Qalaa Holdings Scholarship is a form of financial support awarded to students for higher education. These Scholarships are typically given based on a number of factors, including academic achievement, diversity and inclusion, athletic ability, and financial need.
About Qalaa Holdings
Qalaa Holdings is an African infrastructure and energy. The company creates companies in key sectors that will shape the future of the area.
The company’s 32,000 workers labor to bring energy to consumers and businesses alike, to provide dependable, fuel-efficient transportation solutions, to grow or manufacture safe, healthy food, to add value to natural resources, and to assist in the development of crucial national infrastructure.
In all of its investments and endeavors, Qalaa Holdings is a business that values innovation, value creation, and sustainability.
With headquarters in Cairo, Egypt, and other offices in Algiers, Algeria, and Nairobi, Kenya, Qalaa Holdings was established in 2004.
About Qalaa Holdings Scholarship
In 2007, the Qalaa Holdings Scholarship Fund was established with the goal of developing high-level individuals who would support Egypt’s development across all industries.
Eligibility Criteria for Application
1. Applicant must be under the age of 35.
2. Must be an Egyptian national and reside in Egypt.
3. Applicant must have a minimum of two years of work experience post-graduation.
4. Is planning to pursue his/her studies at one of the top universities abroad in their discipline of choice.
5. Must have been accepted at the university and program of interest.
6. Applicant must submit an unconditional acceptance letter (with the exception of a funding condition).
7. Excellent command of the language of study. Good command of the English language.
8. Involvement with activities in civic, public, or international affairs (NGOs, volunteer work, etc) will be an asset.
9. Must have a genuine financial need.
10. Not a beneficiary of any other partial scholarship or grants (with the exception of waivers from the university of choice itself).
11. Upon completion of the program, graduates must be committed to returning to work in Egypt for a minimum of 2 years.
12. Military service status must be clear (for males).
- Romanian MFA Foreign Citizens Scholarship
- University of Aberdeen Global Scholarship
- Go City UK Scholarship Competition
- Cheryl Ann Keatley Scholarship at Flinders University
January 15th: Beginning of annual scholarship round. Applicants can begin submitting applications. Application form made available online.
April 15th: Deadline for submitting applications.
May: Shortlisting completed. Semi-finalists were contacted for personal interviews.
June: Scholarship recipients announced.
July – August: Placement and departure of scholars
How to Apply
HSF accepts applications every year from January 15th to April 15th.
Applications are only accepted in hard copy – by mail or through our FedEx account (see below). Your application package must include the following:
1. The Qalaa Holdings Scholarship application form.
2. Copy of letter of acceptance to University of choice
3. Copy of (completed) application form submitted to the university of choice
4. An updated C.V.
5. Two reference letters (academic and professional)
6. Copy of Military Certificate (for Males only)
Once it is completed, please submit your application package to:
By Regular Post:
Qalaa Holdings Scholarship Foundation
P.O Box 29
Postal Code: 11516
Qalaa Holdings Scholarship Foundation
Hold at FedEx Mohandessin office
- You can check that your application has been delivered through: [email protected]
- Kindly wait for a week before checking.
- Please submit an acceptance letter to only one university.
- Submit your application package only once.
- Multiple applications from one person will result in the rejection of all applications.
- Applications cannot be submitted by hand.
Download your Application Form Here
Check out other unique articles on our blog for more detailed information and do well to share with your friends and family. Follow us on our Twitter and Facebook to stay updated with premium information.