How to Change the Name of your Airpods: Customizing your AirPods doesn’t merely stop at the double-tap gesture.
You can also set a personalized name for your AirPods, AirPods Pro or AirPods Max, both to make it easier to find in Bluetooth device lists and to give it a fun extra touch.
With the help of these instructions, you may use and personalize your AirPods, AirPods Pro, and AirPods Max.
It might be challenging to keep track of everything when there are so many Bluetooth-enabled gadgets to connect to, including your car’s audio system, noise-canceling headphones, and your living room speaker.
To ensure that you never again mix up gadgets like your AirPods, it can be useful to rename them.
Here’s how to accomplish both. You can alter the name of your AirPods from the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad or from System Preferences on your Mac.
How to Change the Name of Your Airpods
On iPhone and iPad:
Whether you have AirPods Max, AirPods Pro, or AirPods (1st and 2nd generation), the process to change their name is the same.
1. Take your AirPods out of their case.
2. Open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad and select Bluetooth.
3. Tap the blue “i” icon next to your AirPods in the list of devices.
4. Tap in the Name field and type a new name.
5. Hit Done in the bottom-right corner of the keypad once you’ve added a new name.
Now when you go to find your AirPods in your list of devices, you’ll see them listed under the new name.
- How to Put Multiple Pictures on Instagram Story
- How to Tell if Someone Blocked you on Snapchat
- Snapchat Failed to Send: How to Troubleshoot it
How to Change the Name of your AirPods
No matter what type of AirPods you have, you can also change their name on your Mac computer.
1. Open System Preferences on your Mac, which you can do by clicking the Apple symbol in the top-left corner of your screen and selecting System Preferences in the drop-down.
2. In System Preferences, click Bluetooth.
3. Connect your AirPods to your Mac. Then in the Devices section of the Bluetooth page, right-click the name of your AirPods and select Rename in the drop-down menu. To right-click on a Mac, hold down the Control key while you click.
4. Enter a new name and click Rename again to confirm your change.
You can change the name of your AirPods (1st, 2nd, or 3rd generation), AirPods Pro, or AirPods Max using your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac. When you’re signed in with the same Apple ID on multiple devices, the new name updates across devices.
Checkout out other unique articles on our blog for more detailed information and do well to share with your friends and family. Follow us on our Twitter and Facebook to stay updated with premium information.