If you are a candidate seeking WAEC Metal Work Questions and Answers for 2023, you have arrived at the right place as we will break them down for you. We will go further to show you how WAEC Metal Work questions are set and the best way to answer for full marks.
The West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) is organized by WAEC in West African countries. The exam boasts millions of candidates each year due to its importance and over 15 subjects are sat for in the exams including Metal Work. That being said, let’s go through the questions and answers for the subject at hand.
WAEC Metal Work Questions and Answers 2022/2023
There will be three papers, Papers 1, 2, and 3, all of which must be taken. Papers 1 and 2 will be a composite paper to be taken at one sitting.
Paper 1: Will consist of forty multiple-choice objective questions all of which must be
answered within 1 hour for 40 marks.
Paper 2: Will consist of five essay-type questions. Candidates will be required to answer four questions within 1 hour 30 minutes for a total of 60 marks.
Paper 3: Will consist of two practical works, one of which must be carried out by candidates within 3 hours for 100 marks. Candidates shall be allowed 10 minutes, prior to the commencement of the test to study the drawings.
They will be required to make a test piece for which the appropriate drawings will be supplied. Schools will be required to supply materials needed for the test of their candidates.
Paper 1 – Objectives
1. Which of the following should be worn when pouring molten metal?
2. Which of the following materials is suitable for forging?
A. Cast iron
C. Mild Steel
3. The tool labeled Xis knew as
A. Creasing iron.
B. Bick iron.
C. Funnel stake.
D. Hatchet stake.
4. The operation is carried out on workpiece Y is called
5. The sand used for making molds is
A. Dry sand.
B. Facing sand.
C. Green sand.
D. Parting sand.
6. The statement that defines the requirements of an artifact is referred to as
7. The operation performed using the tailstock is
C. Parting off.
D. Screw cutting.
8. The micrometer reading indicated in the figure is
A. 10.02 mm.
B. 10.15 mm.
C. 10.20 mm.
D. 10.67 mm.
9. Which of the following materials will require carburizing during heat treatment?
A. High carbon steel
B. High-speed steel
C. Mild steel
D. Cast iron
- WAEC Book Keeping Questions and Answers
- WAEC Computer Science Questions and Answers
- WAEC Physical Education Questions and Answers
- WAEC Clothing Textile Questions and Answers
- WAEC Music Questions and Answers
- WAEC Physics Questions and Answers
Paper 2 – Theory
1. (a) State one use of the following parts of the center lathe.
(ii) Tool post
(b) Sketch the parting off tool.
(c) State two safety precautions to be observed when operating the center lathe.
DISCLAIMER! These are not real WAEC GCE Book Keeping questions but likely repeated questions over the years to help candidates understand the nature of their examinations. Ensure to take note of every question provided on this page.
Checkout out other unique articles on our blog for more detailed information and do well to share with your friends and family. Follow us on our Twitter and Facebook to stay updated with premium information.