Securing the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships is a straightforward process. Simply follow the instructions provided as you continue reading.
Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program provides financial support to outstanding postdoctoral candidates, both from within the country and internationally, who have the potential to make significant contributions to the nation’s economic, social, and research progress.
The fellowship award amounts to $70,000 annually for a duration of two years, with funding equally distributed from the CIHR, NSERC, and SSHRC agencies. It’s important to note that this grant does not cover research expenses.
Information and application details for the Fall 2023 Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships (Banting PDF) program are now available online.
- AHA Postdoctoral Fellowship Program 2024
- Mellon Mays Undergraduate Fellowship Programme
- Ford Foundation Predoctoral Fellowship Programme
- Matthew Isakowitz Fellowship Program
- Marie Curie Fellowships Program
Objective of the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships
The primary aim of the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program is to achieve the following objectives:
1. Attract and retain exceptional postdoctoral talent from both domestic and international sources.
2. Nurture their leadership potential.
3. Prepare them for future success as leaders in the research field.
What distinguishes the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship program is its strong emphasis on the interaction between two critical elements:
4. The applicant, considering their individual qualifications and potential for a successful, research-focused career.
5. The host institution, must demonstrate commitment to the research program and alignment with the institution’s strategic goals.
6. Applicants for the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program are required to collaborate closely with the proposed host institution when completing their application.
- Canadian citizens
- Permanent residents of Canada
- Foreign citizens
2. Research Areas
- Health Research
- Natural sciences and/or engineering
- Social sciences and/or humanities
The deadline for submitting applications for institutional review varies by faculty. Please consult your Faculty Contact for specific details.
The final submission deadline on ResearchNet for applicants recommended by institutions is 8:00 PM EDT on September 20, 2023.
Funding decision results will be announced in mid-February 2024.
- Advance Queensland Fellowship Program 2023 Application Details
- Brooke Owens Fellowship Program(Application Details)
- Hubert Humphrey Fellowships in the USA for International Students
- Association for Women in Science (AWIS) Graduate Fellowships
- AAUW International Fellowships in USA for Women
Check out other unique articles on our blog for more detailed information and do well to share with your friends and family. Follow us on our Twitter and Facebook to stay updated with premium information.