You can be part of the ICCR Scholarship family if you so wish. All that is required of you is to have the advantage of information and that is what we present to you as you read through.
About ICCR Scholarship
During the inaugural plenary of the India, Africa Forum Summit in New Delhi in April 2008, the Hon’ble Prime Minister of India unveiled a Government initiative to expand academic opportunities for students from African countries in India.
The plan involved increasing the number of scholarships available to them for pursuing undergraduate, postgraduate, and higher education courses.
Through the Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR), the Government of India is providing up to 900 scholarships to African students, enabling them to pursue undergraduate, postgraduate, and higher education programs at various Institutions and Universities in India.
- LIC Scholarship
- PFMS Scholarship
- GKS Scholarship Program
- Haryana Scholarship Programme
- Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship Program for Women
Eligibility and Criteria
1. Students applying for doctoral/post-doctoral courses should provide a synopsis of their proposed research area.
2. Applicants interested in studying performing arts are encouraged to include video/audio cassettes of their recorded performances if possible.
3. Candidates must possess sufficient proficiency in the English language.
4. Applications directly sent by students to ICCR or through local Embassies/High Commissions in New Delhi will not be considered.
5. Priority will be given to students who have not previously studied in India.
6. Admission to courses in MBBS/MD or Dentistry/Nursing will not be accepted.
7. Applicants should be aware that Indian universities/educational institutions have their own eligibility criteria that must be fulfilled.
Additionally, acceptance of an application by the University does not guarantee admission. A scholarship is granted only when ICCR confirms admission.
8. Students must acquire the appropriate visa, and it is essential to obtain the correct visa from the Indian Embassy/High Commission.
If a scholar arrives without the proper visa and fails to secure admission at the University/Institute, they will be deported to their home country as per Government of India guidelines.
9. Before traveling to India, scholars should seek a comprehensive briefing from the Indian Diplomatic Mission in their country about living conditions in India, details of the scholarship, and the type and duration of the course they have been admitted to.
Scholars should inform the Indian Embassy/High Commission about their travel plans well in advance to facilitate reception and other arrangements by ICCR.
10. Scholars are advised to carry some money with them to cover incidental expenses upon arrival in India.
11. Scholars awarded scholarships should bring all original documents related to their qualifications for verification by the respective college/university at the time of admission.
Under this Scheme, the Council offers 900 scholarships to the following African countries:
- Burkina Faso
- Central African Republic
- Cape Verde
- Cote d’Ivoire
- Congo (Republic of)
- Democratic Republic of Congo
- Equatorial Guinea
- Eritrea (concurrent from Nairobi)
- South Africa
- South Sudan (Republic of)
- Sierra Leone
- Sao Tame & Principe
How to Apply
1. Before filling out the application form, it is essential to carefully go through the provided instructions.
2. Additionally, please thoroughly read and understand the financial terms and conditions.
3. Detailed guidelines for applying for ICCR Scholarships online through the A2A Portal, along with the corresponding procedures and regulations, can be found at www.a2ascholarships.iccr.gov.in.
4. Students are required to read the instructions and apply through the mentioned website; there is no need to submit a hard copy of the application form to the Mission.
For further details, visit the Scholarship webpage.
Application Deadline: This scholarship is annually and it varies but generally ends on 30th April 2023
- Ch Muhammad Koya Scholarship Program
- Moma Scholarship Program
- Nabanna Scholarship Program
- Central Sector Scholarship Program
- HDFC Bank Scholarship: Empowering Dreams through Education
Check out other unique articles on our blog for more detailed information and do well to share with your friends and family. Follow us on our Twitter and Facebook to stay updated with premium information.