How to Change Group Name on Facebook: Are you a Facebook user and you are part of a Facebook group and you want to change the name of the group to suit its purpose or perhaps you don’t feel comfortable with its former name? You are in the right place, let’s show you easy steps on how to change your group’s name on Facebook
Did you know that more than 1 billion people are using Facebook groups around the globe? Over 100 million of them see Facebook groups as an important part of their experience on the platform.
Facebook groups have such an astounding ability to create engagement and attraction, therefore, you should know all about them. You can learn how to change group names on Facebook with this article.
You can form groups on Facebook to stay in touch with your community. Facebook groups give you a chance to connect with like-minded people and allow you to create a sense of community.
This article is going to focus on one aspect of Facebook groups which would be the group’s name. We will talk about how to change group names on Facebook in different settings.
But before that, let’s see who is capable of changing a group’s name on Facebook.
Who Can Change a Group’s Name on Facebook?
If you’ve created a Facebook group, or another person has made you an admin of their group, you are able to change that group’s name.
While Facebook has some restrictions, for the most part, you can call a group whatever you want, so long as the name doesn’t violate Facebook’s Community Standards.
As an administrator, you will have the liberty to alter the group’s name as you like as long as the name complies with Facebook standards.
Why Would You Change Your Group’s Name on Facebook
You must have a myriad of reasons why you would want to change your group’s name. As an admin, the group is under your authority and you can change the name as pleases you.
But note if you have a huge number of members it will be unwise to keep changing the group’s name as this might reduce your member’s confidence in you especially if you use it for marketing and other important purposes.
Here are better reasons why you would want to change the name of your Facebook group
- You want to change the group’s URL; The most common reason for changing a group name would be to get rid of its original URL. If you are a new group, you would want people to be able to find your group by simple search terms instead of long URLs.
- The culture of your audience has changed paths; A few years down the lane your group will no longer be the new one. The discussions will grow and so will your audience’s purview. At times topics can become repetitive and deviate from your purpose.
That said, let’s see different steps you can follow on how to change a group name on Facebook
- How to Make Money On Facebook
- Target Gift Card Exchange; Tips and Tricks
- WorldEdit Commands: How to Use and Install it
- How to Add Music to Facebook Profile on Android and iOS
How to Change Group Name on Facebook
Using Your Computer:
For you to be able to rename a Facebook group, you will have to be the administrator of the group.
This means that you should have either created the group or someone should have made you the group admin.
Here are the steps to follow to rename a Facebook group on a computer:
- First login to your Facebook account via your PC or Mac and then click on the name of the group that you want to alter. In case you are unable to find the group, go to “shortcuts” on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Under the header image of the group, click on “More” and then click on “Edit group settings”
- You will find a field with the group name next to the option “Group name”, click on that and type in the new name of your group
- After you are done typing the group name, scroll down to the very bottom of your screen and select “save”
- After getting done with the above-mentioned steps, your Facebook group name should have changed. The notification for change will automatically be sent to all the group members.
Using Your Mobile Device:
This will be very common as most users use their mobile phones to chat on Facebook.
To change the name of your group:
- Tap the menu icon which is represented by three thick horizontal lines in the bottom right of Facebook.
- Tap Groups then Your groups, then select your group. If you can’t see Groups, tap See more.
- Tap an icon resembling a shield in the top right-hand corner, then select Group settings.
- Tap Name and description.
- Now select the field under the group name and type in the new name for your Facebook group. After you are done changing the group name, tap Save in the top right corner.
When you change the name of your group, all members will receive a notification that you’ve changed the name. You can’t change the group’s name more than once every 28 days.
Checkout out other unique articles on our blog for more detailed information and do well to share with your friends and family. Follow us on our Twitter and Facebook to stay updated with premium information.