The Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships for foreign students have served as valuable financial support for numerous individuals. You can access this assistance by acquiring the necessary information. This is precisely what we offer, and you will discover it as you read further.
Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships for Foreign Students
The Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships for the year 2024 are an integral part of Switzerland’s global approach to education, research, and innovation.
These global scholarships are accessible to students pursuing master’s, PhD, and Post-Doc programs worldwide.
It’s important to highlight that the research grant is specifically aimed at motivated PhD and Post-Doc students with artistic talents.
Conversely, the international Swiss Government Scholarship is exclusively tailored for those pursuing master’s degrees.
Hence, individuals characterized by their curiosity, innovative thinking, open-mindedness, and passion for cultural exchange should seize the opportunity to apply for this highly competitive scholarship.
- Ch Muhammad Koya Scholarship Program
- Moma Scholarship Program
- Nabanna Scholarship Program
- Central Sector Scholarship Program
- HDFC Bank Scholarship
Types of Scholarships
The scholarship provides two distinct program options.
1. Research Scholarships
Candidates possess the freedom to seek enrollment in diverse fields under this initiative.
Research scholars are provided the chance to undertake studies at any of Switzerland’s cantonal universities, applied sciences universities, two federal institutes of technology, and four research institutes.
2. Art Scholarships
Scholarships focused on the field of arts are designed for individuals aiming to enroll in a master’s program.
This category has limitations on eligible nations. Beneficiaries of art scholarships have the opportunity to pursue their studies at any Swiss conservatory or University of the Arts.
Duration of Scholarship
|Research Scholarship in Switzerland
|PhD Scholarship in Switzerland
|12 to 36 months
Benefits of the Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships
1. There is no processing fee for applications.
2. Students engaged in master’s, PhD, and Postdoctoral studies will be granted a monthly stipend.
3. For additional information about financial support, kindly consult the official website.
1. Meeting the criteria for this scholarship involves acquiring an endorsement letter from a professor at a Swiss university. Therefore, grasping the procedure to secure such a letter is crucial.
2. For those applying for PhD and Post-doc programs, possessing a master’s degree equivalent to a Swiss master’s degree is a prerequisite.
Similarly, for master’s degree applications, holding a bachelor’s degree that aligns with a Swiss bachelor’s degree is obligatory.
3. Eligible candidates should hold citizenship in a country that maintains diplomatic relations with Switzerland. They should be prepared to relocate to Switzerland for the duration of their studies.
4. Individuals who have resided in Switzerland for more than a year are not eligible to apply, and those who have previously received any other form of Swiss Government grant are also disqualified.
How to Apply
1. Applicants are mandated to submit distinct applications for PhD, Post-Doc, or master’s programs at Swiss universities, as well as for the Federal Commission of Scholarships for Foreign Students (FCS).
2. Candidates are required to provide an all-inclusive profile alongside their research project or artistic endeavor.
3. Individuals must autonomously identify a supervisor from their preferred Swiss university.
4. It is recommended that the research focus of the selected professors corresponds with the applicant’s field of study.
5. Initiate direct communication with the chosen professor and express your interest in the Swiss Government scholarship.
6. For those applying in the field of Arts, it is imperative to initially ascertain the eligibility of their country.
7. All documents must be presented in the English language.
8. The application package can be acquired through the Embassy of Switzerland.
1. Provide two sets of documents: one original and one duplicate.
3. The second set should mirror the first set, excluding the recommendation letters.
4. Include a typed and printed FCS form with a photograph.
5. Attach a concise CV.
6. Enclose a letter of motivation.
7. Prepare a research plan of up to 5 pages (signed), utilizing the FCS form.
The application deadline varies based on the country. The results of the Swiss scholarship will be revealed by the end of May 2024.
- LIC Scholarship
- PFMS Scholarship
- GKS Scholarship Program
- Haryana Scholarship Programme
- Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship Program for Women
Check out other unique articles on our blog for more detailed information and do well to share with your friends and family. Follow us on our Twitter and Facebook to stay updated with premium information.