Federal Polytechnic Oko ranks very high among the most preferred institutions by candidates for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).
With this, you are guaranteed a good and quality education when you gain admission. Read on for more information.
The polytechnic is situated within Oko town in Orumba North Local Government of Anambra State.
The kernel of what eventually became the polytechnic was the brainchild of the Oko Progressive Union (OPU) greatly catalysed by the patronage, resourcefulness and result-oriented leadership of its pioneer chairman, a former Executive Vice President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Dr Alex Ekwueme.
What More to Know About the Polytechnic
The institution is strategically located and surrounded by several centres of industries, commerce and diverse local crafts such as Awka (well known for blacksmith/iron works), Nnewi (Industry and technological products) and Onitsha and Aba (reputed for Commerce and Industries).
The climatic condition of the host community, Ok ranges between 28 and 42 degrees centigrade. It is one of the fastest developing tertiary institutions in Nigeria with a high futuristic disposition.
It has a functional memorandum of understanding with different universities within and outside the country. The Polytechnic has three campuses.
- The main campus at Oko occupies a total land area of 89 hectares.
- Ufuma campus: This occupies a total land area of 52 hectares.
- Atani campus: This occupies a total area of 40 hectares.
Under-Graduates Admission: Programmes and Departments
Programmes and Department in the Polytechnic:
1. School of Engineering Technology
- Civil Engineering ND, HND, Programme
- Mechanical Engineering ND Programme
- Electrical Electronics Engineering ND, HND, programme
- Agricultural Engineering ND, HND,
- Computer Engineering ND, HND,
- Agricultural Technology ND, HND,
2. School of Environmental Design and Technology
- Architecture ND, HND
- Building Technology ND, HND
- Estate Management ND, HND
- Urban and Regional Planning ND, HND
- Quantity Surveying ND, HND
- Surveying and Geoinformatics ND, HND
3. School of Applied Science and Technology
- Science Laboratory Technology ND, HND
- Home and Rural Economics ND
- Food Technology ND, HND
- Maths and Statistics ND Programme
- Hospitality Management and Tourism ND,
4. School of Arts, Design and Printing Technology
- Fashion Design & Clothing Technology ND, HND
- Printing Technology ND, HND
- Fine and Applied Arts ND, HND
5. School of Business Studies
- Business Administration & Management ND, HND, Weekend PROG.
- Public Administration ND, HND, Weekend Programme
- Office Technology and Management ND, HND, Weekend Programme
- Marketing ND, HND, Weekend Programme
6. School of Information Technology
- Mass Communication ND, HND, Weekend Programme
- Library and information science ND, HND, Weekend Programme
7. School of Financial Studies
- Banking and Finance ND, HND, Weekend Programme
- Accountancy Nd, HND, Weekend Programme
- Insurance ND, HND, Weekend Programme
8. School of General Studies
- Natural Science
- Social Science
Entry Requirements for Both ND and HND
Entry Requirements for National Diploma (Nd):
Candidates must possess:
1. The basic requirements for admission to the ND programmes of the course they wish to pursue at the Higher National Diploma level as contained in the NBTE revised entry requirements for ND programmes in Nigerian Polytechnics and Monotechnics.
2. Must possess at least five (5) credits in the O’level WAEC, NECO, or NABTEB including English Language and Mathematics at not more than two sittings
3. Evidence of a minimum of one (1) year post-ND cognate work experience.
4. In exceptional cases, ND diplomats with a pass (CG PA of 2.00 – 2.49) and industrial experience of not less than two (2) years in the specific field may be considered for admission into the HND programme.
- Kaduna Polytechnic Courses
- Ajayi Crowther University Courses
- Borno State University Courses and Admission
- Redeemers University Nigeria( RUN) Programmes
Entry Requirements for Higher National Diploma (HND)
Candidates must possess:
1. Applicants to the HND Programmes must possess at least five (5) credits in the O’level WAEC, NECO, or NABTEB including English Language and Mathematics at not more than two sittings
2. National Diploma, with a minimum of Lower Credit in the relevant programmes obtained from Federal Polytechnic, Oko or an equivalent institution accredited by the National Board for Technical Education.
3. Letter for completion of the Industrial Training (IT).
Method Of Application
1. Applicants are advised to generate an invoice from any business centre, make payments at the banks and proceed to any business centre or the Polytechnic’s MICT Unit for registration.
2. Applicants who are not ND graduates of Federal Polytechnic, Oko, are to apply to their institutions for forwarding their Academic Transcripts to the Registrar, quoting the Department the candidates are applying for. Applications from such applicants will not be processed until the transcripts are received.
FAQs About Federal Polytechnic Oko
Below are some frequently asked questions for you:
1. How much is the Fed Polytechnic Oko school fees?
Every new student will pay an N15,150.00 acceptance fee.
Every student living in the hostel will separately pay an N10,000.00 hostel upkeep fee.
All students will pay a National Health Insurance Premium of N1, 600.00 to the Medical Centre.
2. What Courses do Federal Polytechnic, Oko offer?
List of Diploma Courses Offered in Federal Polytechnic, Oko:
- Agricultural Engineering / Technology.
- Architectural Technology.
- Art and Design.
- Banking and Finance.
- Building Technology.
- Business Administration and Management.
- Civil Engineering Technology.
3. When Does Oko Federal Polytechnic resume?
OKOPOLY management said students are to resume for the 2023/24 session from Monday, August 30th 2023. All students and teaching staff are expected to resume with immediate effect.
4. Does Oko Poly Write Post UTME?
The federal polytechnic Oko accept both first and second-choice candidates, you are free to come for the post-UTME screening exercise as long as you chose the institution as your choice. Another thing is that your JAMB score has to be above 120.
5. What is Federal Polytechnic, Oko’s Cut-off Mark?
To be eligible to participate in the Oko Poly Post UTME screening exercise, you must have scored 120 and above in the last Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).
Checkout out other unique articles on our blog for more detailed information and do well to share with your friends and family.