How to Delete PlayStation Account or Close PSN Account
How to delete PlayStation account: Disconnecting your PS4 user account from the system may be a good idea if you’re selling your PlayStation 4. Even deleting your PlayStation Network account permanently is an option.
Whatever your motivation, there are a few steps required to complete either of these tasks if you want to delete your PlayStation accounts.
How to Delete PlayStation Account
1. Navigate to Settings on your PS4.
2. From the drop-down menu, select Login Settings.
3. Select User Management from the Login Settings screen in step three.
4. Click Delete User on the User Management page.
5. Select the user you want to delete from a list of users that appears on the following screen.
6. Choose Delete: After selecting Yes to confirm account deletion, wait for the PS4 to complete the process.
7. Press OK.
Note: Deleting the user account will result in the permanent deletion of all the user’s data, screenshots, and video clips that are stored on the PS4’s hard drive.
How to Close your PlayStation Network Account
Since your PlayStation ID is deleted, closing your PlayStation Network account is different from closing your user account. Its deletion is a severe task that will have the following effects:
1. The inability to access any content that was purchased with the account. There are no refunds likely and the content is non-transferable.
2. You cannot open a new account with your PlayStation ID.
3. Loss of use of any subscriptions and the content they include.
4. A loss of wallet access on the PlayStation Network. The money in the wallet is then permanently lost.
You can do the following if you want to delete your PlayStation Network account:
1. Go to the PlayStation support contact page.
2. Click Account & Security.
3. Click Change Online ID & other account questions.
4. Scroll down and under Need to contact us? Click Chat now in the Live chat box.
5. Fill in the requested information and click Request chat.
- Does Amazon Take Apple Pay
- Why Won’t my Airpods Connect
- How to See Who Liked your Tiktok on Phones
- How to Delete Lyft Account on your Mobile App
What Happens When my Account is Closed?
Your account will be closed and the following will happen:
- The online ID associated with the closed account cannot be used to open a new account.
- Any content that you have access to through the account will be removed.
- The PlayStation Store’s cancellation procedure must be followed if a refund is to be issued for this content; it cannot be transferred to another account.
- You won’t have access to any subscriptions or the rights that come with them. Your PSN wallet will no longer be accessible.
- According to the Terms of Service, money that is in your wallet cannot be refunded.
In conclusion, you must access the contact us option in order to request account termination. Additionally, have access to the following details:
- Sign-in ID (email address)
- Online ID.
FAQs on How to Delete Playstation Account
Below are frequently asked questions and answers on how to delete your PlayStation account for you:
1. Can you Delete a PS4 Account?
Log in to a PlayStation account on your PS4, and open the Settings option at the top of the screen. Scroll down and select the Login Settings option. Scroll down and select the User Management option. Select the Delete User option.
2. How do I Permanently Delete my PS5 Account?
Head to the PS5 home screen. If you want to remove an account from your PS5, you’ll first have to suspend any games you’re playing and head back to the console’s Home Screen.
1. Select the Settings menu.
2. Select the Users and Accounts menu.
3. Select the Users sub-menu.
4. Delete the account from your PS5 using the trash can symbol.
Checkout out other unique articles on our blog for more detailed information and do well to share with your friends and family. Follow us on our Twitter and Facebook to stay updated with premium information.