How to Delete Albums on iPhone: The Photos app can quickly get cluttered with multiple photo albums. It can be something you made years ago but never used, or it might be something an app made for you. On the iPhone, iPad, and Mac, follow these steps to erase photo albums.
The iOS Photos app’s picture albums feature is a quick, simple, and practical way to organize and share photos from special vacations or events. But how can you get rid of them?
The Photos app’s built-in albums frequently only last a short while. If you have a habit of backing up and deleting older images to clear up storage space, you might find that the Photos app has several empty albums sitting there.
How to Delete Albums on iPhone and iPad
The iPhone and iPad’s Photos app makes it simple to add, arrange, and remove albums. The album editing interface also allows you to delete numerous albums at once.
The images contained within an album are not deleted when you delete the album. The Recents album and other albums will still contain the pictures.
1. To start the process, open the “Photos” app on your iPhone or iPad and then navigate to the “Albums” tab.
2. You’ll find all of your albums in the “My Albums” section at the top of the page. Here, tap the “See All” button found in the top-right corner.
3. You’ll now see a grid of all your albums. Simply tap the “Edit” button from the top-right corner.
4. The Album-editing mode is now active, which is similar to the Home screen editing mode. Here, you can drag and drop albums to rearrange them.
5. To delete an album, simply tap the red “-” button found in the top-left corner of an album image.
6. Then, from the pop-up message, confirm the action by choosing the “Delete Album” button. You can delete any album other than the “Recents” and the “Favorites” albums.
7. Once you confirm, you’ll notice that the album will be removed from the My Albums list. You can continue to delete albums by following the same process. When you’re done, tap the “Done” button to go back to browsing your albums.
- How to Fix iPhone Alarm Not Going Off
- How to See Who Follows your Spotify Playlist
- How to Set and Change Alarm Volume on iPhone
- What Does Highlighted Comment Mean on Youtube
How to Delete Albums on Mac
The process of deleting a photo album from the Photos app on the Mac is even more simple than on iPhone and iPad.
1. Open the “Photos” app on your Mac. Now, go to the sidebar and expand the “My Albums” folder. Here, look for the folder that you want to delete and then right-click it.
2. From the context menu, choose the “Delete Album” option.
3. You’ll now see a pop-up asking you for confirmation. Here, click the “Delete” button.
4. The album will now be deleted from your iCloud Photo Library, and the change will be synced across all your devices. Again, this won’t affect any of your photos.
Note: If you have synced your iPhone to iCloud or iTunes, chances are you cannot delete some photo albums off of your iOS device. Albums that have been curated by your iPhone’s Photos app, like “Screenshots” or “Selfies”, cannot be deleted.
Checkout out other unique articles on our blog for more detailed information and do well to share with your friends and family. Follow us on our Twitter and Facebook to stay updated with premium information.