The Federal University of Lafia (FULafia), which enjoys international acclaim, was founded in February 2011 for the benefit of the general people. FULafia has provided access to a wide range of academic possibilities throughout its illustrious history.
Professor Shehu Abdul Rahman serves as vice-chancellor at the moment. Professor Ekanem Ikpi Braide served as the university’s first vice-chancellor.
243 students were enrolled at the Federal University of Lafia when classes first began in 2012; as of the 2018–2019 academic year, that number has risen to almost 5000.
About Federal University Lafia
As part of its main objective, Federal University Lafia has advanced training in the sciences, humanities, social sciences, agriculture, engineering, and medicine.
The University is putting together programs to aid in the development of the necessary skills in these areas that are important to the socio-economic growth of the State.
Graduates from the university must be able to create jobs and have a good impact on society by adjusting to the nation’s shifting labour markets.
Federal University Lafia Official Websites
FULafia’s Commencement of Academic Activities
New students that made up the first group of students trained by University Vice-Chancellor Prof. Ekanem Ikpi Braide started classes at the university in September 2012.
Currently, Major General Muhammadu Buhari, GCFR, the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, named Prof. Shehu Abdulrahaman as the third vice-chancellor of Federal University in Lafia (RTD).
After Prof. Muhammad Sanusi Liman’s tenure expires on February 11, 2021, the appointment becomes effective.
The institution was initially intended to be located along Jos Road in the Lafia Metropolitan Area and operate out of the College of Agriculture in Lafia’s facilities.
However, Obi Road outside of Lafia was chosen as the university’s new permanent location. The university has an intranet for its own use.
- UNIZIK Cut-off Mark
- Kwara State Poly Cut-off mark
- TASUED Cut-off Mark And Eligibility
- Departments Eligible for the NNPC/CHEVRON Scholarship
The philosophy of the Federal University of Lafia is anchored on its core values of academic quality, critical thinking, innovation, entrepreneurship, excellence, social responsibility, and sustained development.
Education has to be of the right quality and scope to impact positively on development. Research and community service shall address most challenges in the State and shall impact positively on the quality of life of the people.
FULafia’s Mission & Vission Statement
The vision of the Federal University Lafia is to be a renowned and respected centre of learning, research and innovation, constituting a centre point for positive socio-economic transformation of the region.
The mission of the Federal University Lafia is the training graduates and equip them with life and entrepreneurial skills needed for the economic development of the nation.
The motto of FULafia is Integrity, Innovation, and Excellence. the three keywords in this phrase constitute the guiding tenets of this pioneering model University.
Graduates from the University are expected not only to excel in their chosen fields of endeavour but also to imbibe a spirit of innovation and integrity.
The law establishing the Federal University Lafia has defined the following objectives for it. The objectives of the University are to:
1. Encourage the advancement of learning and hold out to all persons without distinction of race, grade, sex or political conviction the opportunity of acquiring higher and liberal education;
2. Provide courses of instruction and other facilities for the pursuit of learning in all its branches, and make those facilities available on proper terms to such persons as are equipped to benefit from them;
3. Encourage and promote scholarship and conduct research in restricted fields of learning and human endeavour;
4. Relate its activities to the social, cultural and economic needs of the people of Nigeria
5. Undertake any other activity appropriate for a university of the highest standard.
Faculties and Departments in Federal University Lafia
Presently, the university has more than three faculties and over twenty-six departments. This includes the following:
- Agric Economics and Extension
- Animal Science
- Aqua Culture
- Creative and Visual Arts
- Theatre and Media Arts (TMA)
- Computer Science
- Cyber Security
- Information System
- Information Technology
- Software Engineering
- Mathematics and Statistics
5. Social Sciences
- Mass Communication
- Political Science
New departments were created by the university and accredited by the National Universities Commission, NUC.
The new departments include Medicine and Surgery (MBBS), geography, philosophy, and Mass Communication among others.
- MAURID Polytechnic And Admission Requirements
- Osun State Universities And their School Fees
- 20 Top Colleges of Education in Nigeria
- Federal, State, And Private Universities In Lagos State
FULafia Cut off Mark 2023/2024
The current UTME Cut off Mark for FULafia is 170. The Federal University, Lafia, Nasarawa is inviting candidates who made FULAFIA their first choice in the recently concluded UTME for admission into their department of choice.
FULAFIA also has supplementary forms for candidates who did not meet the minimum cut-off point for their department.
Candidates are expected to have at least 5 Credits in their WASSCE or NECO Result in addition to scoring at least 170 in the UTME.
That is the current cut-off mark for all the departments in FULAFIA. Candidates who wish to apply for admission to University should read about FULAFIA Post UTME and also visit FULAFIA Portal.
Frequently Asked Questions
Below are some frequently asked questions about FULafia’s with answers for you:
1. What is the Cut-Off Mark for the Federal University of Lafia?
The current UTME Cut off Mark for FULafia is 170. The University is inviting candidates who made FULAFIA their first choice in the recently concluded UTME for admission into their department of choice.
2. What are the Courses Offered at Federal University Lafia?
List of courses offered by FULAFIA:
- History and International Studies.
- Theatre and Media Arts.
- Visual and Creative Arts.
- Arabic Studies.
- Christian Religious Studies.
- Islamic Studies.
3. Is FULafia accredited?
The Federal University, Lafia (FULafia) is a Nigerian university and is located in Lafia, Nasarawa State. FULafia has been officially accredited and/or recognized by the National Universities Commission (NUC), Nigeria.
4. How can I Get Admission to FULafia ?
FULafia undergraduate portal admission checker:
- Locate Admission Checker Portal or Menu.
- Follow the Screen Guidelines.
- Using Your JAMB Registration Number.
- Finally, Check if you have been offered ADMISSION or NOT.
5. Does Federal University Lafia write Post UTME?
Will FULAFIA write post UTME this year? NO! The Federal University of Lafia will not conduct post UTME exams for 2022/2023 UTME and Direct Entry candidates who chose the school as their first choice of institution in the just concluded UTME.
Checkout out other unique articles on our blog for more detailed information and do well to share with your friends and family. Follow us on our Twitter and Facebook to stay updated with premium information.