ICIPE PhD scholarships application is ongoing. Ph.D. scholarships in the African Regional Postgraduate Course in Insect Sciences (ARPPIS )in Kenya by the International Institute of Insect Physiology and Ecology (ICIPE) are ongoing, interested students should read on to get more information on how to apply.
About ICIPE PhD Scholarships
In terms of research on the development of insects and arthropods and their positive and negative effects on food production, human and animal health, environmental sustainability, and livelihoods, ICIPE is an African institution and a regional and global leader.
Through a network of partners that includes universities, non-profit organizations, and the commercial sector, ICIPE works across the continent.
It employs over 500 people, who are located in Kenya, Ethiopia, Uganda, and Benin. In order to have an impact, the research at the Centre is organized around four major health themes: human, animal, plant, and environmental health.
What to Know About ARPPIS
The main goal of the African Regional Postgraduate Programme in Insect Sciences (ARPPIS) is to train up-and-coming African academics to compete globally in research and development settings for national, regional, and global research programs.
In a structured, three-year Ph.D. program at ICIPE, ARPPIS scholars have access to top-notch research facilities in an interdisciplinary setting.
This program includes research, training, forging research alliances, publishing scholarly articles, creating grant proposals, attending scientific meetings, and more.
At the laboratories and field locations of ICIPE, which are spread out throughout several agroecological zones, scholars carry out strategic, original research.
All student expenditures, including travel, living expenses, health insurance, tuition, and all training and research costs, are covered by this program.
Successful candidates, please note that successful candidates will develop a full proposal and register with a university after they commence their Ph.D. program at ICIPE.
The Ph.D. program will commence in April 2023.
- RMIT Scholarships for Commencing International Students
- The University of Sydney International Scholarships
- UTS Scholarships Programme for Indigenous Students
- Requirements to Study in Canada for International Students
1. A citizen of a country in sub-Saharan Africa.
2. Bachelor’s degree with superior grades (second class or higher, or equivalent).
3. Master’s degree earned with coursework and research in the natural sciences or another discipline related to the Ph.D. thesis, with at least Second Class/Upper Division or equivalent grades.
4. Depending on the Ph.D. research that the applicant chooses, additional criteria may be necessary.
5. A master’s degree must have been earned no more than six years prior to the application deadline.
6. completed application form, an abstract for a Ph.D. project (based on one of the available Ph.D. projects), and any supplementary paperwork.
7. Good working knowledge of written and spoken English.
8. Clearly show motivation and strong commitment.
9. Candidates who are staff members of a public university, or considered for university teaching or research staff recruitment, are encouraged to apply.
10. Qualified female candidates and candidates from less privileged regions or groups as well as candidates with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
1. Download and complete the Scholarship Application Form
2. Go to the online application platform by clicking HERE to apply and upload the following documents:
- Completed application form
- Curriculum Vitae (please use the Europass Format
- Certified copies of official university certificates and transcripts, and any other professional or academic certificates. Please combine them into 1 file. If necessary, you may zip the file to make it smaller for uploading.
- Copy of a signed recommendation letter from your employer (if currently employed) or University where MSc was undertaken. The letter must be on institute letterhead.
- Close-up photograph in the color of your full head and upper shoulders (passport-style photograph)
- Copy of National ID
- For foreign nationals, a copy of the Passport biodata page (the page that has your picture and personal details)
The closing date for applications is 23rd February 2023. Successful candidates will be notified by 21st March 2023.
The Ph.D. positions will be a 3-year doctoral training by research: start: April 2023, end: March 2026.
Checkout out other unique articles on our blog for more detailed information and do well to share with your friends and family. Follow us on our Twitter and Facebook to stay updated with premium information.