How to Use your New Alexa: The 21st-century generation is blessed with outstanding technological devices. These devices have become an immense help to our daily activities. They have replaced the positions of PA’s, secretaries, etc. One such example is ALEXA.
Alexa is a good example of a home/office assistant that performs tasks through voice instructions.
This article will discuss first what Alexa means in simple terms, its functions and the tips you need to follow in order to use your new device.
What is Alexa
Amazon Alexa, also known simply as Alexa, is a virtual assistant technology largely based on a Polish speech synthesiser named Ivona, bought by Amazon in 2013. It was first used in the Amazon Echo smart speaker and the Echo Dot, Echo Studio.
It is capable of voice interaction, music playback, making to-do lists, setting alarms, streaming podcasts, playing audiobooks, and providing weather, traffic, sports, and other real-time information, such as news. Alexa can also control several smart devices using itself as a home automation system.
Users are able to extend the Alexa capabilities by installing “skills” (additional functionality developed by third-party vendors, in other settings more commonly called apps) such as weather programs and audio features. It uses automatic speech recognition, natural language processing, and other forms of weak AI to perform these tasks. This is Artificial intelligence at its peak.
The basic premise of Amazon’s voice assistant is simple – you ask questions, give commands and receive responses – but there’s a surprising amount of depth to its capabilities and, if you recently unboxed an Echo smart speaker, then you might be wondering exactly how to get started with an Alexa smart home.
We are going to help you use your new device with very easy tips. But first, you might be wondering what it can do. The device can do the following:
- Play Music
- Play radio stations
- Up-to-date news
- Make phone calls
- Tell time/weather
- Tell the best time to buy shares
- The list is endless
How to Use your New Alexa
Setting up your new device is very easy and straightforward especially if it is Amazon Echo or Echo Dot speakers, which are the most popular. Follow these easy steps
1. Download the Alexa app on your smartphone. It’s available on iOS/Android and of course, there’s a Fire OS version if you own one of Amazon’s own devices. Follow the on-screen instructions. You might be asked to speak several phrases to create a voice profile(Echo), in order for it to recognize your voice
2. Once you’re on the main app screen, tap “Devices” at the bottom, then the “+” symbol in the top-right corner to add a device. Tap “Add device.”
3. Add device stands for which of the Alexa devices are you using either Amazon Echo or Echo dot speaker. Choose your own.
4. Now plug in your device and sit back and wait. It will go through its cycle, displaying a spinning blue light before changing back to orange: This means it’s in pairing mode, so your Wi-Fi settings are in the Alexa app feed. You can opt for these to be stored and used by future speakers at set-up.
5. If you need to put your speaker back into pairing mode then just press the button on the top.
6. You’re now good to go – just say “Alexa” and look below for some cool things to ask.
Your new device is now ready to be used. Explore your device, ask it questions and see amazing technology features.
The trick you need to know is you don’t pay to use Alexa, it’s like your Bluetooth connection with your phone. Explore the app with your smartphone and see amazing and exciting features.
- What Does the Arrow Mean on iPhone
- How to Change Hotspot Name on iPhone
- How to Change Age on Tiktok if it is Incorrect
- Why is my Airpod Case not Charging: Here are the Reasons
FAQs on How to Use your New Alexa
Below are some frequently asked questions and answers for you:
1. What Tricks can I do with Alexa?
Cool Alexa Tricks to Try with Your Amazon Echo:
- Ask Alexa to Sing to You
- Ask Alexa to Tell You a Joke
- Learn a Prank From Alexa
- Ask Alexa About Shows and Movies Books
- Ask Alexa to Play a Game
- Ask Alexa to Be Creative
- Ask Alexa for Celebrity Voices
- Follow Alexa on TikTok
2. What are the Cool Features of Alexa?
Alexa can make to-do lists, set alarms, stream podcasts, play audiobooks, read PDFs, provide weather forecasts, warn you of traffic, answer trivia, control your smart home, and more. We’ve been living with various Echo devices and Alexa for many years, and we use them for a range of tasks.
3. What is the Secret Code?
It’s a legendary cheat code, which has been introduced to Alexa and Siri as an Easter egg. The ‘Super Mode’ doesn’t actually do anything, but instead is a whimsical tribute to the iconic video game cheat. The code to say is: “Alexa, Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start”, as revealed on TikTok.
4. What is Super Alexa Mode?
Super Alexa mode is activated with the famous Konami Code, also known as the Contra Code. It invokes a silly response that sometimes includes an obscure League of Legends reference. It’s an Easter egg rather than a practical feature.
5. Can Alexa Learn my Name?
To set up a voice profile as an Alexa user, you need to go to the Amazon Alexa app on your phone. Go to account settings, select Your Voice, and then select your profile name. Now, no longer will you have to say several phrases in order for Alexa to learn your voice — rather, she’ll do it automatically.
Checkout out other unique articles on our blog for more detailed information and do well to share with your friends and family. Follow us on our Twitter and Facebook to stay updated with premium information.