List of Departments Eligible for the NNPC/CHEVRON Scholarship
Departments Eligible for the NNPC/CHEVRON Scholarship: Chevron is one of Nigeria’s leading oil exploration companies, and as part of their corporate responsibility to the country’s economic and community development, they have been awarding scholarships to competent Nigerian undergraduates and graduates.
About the NNPC/Chevron Scholarship
These scholarships are usually carried out in collaboration with the Nigerian National Petroleum Council, one of their many joint venture partners.
They are active in several activities that help to drive the health/medical, economic, and educational sectors of the economy, in addition to granting scholarships.
The Scholarship program is provided once a year, and the amounts to be awarded to selected candidates are also disclosed via their press releases, website, and other media they use.
Courses & Departments Eligible for the NNPC/CHEVRON Scholarship
Nigerian and international students who are currently studying full-time in any of the accreditated Nigerian Universities and are currently in their 200 level or second year of their studies are qualified to apply.
Below is the list of departments or courses that are enabled for scholarships by the NNPC/Chevron scholarship body:
- Environmental Studies/Surveying
- Agricultural Science
- Business Administration/Economics
- Computer Science
- Mass Communication/Journalism
Eligibility Criteria and Requirements
Applicants for the NNPC/Chevron scholarship must:
1. In a 5-grade system, have a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.5.
2. Obtain at least six O-level credits in a single sitting.
Additionally, visually impaired students in their second year of study are offered a chance provided they meet the following criteria:
- Have a minimum CGPA of 2.5 on a 5-point scale
- Obtain at least five O-level credits in a single sitting.
Courses and Departments Eligible for the Scholarship
1. All applicants must have been accepted full-time into a Nigerian tertiary institution.
2. All applicants must be in their SECOND YEAR (i.e., accepted during the 2019/2020 academic session or before).
3. To verify the validity of their claims, all applicants must upload clear scanned copies of all documents.
4. The whole registration process is completely free of charge, don’t give money to anyone to assist you.
How to Apply
Follow the steps listed below to have a hassle-free application experience
Log on to https://www.ormngr.com/register
Click on the “Apply Now” tab, then the Register button
Create your account with your correct email and password
Go to your email box to activate your account
Login again with your registered email and password
Input your personal information and upload all the required documents
Review all your uploaded documents again to avoid errors
Click “submit” to submit information
You will receive a confirmation email that highlights your successful application.
- Questbridge Scholarship
- Gilman Scholarship Programme
- Graduate School Scholarships Programme
- International Scholarships for Women
Frequently Asked Questions
Below are some faqs on Departments Eligible for the NNPC/CHEVRON Scholarship:
1. How do you get a Chevron Scholarship?
An application for the Chevron scholarship should have the following:
- JAMB Admission letter stating your admission.
- A passport photograph.
- A school identity card.
- A result statement duly signed by the head of the department stating the last session CGPA.
- A sworn affidavit in the case of errors in names or age.
2. Is Chevron Scholarship Ongoing?
The Chevron scholarship for undergraduate students in Nigeria is currently ongoing.
3. What is Chevron Scholarship?
Chevron scholarships are awarded to American Indians, Alaska Natives, Native Hawaiians, First Nations, and other indigenous peoples of North America who are students in higher education.
4. How much is NNPC Scholarship?
N150,000 Per Academic.
5. How much is Seplat Scholarship?
What Does SEPLAT Scholarship Pay? If you can win this Scholarship, you will be awarded the sum of N150,000 yearly to cover your tuition fee and other school bills. This will continue throughout your undergraduate study period.
Checkout out other unique articles on our blog for more detailed information and do well to share with your friends and family. Follow us on our Twitter and Facebook to stay updated with premium information.