How to Change Age on Tiktok: TikTok, a social media and video-sharing platform select films for its viewers based on a variety of criteria, including age. You must email or chat with the TikTok platform’s customer care team in order to change your age.
TikTok became one of the most downloaded applications of 2020, which led to a surge in its popularity last year. Though the app aims for its “full TikTok experience” for users 13 and above, according to its safety centre, many of the platform’s hundreds of millions of active users are under the age of 18, raising privacy issues for kids.
In 2021, TikTok tightened its privacy controls by making all accounts created by users under the age of 16 private and eliminating the option to modify your birth date once your age has been determined.
Now, to update your birthdate on TikTok, if it’s inaccurate, you’ll need to contact the app’s customer support team.
How to Change your Age on TikTok
You can email TikTok at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a change if your age was entered erroneously in the TikTok app and you want to update it without creating a new account, or you can get in touch with the platform’s customer support team using the app’s Support section, as explained below.
1. Open the TikTok app for iPhone or Android.
2. Tap on Profile at the bottom right of the home screen.
3. Tap on the three lines in the top-right corner.
4. This will take you to the Settings and privacy page. Scroll down until you see the Support section and under that, tap Report a Problem.
5. Select Account and Profile.
6. Tap on Editing profile.
7. Select Other.
8. Following that, tap on the Need more help? option.
What if TikTok Deleted Your Account?
The company has to take a position on young users as a result of lawsuits. Sadly, this forced TikTok to deactivate any accounts with an age listed that was below 13. Some online forums claim that these deletions still happen today.
In the TikTok app or on the TikTok website, you should first click the Report a Problem button. By doing this, you’ll be able to fill out a form and submit a complaint to TikTok. A government ID showing that you are older than 13 years old must be shown.
If TikTok deleted your account because you are under 13 years of age, they will send you an email with your videos attached. You can download those to your computer or phone. For anyone having issues downloading their videos from this email attachment, there is a Chrome Extension that can help.
Although there isn’t an official word yet on whether the company will reactivate the accounts once the user turns 13, it isn’t likely. TikTok permanently deletes deactivated accounts after 30 days, and many users had incorrect birthdays, including the year they created their accounts.
- Why is my Airpod Case not Charging
- What Does Pending Mean on Snapchat
- This Person is Unavailable on Messenger
- How to Change the Name of your Airpods
FAQs on How to Change Age on Tiktok
Below are some FAQs and Answers for you:
1. How to Turn off the Age Restriction on TikTok?
- Open TikTok.
- Go to your profile page.
- Tap the three lines at the top.
- Scroll down, and click ‘Digital wellbeing.’
- Select ‘Restricted mode.’
- You will then be prompted to enter a passcode.
- Once the passcode has been accepted, the Restricted Mode should now be off.
2. Does TikTok have 18+ Content?
With TikTok being mostly based on music and video, profanity and suggestive clothing/dancing are the most obvious sources of adult content. But the app also encourages some themes that are much more mature than their 16+ rating would suggest.
3. Why Does my TikTok say Age Restricted?
Instead, the video is grayed out with the error message, “Video unavailable. This content is age-restricted.” There are a couple of reasons why this message is appearing. If someone manually sets up TikTok’s Restricted Mode, this helps block inappropriate videos that someone doesn’t want to see.
4. Can you change your Birthday?
The short answer is no, you cannot change your birth date. You were born when you were born, and this date is recorded on your birth certificate in order to prove your identity. Rewriting the official records to change your birth date could be seen as an act of fraud.
We believe this article was interesting and helpful for more information don’t forget to subscribe and share this article with family and friends to stay updated.