WAEC Food and Nutrition Questions and Answers 2023 are here! We will provide you with WAEC Food and Nut objective and theory PDF questions at no cost. We will also provide Food and Nut expo on the way WAEC Food and Nut questions are set and other examination information.
WAEC Food and Nutrition Questions and Answers PDF Download
WAEC Food and Nutrition (Practical) Questions And Answers PDF file is here and available for download.
See Food and NUTRITION PRACTICE TEST QUESTIONS to download full test questions for your studies.
WAEC SS3 Food and Nutrition Objective Questions
Take your time to go through these questions so that you can get an idea of how the questions are set.
1. One of the Following Statements About Omega-3 Fatty Acids is False
- Helps to maintain healthy triglyceride and high-density lipoprotein.
- They have significantly contributed to the obesity epidemic.
- Are necessary for healthy infant growth and development
- They play an important role in the production of hormones that govern numerous metabolic and biological processes.
2. Which of the Following is Not Associated With Scurvy?
- Loss of appetite and irritability
- Diarrhea and fever
- Tenderness and swelling in legs
- The first symptom is altered mental status
3. The Only Fat-Soluble Antioxidant Synthesized in the Body is?
- Vitamin D
- Ascorbic acid
4. Which of these is not a Good Vitamin D Source?
- Salmon, tuna sardines, and mackerel
- Fortified milk and other dairy products
5. A Deficiency of Thiamine (Vitamin B1) in the Diet Causes:
- Protein malnutrition
WAEC Food and Nutrition Expo/Runs 2023
The WAEC Food and Nutrition Expo/runs is out and has been published on this site.
Do go through our sample Questions and Answers to get a glimpse of what your questions will be like in the exam hall.
WAEC Food and Nutrition Essay Questions and Answers 2023/2024
Explain why cells need to receive nutrients (explain what nutrients are and give examples).
Nutrition is important for all living organisms to survive well and be healthy during their lifetime. It is important to take good nutrition from various sources to have a healthy lifestyle. It supports the development of various organs and tissues in living beings.
WAEC Food and Nutritional Questions And Answers
Can microwaving food cause cancer?
Many customers have inquired about the safety of using these ovens to reheat food from the night before. They worry when they hear the word “radiation.”
Although radiation may be related to damaged cells and increased cancer risk when it’s high frequency and there’s continuous exposure (think gamma rays and some ultraviolet radiation), microwaves employ low-frequency radiation for brief periods.
Microwaves only work when the oven is turned on and the door is closed, so they don’t produce radiation all the time.
The World Health Organization and the World Cancer Research Fund consider microwaves to be safe as long as the door closes correctly and there are no dents or leaks.
Do I need to drink milk to get calcium?
Calcium is abundant in dairy products such as milk, cheese, and yogurt, which contain between 250 and 350 mg per serving. (Depending on age and gender, adults require 1,000 to 1,200 mg of calcium each day.)
Dairy products are a simple and easy method to obtain enough calcium, but they aren’t the only option.
A serving of canned salmon or sardines, as long as the bones are eaten, has 300 mg of calcium per cup, as do fortify plant-based beverages (such as those made from almonds, oats, cashews, and so on).
Kale, almonds, white beans, and tofu all contain around 100 milligrams of calcium per serving, whereas broccoli has 40 milligrams per cup. The final line is that calcium is more important than milk.
Whether you eat dairy or not, you can get adequate calcium with some careful planning.
Is discarding the salt shaker enough to cut sodium intake?
When dealing with heart or kidney problems, people are often instructed to limit their sodium intake, but omitting a pinch of salt is not enough.
Only 11% of the sodium we consume comes from salt added at the table or in the kitchen. Processed, packaged, and restaurant foods contain a whopping 71 percent of sodium.
If you need to reduce your salt intake, opt for fresh, natural meals over processed foods and fast food. If this isn’t possible, compare food labels on similar goods and choose the reduced-sodium choice.
Tips to Get Through WAEC Food and Nutrition Exam Questions and Answers 2023/2024
- Set a goal and work towards achieving it
- Make a schedule and master plan for achieving your goals
- Get the recommended Biology Textbook for the 2022 WAEC Examination
- In general, WAEC recommends books for the exam, get them and read up as much as you can
- Certain textbooks are harder to comprehend. If you are dealing with a subject you’re struggling to comprehend, you should get the right textbook to simplify the subject and make life easier for you.
- Don’t skip Exercises and Examples you will encounter while reading
In case you’ve got any concerns regarding WAEC Food and Nutrition Questions and Answers 2022 Please feel free to post them in the comments and we’ll respond within the shortest amount of time.
Disclaimer: We would like to state categorically our firm position that flexyinfo.com doesn’t offer expo to students in Nigerian secondary schools, but instead provide guides.
Checkout out other unique articles on our blog for more detailed information and do well to share with your friends and family. Follow us on our Twitter and Facebook to stay updated with premium information.