Think for yourself scholarship organized by Let Grow is for high school students, this scholarship is an essay contest with an award of $8,000 in college. Be a part of this scholarship by getting to know the right information about this scholarship in this article.
About Think for Yourself Scholarship
Since launching in 2018 they have received over 25,000 entries and awarded $40,000 in college scholarships.
Every year, Let Grow asks high school students to think about the importance of free speech, curiosity, and open-mindedness in their everyday lives.
They award a $5,000 scholarship to the Grand Prize Winner, and $1,000 each to three Runners-Up.
Think for Yourself Scholarship Essay Questions
To be a part of the scholarship students submit 600-800 word essays about their personal experiences with these ideas:
Note; like real-life stories of growth and change.
1. Write about a time you could have taken offense at what someone said about you or an important issue, but decided not to. Why did you decide that, and what did you learn from the experience? (Offense)
2. Some say teens and even young adults in college should be shielded from controversial books, ideas, or speakers. Do you agree? Why or why not? If yes, who would you let decide what you could be exposed to? (Books)
3. How has social media impacted your willingness to be authentic, share your true thoughts, learn about other people’s ideas, and/or engage seriously with them? Please give us one or more examples. (Social Media)
4. Write about a time someone changed your mind about an idea or belief you strongly held. How did this change happen and what did you learn from the process? Is there anything you’ll do differently from now on? (Belief)
5. Write about a time you didn’t speak up or almost didn’t for fear your idea or viewpoint might be unpopular. Was this the right decision and would you do the same thing again? (Speak Up)
Think for Yourself Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
1. Open to legal US residents 15 years and older
2. Must be a current high school student
3. Must plan to enroll in college, university, or trade school by Fall 2026.
- Arts for Life Scholarship Programme for Artist
- Tim Hortons Scholarship Program
- Louise McKinney Scholarship for Post-secondary Student
- Ankin Law Office Scholarship for Military Veterans
How to Apply
Currently, the submission window is closed and all entries have been turned over to the judges. Kindly bookmark this page for subsequent updates.
For those who applied before the deadline, patiently wait because winners will be contacted by email In August.
Four(4) Winners will be selected, in summary:
1 (One) grand prize: $5,000
3 (Three) Prizes of $1,000 each
How do I Write a Letter of Scholarship About Myself?
Writing your scholarship application essay is made easy with the few tips below:
1. Plan ahead
- Don’t procrastinate!
- Give yourself plenty of time to review and edit your essay
- Be aware of the deadline date (i.e.: received vs. postmark)
2. Talk about your accomplishments
- Be clear and to the point
- Don’t brag or over-sell yourself
3. State your need
- What is your financial situation?
- Do you work?
- Do you receive support from your family?
- Do you receive financial aid?
4. Keep it simple
- Don’t use unnecessary words (i.e., don’t use three words when one will do)
- Don’t include unnecessary information just to “fill the page”
5. Make it easy on your reader
- Have someone else read your essay for clarity
- Write complete sentences and paragraphs
- Spell check your essay – make sure words are used correctly (e.g.,: “two,” “to,” “too;” or “there,” “their,” or “they’re;” “its” or “it’s,” etc.)
6. Organize Your Thoughts
- Who are you?
- Why are you who you are?
- What are you doing?
- What have you done?
- Where are you now?
- Where are you going?
- How are you going to get there?
- Why do you need a scholarship?
- How will it make a difference?
- How did you make the decision to continue your education?
Checkout out other unique articles on our blog for more detailed information and do well to share with your friends and family. Follow us on our Twitter and Facebook to stay updated with premium information.