Women from all over the world who plan to attend college and who will be enrolled in an American college or university in the fall are eligible for the Red Thread Scholarship. If chosen, scholars get a $1000 scholarship to aid with living expenses, books, and tuition costs. As money becomes available, additional rewards may be given out.
The Red Thread Scholarship Program is open to women from around the world who are first-year entrants to a U.S. college or university program, including international students, immigrants, and first-generation Americans.
Graduate program applicants are ineligible. GPA and US residence are not prerequisites. Multiple short-answer questions, two essays, and two letters of recommendation make up the application.
At least one of your recommenders must be a professional in the field of education, such as a teacher or a guidance counselor.
Before the application deadline, both the application form and the letters of recommendation must be submitted electronically.
The Mission of Red Thread Scholarship Program
Red Thread seeks to empower young women from low-income families, enhancing their quality of life as well as the quality of their families by helping them to find sustainable employment by offering them the chance to pursue an education.
The program incorporates direct interaction with kids and their parents as well as one-on-one mentoring connections.
The main goal is to assist young girls in breaking the cycle of poverty. To ensure that their initiatives have a long-lasting impact on both participants and communities, they also work closely with their partner schools to improve their infrastructure and learning environment.
They want their children to receive social support in their neighborhood in addition to financial security.
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
1. The Red Thread Scholarship Program is open to women from across the world who will be first-year students at a U.S. college or university in the fall of 2022, including international students, immigrants, and first-generation Americans.
2. Graduate program applicants are ineligible. GPA and US residence are not requirements.
3. Type of institution award is open to a two-year college
4. Type of institution award is open to a four-year college
5. The award is available to U.S. citizens
6. The award is available to Canadian citizens
7. The award is available to citizens of countries other than the U.S. and Canada.
1. Application form required
2. Interview required
3. Essay required
4. Recommendations or references required
- Udacity Scholarship for Young Africans
- UK Scholarships for Nigerian Students
- International Scholarships for Nigerian Students
- Scholarships in Nigeria for Undergraduate Applications
The application consists of several short-answer questions, two essays, and one letter of recommendation.
To apply, it is necessary to sign in to or create a Google account. The application form must be submitted online by the application deadline to be considered.
Short-listed candidates will be interviewed by phone. Interviews will be 30 minutes long.
Please contact us if you have additional questions or trouble accessing the application form.
Applications for the 2024 Scholarship Program were scheduled as follows:
- From January 8, 2023, to February 26, 2024: Application Submission.
- Applications that are incomplete or late will not be considered. Award announcements were made in May 2024.
Application for 2024 will be open this January 2024.
Prospectus: Teachers, guidance counselors, and coaches: Red Thread Prospectus.
Checkout out other unique articles on our blog for more detailed information and do well to share with your friends and family. Follow us on our Twitter and Facebook to stay updated with premium information.