If you are a candidate seeking WAEC Computer Science Questions and Answers for 2023, you have arrived at the right place as we will break them down for you. We will go further to show you how WAEC Computer Science questions are set and the best way to answer for full marks.
The West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) is organized by WAEC in West African countries. The exam boasts millions of candidates each year due to its importance and over 15 subjects are sat for in the exams including Computer Science. That being said, let’s go through the questions and answers for the subject at hand.
WAEC Computer Science Questions and Answers 2022/2023
Section – A (Objectives)
1. The transaction file can also be described as _______
A. Reference file
B. Movement file
C. Master File
D. Historical file
Correct Answer: B (Movement File)
2. Which of the following ideals is protected by copyright?
C. Expression of ideas
Correct Answer: C (Expression Of Ideas)
3. Data created by the user is called
A. primary data
B. secondary data
C. quantitative data
Correct Answer: A (Primary Data)
4. A computer is best defined as a/an
(a) a machine that is capable of carrying out enormous tasks.
(b) a machine that performs routine calculations.
(c) an electronic device that processes data.
(d) an electronic device that has a monitor.
5. Which of the following are constituents of a computer system?
(a) Input and output units
(b) Hardware and software
(c) Softcopy and hardcopy
(d) Data and information
6. The acronym CPU stands for
(a) Central Programming Unit.
(b) Central Processing Unit.
(c) Computer Processing Unit.
(d) Computer Programming Unit.
7. Which of the following is not a method of creating information?
(a) Information gathering
(b) Information analysis
(c) Information theory
(d) Information processing
8. Which of the following is a transducer?
(d) MS Windows
- WAEC Auto Mechanical Questions and Answers
- WAEC Furniture Making Questions and Answers
- WAEC Electronics Questions and Answers
- WAEC Insurance Questions and Answers
- WAEC Marketing Questions and Answers
- WAEC Book Keeping Questions and Answers
Paper 2 (Essay)
1.(a)(i) Define an integrated package.
(ii) Give two examples of an integrated package.
(b)(i) Explain the term word processing program.
(ii) State four steps employed in saving a new document in MS Word.
(c) State the column and row numbers of a spreadsheet cell as addressed as BB25?
(d) Explain the following terms as used in MS-ACCESS:
(e) List two examples of a presentation package
(i) graphic package.
(2) Using BASIC programming language,
(a) compute the square root of numbers from 10 to 50 step 5;
(b) if X = a + b +
3. write BASIC statements demonstrating the following in-built
(i) ABS (X);
(ii) SQR (X);
(iii) COS (X);
(iv) EXP (X);
(v) V = SQR (X) + COS (X) + EXP (X) – ABS (X).
DISCLAIMER! These are not real WAEC GCE Computer Science questions but likely repeated questions over the years to help candidates understand the nature of their examinations. Ensure to take note of every question provided on this page.
Checkout out other unique articles on our blog for more detailed information and do well to share with your friends and family. Follow us on our Twitter and Facebook to stay updated with premium information.