How to Change Hotspot Name on iPhone: You can use your other devices to access the internet while you are not connected to a WiFi network by setting up a personal hotspot on your iPhone. You must have your cellular data activated because a personal hotspot transforms your cellphone data into a WiFi signal.
Fast cellular data allows you to access your PC virtually anywhere, which is perfect for working from your iPhone as well.
Fast mobile internet also means that your iPhone’s Personal Hotspot feature, which establishes a wireless connection to the internet and broadcasts it from your phone, operates as quickly as possible.
When you need to use your desktop or laptop computer but are stranded in an area with poor or nonexistent Wi-Fi, your iPhone’s hotspot network can come in handy.
Your hotspot’s name will initially be the same as the name of your phone when you turn it on. It’s a good idea to alter that name to something you’ll recognize to make it simpler to discover in a list of networks.
How to Change your Hotspot Name on an iPhone
Here are instructions on how to activate a personal hotspot on your iPhone, modify the hotspot’s name and password, and connect to it using a different device.
The five simple steps to go about changing your iPhone’s Personal Hotspot name.
1. Open the Settings app.
2. Scroll to and tap “General.”
3. At the very top of the General page, tap “About.”
4. Select “Name,” also at the top of the next tab.
5. Name your iPhone what you’d like, and tap “Done.”
You’re all set — you’ve changed your iPhone’s name, and thus your hotspot’s name. Go forth and show off your mobile hotspot’s name with pride.
It will be publically viewable by other devices, but only accessible with the password displayed in your hotspot settings.
How to Change Your Hotspot Password on an iPhone
To change the password of your iPhone’s hotspot, go to Settings > Cellular > Personal Hotspot. Then tap the text next to Wi-Fi Password. Next, tap the “x” next to your current hotspot password and enter a new one using your on-screen keyboard.
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Then tap Cellular.
3. Next, select Personal Hotspot.
4. Then tap the text next to Wi-Fi Password.
5. Next, use the on-screen keyboard to type a new WiFi Password. Your new WiFi password must be at least 8 characters long, and it can only contain numbers, letters, and certain punctuation.
6. Finally, tap Done. You can find this in the top-right corner of your screen.
Note: Once you change your iPhone’s hotspot password, all your connected devices will be disconnected.
How to Connect to Your iPhone Hotspot
Simply look for your iPhone’s name in a list of accessible WiFi networks on another device to connect to your iPhone’s hotspot over WiFi. When asked for the WiFi password, you can then input the hotspot password for your iPhone.
Simply open the Bluetooth settings on your device to establish a Bluetooth connection to your iPhone’s hotspot. The process of pairing a Bluetooth mouse or wireless headphones is the same. Then on your device click Connect to Network. Depending on the device you’re trying to connect, this can be different.
Check to see if the code displayed on your smartphone and the iPhone is identical. Finally, on your iPhone, tap Pair.
- Why is my Airpod Case not Charging
- What Does Pending Mean on Snapchat
- This Person is Unavailable on Messenger
- How to Change the Name of your Airpods
FAQs on How to Change Hotspot Name on iPhone
Below are some FAQs and Answers for you:
1. How to Change Your Hotspot Name on Android
- Open the Settings app from your menu.
- Open the Wireless & Networks/Connectivity option.
- Find the Tethering & Hotspot option and tap.
- Open (Portable) Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Among other hotspot settings, you’ll see the Hotspot name.
- Erase the current name and add a new one.
2. How do I change my Hotspot Name on my iPhone without Changing it?
Follow the below steps to change your hotspot name:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone to change your iPhone settings.
- On the Settings page, select General.
- Now, tap on the About option.
- You need to select the Name option to change your hotspot name on your iPhone.
- You can see your hotspot’s current name in the text field.
3. How do I find the name of my personal hotspot on my iPhone?
Open the Wireless & Networks/Connectivity menu. Open the Tethering & Hotspot option and tap. Open (Portable) Wi-Fi hotspot. Among other hotspot settings, you’ll see Hotspot name.
4. Why can’t I see Personal Hotspot on my iPhone?
Open the Settings app and select Cellular > Personal Hotspot. Move the Personal Hotspot toggle to On (green). Next, go back to the main Settings screen. If you see Personal Hotspot listed under Cellular, the problem is solved.
5. How Secure is iPhone Hotspot?
WPA3 was announced by the Wi-Fi Alliance in June of 2018 with the goal to “simplify Wi-Fi security, enable more robust authentication, and deliver increased cryptographic strength.” On iOS 14, hotspot connections from an iPhone or iPad are secured only with WPA2, and now on updates coming later this fall, connections
If you want to know how to set up a hotspot on any device, including a Mac or Windows 10 PC, check out our step-by-step guide above.
We believe this article was interesting and helpful for more information don’t forget to subscribe and share this article with family and friends to stay updated.