Fedex Package Handler Job Description: Package handlers assemble, seal, scan, and load shipments to ensure that they arrive securely at their destination. Package handlers operate as part of a team to satisfy customer and business standards while meeting deadlines.
- What are the 5 Lowest Paying Careers
- Best Careers For The Future
- What is the Easiest Job in America
- High-Paying Jobs in Dubai With no Experience
What Does a Package Handler Do?
Package handlers sort and move parcels within a warehouse or distribution centre. They operate in a fast-paced, physically demanding job, lifting and transporting big goods regularly.
In addition to rapidly and properly sorting and loading products into trucks, they track parcels and fix any difficulties that may emerge during transportation.
A good package handler has physical stamina, attention to detail, and teamwork abilities. All safety rules must be followed, and the workspace must be kept clean and organised.
These people must also be able to work in a range of weather situations and lift up to 70 pounds.
FedEx Package Handler Job Description
A FedEx package handler’s job description often includes the following jobs, tasks, and responsibilities:
- Package loading and unloading into and off of vehicles
- Computers are used to track packages.
- Package tracking as it is being carried
- ensuring that items are appropriately labelled
- ensuring that packages get at their destination securely
- Offering client service
- Handling goods that have been damaged or lost
- Working with potentially dangerous materials
- Using heavy machinery
- Package collection and delivery
- Other responsibilities may be allocated.
FedEx Package Handler Job Description for Resume
If you are creating a fresh resume/CV, you should include a strong Professional Experience section.
So, if you have previously worked as a FedEx package handler or are now working in that function, you may showcase that experience in your resume by using the sample FedEx package handler job description above.
With a resume/CV that shows your performance as a FedEx package handler, you will have a greater chance of being called in for an interview, especially if the new job you are pursuing demands some package handling work experience.
FedEx Package Handler Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge Required for Career Success
If you want to work as a package handler for FedEx or another comparable company, here are some significant qualifications you may be needed to meet:
- Lifting 50 pounds or more without assistance
- Two years of warehouse experience is necessary, as well as the willingness to work extra and on weekends as directed by the manager or supervisor.
- Must be able to read and comprehend instructions and manuals.
- Capability to work with others
- Understanding of transportation legislation and regulations
- Knowledge of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration’s (FMCSA) standards and requirements
- A valid driver’s licence is required.
- Excellent communication skills are required to properly interact with customers, supervisors, coworkers, and management.
- Excellent physical stamina for lifting, pushing, pulling, carrying, and moving packages weighing up to 70 pounds.
- Good manual dexterity is required to lift, push, pull, carry, and move packages using one’s hands.
- Strong eyesight is required to read labels, examine inside boxes, and determine the number of products in each box.
- Excellent hearing to properly listen to directions from customers, superiors, or coworkers.
- Ability to stand on one foot most of the time while driving a motorised vehicle or completing other chores requires good balance.
- Strong concentration and capacity to focus intensely on what is being done
- Ability to make sound judgements about how to execute certain tasks
- Strong memory for remembering where keys, tools, and documents are kept
- Good arithmetic abilities are required to compute package weights, dimensions, and volumes.
- Excellent typing skills for entering information into a computer. Excellent problem-solving abilities.
- How to Write a Good Business Plan
- The Negative Effects of Technology
- How to Make Money On Facebook
- Top Five Positions to Apply in Tech Companies in Nigeria
FedEx Package Handler Salary
The income of a FedEx package handler is determined by a variety of criteria, including the size of the organisation where he or she works and the number of years of experience.
The hourly wage for a FedEx package handler ranges from $15 to $25 per hour, depending on region and expertise.
Checkout out other unique articles on our blog for more detailed information and do well to share ”Fedex Package Handler Job Description” with your friends and family. Follow us on our Twitter and Facebook to stay updated with premium information.