Romanian MFA Foreign Citizens Scholarship is currently accepting applications for the award provided by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Romanian government to nationals of non-EU nations each year. To be a part of this scholarship there are criteria you need to consider, read on for more information.
Romanian MFA Foreign Citizens Scholarship
Only candidates with good academic results, or an average of the study years for the most recent school from which they graduated, of at least 7 (seven), matching the Romanian scoring system or the Good score, as applicable, are qualified.
All areas, with the exception of medicine, dental medicine, and pharmacy, allow applicants to choose the study program of their choice.
To support the Romanian language and culture, only study programs in Romanian are offered for Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees.
However, PhD candidates also have the option of choosing a course in English or a foreign language that is prescribed by the doctoral institution.
For individuals who don’t speak Romanian, a year of preparation in the language is provided before enrolling in the desired academic program. Diplomas, transcripts, birth certificates, passports, and CVs are all required documents and are all listed in the application process.
Between 15 December 2023 and 1 March 2024, applications may only be submitted online. The selection results will be made public on 15 July 2024. Further procedures, such as getting a visa, will be necessary after selection.
Who is Eligible?
To be eligible, the scholarship applicant must:
1. Submit a complete file
2 Present study documents issued by accredited/recognized educational institutions in the country where they were issued
3. Comply with the enrolment deadline
4. Have good results in education, respectively an average of the study years, for the last graduated school of at least 7 (seven) corresponding to the scoring system in Romania or the “Good” score, as the case
5. Comply with the application submission methodology.
Please note that scholarships are NOT awarded in the fields of medicine, Dental Medicine, and Pharmacy.
- Delta State Government Scholarship Award
- ABSIP Bursary Fund for Black South Africans
- Uni Leipzig Summer School Scholarships Programme
- Newton International Fellowships for International Researchers
How to Apply/ Submission of Application
ONLY the Study in Romania portal can be used to submit the scholarship application.
Through the Apply for MFA Scholarships button, candidates can access the portal. Both English and French are enabled to access the platform.
Note: Direct applications from applicants to the registry offices of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the Ministry of Education, to the e-mail accounts of MFA employees or departments at the MFA Headquarters, or to Romanian diplomatic missions or foreign diplomatic missions accredited in Bucharest will not be considered.
Enrolment Dates and Necessary Documents
The application period starts on December 15, 2023. Applications must be submitted by 1 March 2024.
Documents are required to complete the file.
Each applicant will open an account on the Study in Romania website, enter the necessary information, and upload the following files:
1. Copy of the diplomas earned, including the bachelor’s, master’s, and doctorate degrees, if applicable, as well as any official translations into the languages of English, French, Spanish, or Romania.
2. Copies of the completed studies’ transcripts, together with, if necessary, an official translation into Romanian, French, Spanish, or English.
3. A duplicate of the birth certificate (or comparable document) and, if applicable, its official translation into English, French, Spanish, or Romanian.
4. Copy of the first three pages of the passport or of the national document of identity and the authorized translation into English, French, Spanish or Romanian, if applicable.
5. Curriculum Vitae in English or French.
6. For the doctoral cycle, the candidate must submit a letter of intent that includes a list of scientific publications, specialized works, a thorough explanation of the proposed research project, and the support of a tutor who must belong to the doctoral school of choice. The languages of the two documents must be English, French, or Romanian.
- Haileybury Scholarships Programme Application Details
- USQ Scholarships Programme Application Details
- UON Scholarships Programme for International Students
- UOW Scholarships Programme|Study at the University of Wollongong
Announcement of Results/Formalities for the Admitted Candidates
Every applicant who applied for a scholarship will receive an email on July 15, 2024, with the results of the selection process.
A “Letter of Acceptance for Studies in Romania” that details the requirement (where applicable) to complete a Romanian language preparatory year as well as the higher education institution or institutions where the studies will take place will be issued to accepted students by the Ministry of Education.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs will provide the university with the actual Letter of Acceptance.
The “Letter of Acceptance for Studies in Romania” is necessary for enrollment as well as for securing a long-stay visa. A scanned copy will be available for download by the students.
The Ministry of Education reserves the right to suggest to the candidate an alternative in the same field of study, pending the availability of higher education institutions in Romania if the candidate’s university option cannot be honored. Future requests to change the university, the topic of study, or both will not be taken into account.
The candidate is free to accept or decline the scholarship after receiving a letter of acceptance for studies using this alternative.
Following receiving the letter of acceptance, the students will provide electronically, using the platform, within the stated period, a response about the acceptance/refusal of the scholarship, and in case of acceptance, will request a long study visa.
Also, in case of accepting the scholarship, the student has the obligation to contact the university to find out about the specific enrolment conditions (additional documents required, aptitude test, registration deadline, etc.)
Check out other unique articles on our blog for more detailed information and do well to share with your friends and family. Follow us on our Twitter and Facebook to stay updated with premium information.