How to Change Bluetooth Name on iPhone will be explained in detail in this article. It might be challenging to keep track of all the Bluetooth devices that are connected to your iPhone, including headphones, earbuds, speakers, and possibly a few cars.
Fortunately, you can give your Bluetooth devices new names that are easier to remember.
How to Change Bluetooth Name on iPhone
On iOS, the device name is also the Bluetooth name, which is confusing when multiple iPhones in the same range `have similar names. Change the device name to modify the Bluetooth name with these easy steps.
- Open Settings.
- Go to General > About.
- Select Name. This is the default name that other devices use to identify the iPhone for a Bluetooth connection.
- On the Name screen, enter a new name to replace the default name. Tap Done on the iPhone keyboard.
- Go back to Settings > Bluetooth. The iPhone will now be discoverable with the new name.
How Do I Change My Bluetooth Name
For an Accessory on iPhone:
Bluetooth accessories that an iPhone connects to have default device names. You can also give these devices custom names to make them distinct.
For instance, changing the name of AirPods makes them easier to manage when you have several pairs lying around.
Enable Bluetooth and connect to the accessory before following the steps below:
- Select Settings.
- Select Bluetooth. The Bluetooth accessory should be turned on and wirelessly connected to your device.
- Tap on the tiny encircled “i” (information) symbol next to the accessory.
- Select Name and enter a new name on the next screen. Tap Done to save the name.
Note: You can’t rename a Bluetooth device if the Name field isn’t in the settings. There is no other alternative but to stay with the manufacturer-chosen default names for these accessories.
Changing the default name of an iPhone makes it easier to identify for connecting to Bluetooth devices.
The iPhone also allows you to give a unique name to a Bluetooth accessory to make it more recognizable among a sea of devices at home or work. A unique name also adds a touch of personalization to every Bluetooth accessory you own.
- What Does Share Focus Status Mean
- How to Screenshot on Lenovo Laptop
- How to Put Multiple Pictures on Instagram Story
- Snapchat Failed to Send: How to Troubleshoot it
FAQs About How to Change Bluetooth Name on iPhone
Below are some FAQs and Answers for you:
1. How do I Change my Bluetooth Name?
What to Know:
Most Android phones: Settings > Connected Devices > Connection preferences > Bluetooth > Device name.
Change the Bluetooth name to make your device more recognizable.
The Bluetooth name can usually be different from the overall device name
2. How do I change the name of my iPhone?
Change the name of your iPhone:
Go to Settings > General > About > Name.
Tap, enter a new name, then tap Done.
3. How do you change your Bluetooth name on iOS 14?
How to change the name of a Bluetooth device on the iPhone:
- Turn on the Bluetooth device you want to rename so it connects to your iPhone. …
- Start the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap “Bluetooth.”
- Find the device you want to rename. …
- Tap “Name.” …
- On the Name page, rename the device and then tap “Done” on the keyboard.
4. Why did my AirPods Change Name?
You can change your AirPod name from your iPhone or iPad’s Settings app, or from your Mac computer. Changing the name of your AirPods can make them easier to identify in a crowded Bluetooth menu.
5. Why wont my AirPods let me Change my Name?
Try resetting AirPods. Put the AirPods in the charging case and keep the lid open. Then, press and hold the setup button on the back of the charging case for about 3 seconds until the status light starts flashing amber and then flashes white. Next up, connect the earbuds to you iPhone and try to rename it as usual.
Checkout out other unique articles on our blog for more detailed information and do well to share with your friends and family. Follow us on our Twitter and Facebook to stay updated with premium information.