You can stand an opportunity to land the Labour Card scholarship. However, you have to go through this article, which has the necessary information that you will need and that is very important with respect to this scholarship.
Labour Card Scholarship
The Labor Card Scholarship is a recently launched initiative designed to offer financial assistance to outstanding students from families of blue-collar workers in the UAE.
This scholarship exemplifies the UAE government’s dedication to promoting education and ensuring equal opportunities for all citizens.
It is specifically aimed at individuals with great intellectual potential who are hindered from pursuing higher education due to financial constraints.
The scholarship will cover tuition fees, textbooks, and other related expenses throughout the student’s academic journey, fostering a generation of well-educated professionals who will play a vital role in the growth and progress of the UAE.
- LIC Scholarship
- PFMS Scholarship
- GKS Scholarship Program
- Haryana Scholarship Programme
- Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship Program for Women
Objectives of the Labour Card Scholarship
The primary goal of this Scholarship is to offer financial aid to qualifying children of registered unorganized sector workers, enabling them to pursue their education without imposing a heavy financial strain on their families.
By doing so, the scholarship aims to motivate these students to continue their educational journey. Its broader objective is to ensure that all children, irrespective of their socio-economic background, have the opportunity to receive a high-quality education and unlock their full potential.
Additionally, the scholarship program seeks to empower unorganized sector workers by providing a sense of security and welfare for their families, thus contributing to their overall well-being and prosperity.
Features of the Labour Card Scholarship
1. To qualify for this scholarship, the student must belong to a family with a valid labour card, and their annual family income must not exceed a specified limit.
2. The Labour Card Scholarship program offers financial assistance to eligible students, covering various educational expenses such as tuition, textbooks, transportation, and other related fees.
3. This scholarship is open to students at all educational levels, ranging from primary school to university.
4. Selection of recipients is based on merit, taking into account their academic performance, involvement in extracurricular activities, and other relevant factors.
5. The scholarship is renewable each year, contingent upon the student’s academic achievements and other considerations.
6. As part of its support system, this Scholarship endeavors to create a nurturing environment for students by offering mentorship and career guidance programs, aiding them in achieving their academic and professional aspirations.
Furthermore, the program actively engages in outreach initiatives to raise awareness about the scholarship, encouraging more deserving students to apply and avail themselves of this beneficial opportunity.
To be eligible for this award, the candidate must fulfill the following requirements:
1. The candidate’s parents must be employed full-time in the Beedi, Iron Ore Manganese & Chrome Mines, Limestone & Dolomite Mines, or Cine industries, with a minimum of six months of employment. Contract/Ghar Khata (Home Based) workers are also included in this category.
2. The total monthly income of the worker’s family from all sources should not exceed 10,000.
3. Additionally, each child of the same worker must have their own bank account number.
4. The applicant must have excelled in the most recent qualifying test on their first attempt. However, students who have progressed to the next class are also eligible to apply for scholarships.
5. Scholars enrolled in correspondence courses are not eligible for this award.
6. The educational institution attended by the scholar must be accredited or recognized by the government.
7. The scholar must have a personal checking account. In the case of a joint account, the scholar’s first name must be used.
To apply for this scholarship, the applicant must provide the following documents:
1. A photocopy of the employee’s identification card (Form B Register Number for mineworkers).
2. A copy of the front page of a canceled check or bank passbook, containing details of the account beneficiary or holder.
3. Passing Certificate or Grade Report from the previous academic year.
4. Income Certificate issued by the Revenue Authority.
Benefits of the Labour Card Scholarship
1. The scholarship program offers financial aid to laborers and their families, alleviating the financial burden of educational expenses.
2. Its primary objective is to ensure that deserving students have access to high-quality education regardless of their financial circumstances.
3. The program empowers laborers by encouraging them to pursue higher education, recognizing the transformative power of education in enhancing lives and opening doors to personal growth and career advancement.
4. This scholarship enables laborers and their families to attend reputable educational institutions by removing financial barriers that could otherwise hinder them from enrolling in esteemed schools, colleges, or universities.
5. It goes beyond supporting traditional academic pursuits, also emphasizing the importance of vocational and technical education to equip individuals with valuable skills highly sought after in the job market.
By promoting education and skill development, the scholarship enhances the employability of laborers and their family members, providing them with the knowledge and capabilities necessary to access better employment opportunities and improve their socioeconomic status.
Moreover, by offering equal educational opportunities to laborers from underprivileged backgrounds, the scholarship program contributes to reducing economic inequality, ensuring that talented individuals have an equal chance to excel academically and achieve success in their chosen fields.
Services Available Under Labour Card Scholarship
1. Health Services
5. Welfare Schemes
How to Apply
To apply for the scholarship, follow these simple steps:
1. Visit the official website of the national scholarship portal.
2. The homepage will appear on your screen.
3. Choose the “New Registration” option.
4. Follow the displayed instructions.
5. Check the required statement.
6. Click on “Continue” in the menu.
7. Fill in all the necessary information, including your name, birth date, phone number, gender, email address, bank details, etc.
8. Enter the captcha code.
9. Select “Register” from the menu.
10. Login with your provided credentials.
11. Choose “Application Form” from the options.
12. The application form will be displayed on your screen.
13. Fill in details such as the student’s state of residence, name, date of birth, community or category, father’s name, Aadhaar card number, mobile number, scholarship category, gender, religion, mother’s name, annual family income, email address, etc.
14. Click on “Save & Continue.”
15. Submit the necessary documents online.
16. Click on “Final Submission.”
17. Your application form will be successfully submitted.
If you have any technical inquiries, please reach out to the Helpdesk via email at the helpdesk or call 0120 – 6619540 (available from 8 AM to 8 PM every day, except holidays).
The deadline for applying to the Labour Card Scholarship may vary, depending on the state government’s policies and guidelines as announced on the official website.
Typically, the application process for the Scholarship Program commences in July/August and concludes by October/November of each academic year.
- Ch Muhammad Koya Scholarship Program
- Moma Scholarship Program
- Nabanna Scholarship Program
- Central Sector Scholarship Program
- HDFC Bank Scholarship: Empowering Dreams through Education
Check out other unique articles on our blog for more detailed information and do well to share with your friends and family. Follow us on our Twitter and Facebook to stay updated with premium information.