Aziz Foundation Scholarship Programme offers 100% fully funded Masters Scholarships including tuition fees to support British Muslims to study at UK universities. You can be a part of this scholarship if you are eligible, so carefully read this article to get full knowledge of it.
The foundation is currently accepting applications for their Masters Scholarship Programme only from eligible candidates, carefully go through this page to find out if you are eligible to apply.
For the 2023 application cycles, the Aziz Foundation is awarding scholarships to those studying master’s degrees at institutions which have joined their Preferred Partners scheme.
About Aziz Foundation Scholarship Programme
This scholarship is to help British Muslims attend UK universities; the Scholarships Programme offers full-tuition Master’s scholarships.
The scholarships are intended for people who want to advance in their careers and improve their communities and the world at large. They request applications from those committed to:
1. Effective Advocacy and Improving Public Perception: Promoting Better Muslim Representation and Contribution to Civil Society to Fight Islamophobia and Improve Public Perceptions of British Muslims
2. Raising standards and expectations within British Muslim communities through community service
The objective is to assist upcoming leaders who are deeply committed to their communities and who aspire to lead and inspire others in their specialized fields.
Additionally, please be aware that submissions from international students will not be taken into consideration because Aziz Foundation scholarships are only available to individuals who are eligible for Home Fees status in the UK.
Subject Areas for Scholarship Award
These Scholarships will be awarded to individuals with career aspirations in the following areas:
1. Media & Journalism: Candidates who wish to champion diversity in the media to ensure fairer and more accurate reporting
2. Technology: Disrupters and innovators who use tech to offer novel and transformational solutions to society’s most pressing challenges.
3. Sustainability/Environment: Candidates who wish to be at the forefront of the fight to save our planet and ensure a safer future for generations to come
4. Law: Candidates who hold high aspirations to excel in the legal profession especially those who wish to become judges. (Excluding conversion courses).
5. Policy: Candidates with a passion for influencing public policy (excluding Health Policy) in the UK, to ensure that it is equitable and responsive to the needs of British Muslim communities.
6. Creative Content: Creatives who can influence public discourses, especially around Muslims and Islam through a variety of mediums.
- Pacific Leaders Scholarship Programme
- Ph.D Scholarship in Canada for International Students
- Nawa Scholarship for International Students in Polland
- Scholarships for Students with Tourette Syndrome
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria for Applying
Applicants should meet all of the following requirements:
1. Be eligible for Home fees status
2. Be active within a Muslim community and demonstrate intimate knowledge of issues affecting British Muslim communities
3. Demonstrate a long-term commitment to community/societal development within Britain
4. Show how the course will increase their effectiveness in one of the following areas relating to British Muslims:
- Effective Advocacy and Enhance Public Perception – facilitating better representation and contribution of Muslims to civil society to combat Islamophobia and positively transform perceptions of British Muslims
- Community Service and Social Development – raising the aspirations and standards within British Muslim communities
Scholarship Application Process
All applications are submitted online. Questions about past schooling, employment history, financial resources, a statement of no more than 1,000 words outlining how you satisfy the Foundation’s requirements, and the names of two referees are all included on the application form.
If your application is shortlisted you will be invited to attend an interview. The interview will be 30-45 minutes exploring questions around:
- challenges facing British Muslims;
- vision and hopes for change;
- personal qualities needed to succeed;
- financial barriers faced
Application Key Dates/ Timetable
The assessment and awards process will be carried out over two cycles in 2023:
|Cycle||Application Dates||Interview Dates||Award Dates|
|1||9th Jan from 12 noon–31st March, 12 noon||Feb-April||Mid-May|
|2||2nd April from 12 noon – 30th June, 12 noon||May-July||Late July|
The earliest start for courses we can consider is June 2024.
If your course starts between June 2024 and August 2024, you must apply during cycle 1; otherwise, we will not be able to consider your application.
For courses starting from September 2024, you may apply in either cycle.
You may apply only once in any given year (either in cycle 1 or cycle 2 but not both).
Check out other unique articles on our blog for more detailed information and do well to share with your friends and family. Follow us on our Twitter and Facebook to stay updated with premium information.