Many individuals are also searching for WAEC Physical Education questions and answers 2023, WAEC Physical Education theory and Objectives answer, and correct WAEC Physical Education essay answers online. Remain focused and adhere to the advice we have provided you with regarding the Exam.
But before we get into the specifics, here are the WAEC 2022 Physical Education questions and answers.
The West African Examinations are shrouded in mystery. The answers to the WAEC Physical Education Exams are relatively common, but how confident are you in them? Here, we’ll give you advice on the 2022 Physical Education SSCE exam questions and answers.
WAEC Physical Education Questions and Answers
There will be three papers, Papers 1, 2, and 3 all of which must be taken. Papers 1 and 2 shall be combined in a composite paper and will be taken in one sitting.
PAPER 1: This will consist of fifty multiple-choice questions lasting 50 minutes and carrying 50 marks.
PAPER 2: This will consist of four sections – Sections A, B, C, and D which will cover questions on the following aspects of the syllabus:
- Section A: Athletics, balls, and racket games
- Section B: Foundation of physical education
- Section C: Basic human anatomy and physiology in physical education
- Section D: Sports administration and competitions
Section A will comprise three short essay questions out of which candidates will be required to answer two for 20 marks. Sections B, C, and D will consist of two short essay questions each.
Candidates will be required to answer one question carrying 10 marks from each of those sections.
The paper will last 1 hour and 20 minutes and carry a total of 50 marks.
PAPER 3: This will also consist of four sections: Sections, A, B, C, and D, covering the following events:
- Section A: Athletics (Track and Field events)
- Section B: Ball games
- Section C: Racket games
- Section D: Gymnastics
There will be three questions in Section A out of which candidates will be required to answer two. Each question in the section shall carry 25 marks. In each of Sections B, C, and D, there will be two questions out of which candidates will answer one (from each section).
Each question in Sections B and C will carry 20 marks while those in Section D will carry 10 marks each. A maximum of 120 seconds (2 minutes) will be allowed for a candidate to respond to a call for performance during the practical examination.
Sample Questions Paper 1 (Objective)
1. Which of the following sequence is a correct administrative structure in a typical state sports council?
(A) Chairman sports director assistant director organizing secretaries’ coaches
(B) Chairman assistant director sports director coaches organizing secretaries
(C) Chairman sports director assistant director coaches organizing secretaries
(D) Chairman assistant director coaches organizing secretary sports director
2. A State Sports Council is preparing athletes for the National Sports Festival. The Officer who processes personal data, and allowances and makes arrangements for equipment and accommodation of the athletes is likely to be the;
(A) Assistant Director.
(B) Confidential Secretary.
(C) Organizing Secretary.
- WAEC Commerce Questions and Answers Objective
- WAEC Economics Questions and Answers
- WAEC biology syllabus
- WAEC Timetable
3. The person in charge of training athletes before an international competition is the
(A) Sports secretary
(B) Sports master
4. The head of all coaches in a Sports Council is the
(C) Chief track judge
(D) Chief coach
5. Which of the following sports administration bodies controls the school sports commission?
(A) National Sports Commission
(B) Sport Council
(C) State government
(D) Local government
6. The functions of the Sports Council include
(A) Providing funds for athletes for international competitions.
(B) Testing athletes for drug use before the competition.
(C) Training athletes for international competitions.
(D) Disqualifying athletes for violating the rules of competition
The diagram below illustrates equipment in athletics. Study it and use it to answer Questions 7, 8, and 9.
7. The illustrated diagram represents
(A) starting block.
(B) vaulting box.
(C) take-off board.
(D) stop board.
8. Which of the following events is the equipment used for?
9. The main function of the equipment is to:
(A) Increase speed during performance
(B) Enhance the performance of an athlete.
(C) Prevent slipping off of an athlete.
(D) Place the athlete correctly on the lane.
- WAEC CRK Questions and Answers
- WAEC Geography Questions and Answers
- How to Check WAEC Result Online with Phone
- WAEC CRK Questions and Answers
Paper 2 (Short Essay)
1. State four functions of the coach in the State Sports Council.
2. Mention three officials in a typical ball game and state two functions of each.
3. Draw a simple diagram/organogram to illustrate the administrative structure of a typical sports council.
Paper 3 (Performance)
1. Study the diagrams below carefully and use them to answer the questions that follow;
(A)(i) Name the athletic event for which the facility illustrated above is used.
(ii) Name the parts labeled I, II, III, and IV
(B) (i) Mention three officials that should be present during the use of the facility illustrated
(ii) Mention the two pieces of equipment used to indicate valid and invalid attempts during the use of the facility.
DISCLAIMER! These are not real WAEC physical questions but likely repeated questions over the years to help candidates understand the nature of their examinations. Ensure to take note of every question provided on this page.
Checkout out other unique articles on our blog for more detailed information and do well to share with your friends and family. Follow us on our Twitter and Facebook to stay updated with premium information.