This Person is Unavailable on Messenger: You decide to write to a friend you haven’t spoken to in a long time only to receive the following response: On Messenger, this individual is not available. This error notice can only imply one thing when it appears: the person is unavailable.
Yet why? There could be a variety of problems with their Facebook profile or user account.
Reasons for This Person is Unavailable on Messenger
The notice “This Person is Unavailable on Messenger” could show up in your Messenger for a few different reasons.
There are several reasons why a user can get the following notice and be unable to message, including the following:
1. One of the most frequent reasons is that the person you are contacting has blocked you from Facebook Messenger or the other platform.
If you unintentionally block the user from your side, the situation will be the same. As a result, you won’t be able to send any messages and will instead receive the notice “This Person is Unavailable on Messenger.”
2. It turns out that if the person you are texting has canceled both their Facebook and Messenger accounts, you will not be able to message them. Until they activate their account again, you will see the notification “This Person is Unavailable on Messenger.”
3. Facebook account that has been suspended – Finally, you won’t be able to communicate with someone on Messenger if Facebook has deleted their account.
Techniques to Find Out Why the Message Shows
Now that you are aware of the causes listed below for why you won’t be able to message your buddy, you may use the following techniques to determine which of the causes applies to you:
Check if the User Has Blocked You
You must first determine whether the person has blocked you or not. You will see a message saying “This Person is Unavailable on Messenger” if the user has blocked you. To determine whether you are blocked or not, you can do the following steps:
1. First, log into Facebook and utilize the search option to look up the profile of the person you want to message.
2. If you are unable to find the profile of the user, then try searching the profile from another Facebook account. You can also use a friend’s account to check through.
3. Now if the account shows up on a friend’s account, it means the user has blocked you on Messenger and Facebook.
- How to Put Multiple Pictures on Instagram Story
- How to Tell if Someone Blocked you on Snapchat
- Snapchat Failed to Send: How to Troubleshoot it
Check if the User has Deactivated their Facebook Account
Another reason would be if the user has deactivated or deleted their Facebook and Messenger accounts. You cannot find out if the account is deleted or just deactivated.
However, you can confirm this by checking it through the different accounts as stated below:
1. Open your Facebook application and search for the account of the user you are trying to message.
2. If you can’t find the user, then try searching for the user from a friend’s account. If the account can’t be found through any other ID, then it means the user has deactivated their account or the account was banned from Facebook.
3. You can also try checking the account from several different IDs to make sure. Try checking from any of the accounts on their friend list or friends of friends.
Note: Sometimes the account can be hidden from public search and only will be visible to friends or friends of friends.
Make Sure You Haven’t Blocked the User
Sometimes by mistake, you may have blocked someone on your friend list. This will also show a similar message to you on Messenger.
You can easily check if you have blocked someone by following the below steps:
1. Open the Messenger application and find the chat where you see the “This Person is Unavailable on Messenger” message.
2. Tap and hold on to the chat to see different options for the chat. If you see the Block option, then it means that the user is not blocked.
3. However, if you see the Unblock option, then that means you have blocked the person and should unblock before messaging. You can tap on the Unblock option and start messaging again without any issues.
Check out other unique articles on our blog for more detailed information and do well to share with your friends and family. Follow us on our Twitter and Facebook to stay updated with premium information.