How to Clear Cache on Instagram: Every device has a place to store data momentarily. That is what a cache is.
In order to make finding your favorite accounts or hashtags faster, Instagram records every search you do in the Search and Explore section.
Fortunately, Instagram’s cache can be cleared on both Android and iPhone. How? Read on.
The primary objective of data storage is to accelerate the launching and use of routine apps and page loads on your smartphone.
The cache helps to lower the amount of data used by your device while it is in use. But occasionally the cache can slow down your smartphone, so you might wish to clear it.
Almost every program that displays images has a cache. In order to make future image loads faster, the cache retains information about the images.
Therefore, as you might anticipate, Instagram’s cache might expand drastically over time. And if your phone is out of storage, Instagram might become a data eater.
How to Clear Instagram’s Cache on an iPhone
The only way to clear the Instagram cache on an iPhone is to delete and reinstall the app:
1. Find the Instagram app icon on your home screen or in the App Library.
2. Tap and hold your finger on the Instagram icon until a menu appears, or all the apps start to jiggle.
3. Tap Remove App, or the minus sign at the top-left corner of the icon.
4. Confirm that you want to delete the app.
5. You can then reinstall Instagram for free from the App Store and log back into your account.
How to Clear Instagram’s Cache on an Android
On an Android phone, you don’t need to delete the Instagram app, or even log out of your account. The Settings app has a built-in way to clear the cache.
1. Open the Settings app and tap Storage.
2. Select Other Apps, and then find Instagram in the list of apps and tap it.
3. Tap the Clear Cache option.
You should see the Clear Cache button grey out, and the Cache section underneath Space Used drop to 0 B.
How to Clear Instagram’s Cache on your Computer
If you want to know how to clear Instagram’s cache on your computer or your mobile browser, follow these steps:
- Go to www.instagram.com
- Click ‘Privacy and Security
- Click ‘View Account Data’
- Click ‘View all’ under ‘Search History
- Click ‘Clear Search History and then select ‘Yes, I’m sure
However, please keep in mind that erasing your Instagram cache doesn’t guarantee that it will work better.
Also, don’t forget that the app will be slower the next time it’s used since it ‘forgot’ all the data to operate.
- How to Put Multiple Pictures on Instagram Story
- Snapchat Failed to Send: How to Troubleshoot it
- How to Tell if Someone Blocked you on Snapchat
FAQs on How to Clear Cache on Instagram
Below are some FAQs and Answers for you:
1. What Happens if You Clear Cache on Instagram?
It means removing app settings, preferences, and saved data in the app. On the other hand, clearing your cache does not delete your personal files or settings. It only clears Instagram search history and temporary data related to the app.
2. Does Instagram have a Cache?
Note for Android users; the Android version of Instagram has a direct “Clear Cache” button under the Settings section of Instagram. Thus Android users can just use that to achieve the same effect.
3. Does Clearing Instagram Cache Delete Messages?
Now when you clear the cache for the app, it only removes those temporary files, without affecting any of your personal data such as messages, pictures, accounts, files, etc. Generally, Android manages the cached data on its own.
4. Will Clearing Cache Delete Pictures?
If you are deleting the image cache and not the images, then your images are safe. The image cache consists of thumbnails created by different apps, not the real image themselves.
5. Why is Instagram Feed not Refreshing?
Update Instagram. The outdated version of Instagram could lead to the issue of Instagram not refreshing. To fix this Instagram error, you can update the Instagram app.
Checkout out other unique articles on our blog for more detailed information and do well to share with your friends and family. Follow us on our Twitter and Facebook to stay updated with premium information.