNIZIK
- NOVENA UNIVERSITY, OGUME, DELTA STATE – NOVENA
- OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY, ILE-IFE, OSUN STATE – OAU
- OBONG UNIVERSITY, OBONG, NTAK, AKWA IBOM STATE – OBONG
- ODUDUWA UNIVERSITY, IPETUMODU, OSUN STATE – ODUDUWA
- OLABISI ONABANJO UNIVERSITY, AGO-IWOYE, OGUN STATE – OOU
- OSUN STATE UNIVERSITY, OSOGBO, OSUN STATE – UNIOSUN
- PAUL UNIVERSITY, AWKA, ANAMBRA STATE – PAUL
- PLATEAU STATE UNIVERSITY, BOKKOS, PLATEAU STATE – PLASU
- REDEEMERS UNIVERSITY, OSUN STATE – REDEEMERS
- RENAISSANCE UNIVERSITY, OJIAGU-AGBANI, ENUGU, ENUGU STATE – RENAISSANCE
- RITMAN UNIVERSITY, IKOT-EKPENE, AKWA IBOM STATE – RITMAN
- SOKOTO STATE UNIVERSITY, SOKOTO, SOKOTO STATE – SOSU
- SOUTHWESTERN UNIVERSITY, OKUN-OWA, OGUN STATE – SOUTHWESTERN
- SPIRITAN UNIVERSITY, NNEOCHI, ABIA STATE – SPIRITAN
- SUMMIT UNIVERITY, OFFA, KWARA STATE – SUMMIT
- TANSIAN UNIVERSITY, OBA, ANAMBRA STATE – TANSIAN
- UMARU MUSA YARADUA UNIVERSITY, KATSINA, KATSINA STATE – UMYUK
- UNIVERSITY OF ABUJA, ABUJA, FCT – ABUJA
- UNIVERSITY OF AFRICA, TORU-ORUA, BAYELSA STATE – UNI-AFRICA
- UNIVERSITY OF CALABAR, CALABAR, CROSS RIVER STATE – CALABAR
- UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN, IBADAN, OYO STATE – IBADAN
- UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN, ILORIN, KWARA STATE – ILORIN
- UNIVERSITY OF JOS, JOS, PLATEAU STATE – JOS
- UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS, LAGOS STATE – LAGOS
- UNIVERSITY OF MAIDUGURI, BORNO STATE – MAIDUGURI
- UNIVERSITY OF MKAR, GBOKO, BENUE STATE – MKAR
- UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA, ENUGU STATE – UNN
- UNIVERSITY OF UYO, AKWA IBOM STATE – UYO
- USMANU DANFODIO UNIVERSITY, SOKOTO, SOKOTO STATE – UDU
- WELLSPRING UNIVERSITY, IRHIHI-OGBANEKI, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE – WELLSPRING
- WESLEY UNIVERSITY, ONDO, ONDO STATE – WESLEYUNI
- WESTERN DELTA UNIVERSITY, OGHARA, DELTA STATE – WESTERN-DEL
- YOBE STATE UNIVERSITY, DAMATURU, YOBE STATE – YSU
- AAUA accepts National Diploma in related Discipline at the Upper Credit level.
- ABSU accepts Five (5) SSCE credit passes in Use of English Language, History or Government and any three (3) subjects from Arts and Social Science subject in addition to at least a pass in Mathematics.
- ABU requires five (5) O’level credit passes in Mathematics, Use of English Language, History or Government, and any other two (2) Arts or Social Sciences subjects.
- BOWEN accepts 5 credit passes to include mathematics, Government, use of the English Language, and one (1) social science subject.
- COVENANT same as Marketing.
- EBSU accepts credit pass Mathematics and two other subjects.
- EDWIN CLARK requires five (5) credit passes in the following subjects; Use of English Language, Government, Economics, and any other two subjects in addition to at least a pass in Maths.
- ESUTECH requires five credit passes to include Mathematics, Use of English Language, Government, and two (2) social science subjects.
- FED-LAFIA – Same as in Sociology.
- GO, ABUAD, OOU, UNICAL, DELSU, OAU, EKSU, and LASU requires a credit pass in Mathematics. EKSU also accepts other Social Science subject apart from Government.
- JABU requires a pass in Mathematics.
- KASU accepts credits in Mathematics.
- KSU–also requires a credit pass in Mathematics.
- KWASU requires credit passes in Mathematics, Use of English Language, Government/History, and one (1) Arts and 1 social science subject or two other social science subjects.
- REDEEMER’S accepts Five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes in Mathematics, English Language, Government or History and two (2) 0ther subjects.
- UI requires 5 ‘O’ level credits in History/Government, Use of English Language, and three (3) other subjects in addition to at least a pass in Mathematics.
- UMYUK accepts five (5) credit passes at SSCE or its equivalent in Use of English Language, Government or History, Mathematics, and any other two (2) credits in Arts/Social Science subjects which must not be more than two sittings.
- UNICAL and OAU require a credit pass in Government.
- UNICAL requires 2 Social Science subjects in addition to Government. They don’t accept History in lieu of Government.
- UNILAG requires five (5) credit passes for the following; Use of English Language, Government, and mathematics in addition to two other subjects from History, Economics, Geography, Literature in English, IRS/CRS.
- UNN and DELSU require a credit pass in Government and any 2 other subjects in addition to at least a pass in Maths. They both don’t accept History in lieu of Government.
For questions regarding the “Subject Combination For Political Science”, drop a comment below. Also, share this article with your friends on your social platforms.