The Federal University of Agriculture Abeokuta is widely regarded as one of the top universities in the nation, as is common knowledge. What, though, can you study there? We can provide you with information on the FUNAAB entry requirements as well as all of the various FUNAAB courses. Check this article out, if you want to know more.
About Federal University of Agriculture Abeokuta FUNAAB
In other to the courses in FUNAAB, we have to understand what the institution is about as we shall be looking.
To be a centre of excellence in knowledge generation for global development and the sustenance of an environmentally friendly society.
To build great future leaders and generate knowledge through research and an intellectually stimulating environment for teaching, learning and community outreach towards sustainable development.
The UNAAB’s mandate is unique in that it is triangular, encompassing teaching, research, and extension duties.
These are sufficiently stressed in the 13-point university objectives and the academic brief that was created for the university’s launch. The objectives are:
1. To encourage the advancement of learning and to hold out all persons without discrimination based on race, creed, sex and political conviction, the opportunity of acquiring higher education in agriculture.
2. To develop and offer academic and professional programmes leading to the award of diplomas, first degree, postgraduate research and higher degrees which emphasize planning, adaptive technical maintenance, developmental and productive skills in agriculture, agricultural engineering and allied professional disciplines with the aim of producing socially mature persons with capacity to improve on those disciplines and develop new ones, but also to contribute to the scientific transformation of agriculture in Nigeria.
3. To act as agents and catalysts, through postgraduate training, research and innovation for effective and economic utilization, exploitation and conservation of Nigeria’s natural agricultural, economic and human resources.
More FUNAAb Objectives
4. To offer to the general population, as a form of public service, the results of training and research in agriculture and allied disciplines and to foster the practical application of those results.
5. To establish appropriate relationships with other national institutions involved in training, research and development in agriculture.
6. To identify the agricultural problems and needs of Nigeria and find solutions to them within the context of overall national development.
7. To provide and promote sound basic scientific training as a foundation for the development of agriculture and allied disciplines, taking into account indigenous culture, the need to enhance national unity, the need to vastly increase the practical content of student training, and adequate preparation of graduates of self-employment in agriculture and allied professions.
8. To promote and emphasize teaching, research and extension of agricultural knowledge including agricultural extension services and outreach programmes, in-service training continuing education and on-farm adaptive research.
9. To offer academic programmes in relation to the training of manpower for agriculture in Nigeria.
10. To organize research relevant to agriculture with an emphasis on small-scale farming.
11. To organize extension services and outreach programmes for technology transfer.
12. To establish institutional linkages in order to foster collaboration and integration of training, research and extension activities.
13. To undertake any other activities appropriate for Universities of Agriculture.
- Greenfield University Courses
- Cheapest Universities in Nigeria
- University Of Delta Agbor, Courses
- Top Best Courses to Study in Nigeria
Admission Requirements For FUNAAB Studies
These are the admission requirements of FUNAAB;
Candidates for admission to the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta should be aware that it is their SOLE obligation to make sure they satisfy the prerequisites prior to making any payments.
If at any moment it is discovered that the candidate does NOT match the minimum admission requirements, such offer of admission shall be withdrawn and cash made is NON-REFUNDABLE.
Admission into Agriculture, Engineering, Biosciences, Physical Sciences and Veterinary Medicine Courses
Candidates are expected to have five (5) SSC credits in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, and Biology at only two (2) sittings besides the requirements listed in the Eligibility for Pre-Admission Screening Exercise.
Only courses in agricultural programs will accept an O-Level pass in physics.
A Pass in Biology with Credit in Agricultural Science is accepted ONLY for courses in Agricultural Programmes.
Agricultural Science cannot be substituted for Biology at the university. Additionally, those applying for Water Resources Management should have a Geography Credit.
Faculties/Colleges Present In FUNAAB
These are the colleges in FUNAAB;
1. College Of Agricultural Management And Rural Development (COLAMRUD)
2. College Of Animal Science And Livestock Production (COLANIM)
3. College Of Biological Sciences (COLBIOS)
4. College Of Engineering (COLENG)
5. College Of Environmental Resources Management (COLERM)
6. College Of Food Sciences And Human Ecology (COLFHEC)
7. College Of Management Sciences (COLMAS)
8. College Of Physical Sciences (COLPHYS)
9. College Of Plant Science And Crop Production (COLPLANT)
10. College Of Veterinary Medicine (COLVET)
Updated and Official List of Courses Offered In FUNAAB
The full list of Funaab courses available for the admissions process is provided below.
1. College of Agricultural Management and Rural Development
2. Department of Agricultural Administration
3. Department of Agricultural Economics and Farm Management
4. Department of Agricultural Extension and Rural Development
5. Department of Communication and General Studies
6. College of Animal Science and Livestock Production
7. Department of Animal Breeding and Genetics
8. Department of Animal Nutrition
9. Department of Animal Physiology
10. Department of Animal Production and Health
11. Department of Pasture and Range Management
12. College of Engineering
13. Department of Agricultural Engineering
14. Department of Agricultural and Bio-Resources Engineering
15. Department of Civil Engineering
16. Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
17. Department of Mechanical Engineering
18. Department of Mechatronics
19. College of Environmental Resources Management
20. Department of Aquaculture and Fisheries Management
21. Department of Environmental Management and Toxicology
22. Department of Forestry and Wildlife Management
23. Department of Water Resources Management and Agro-meteorology
24. College of Food Science and Human Ecology
25. Department of Food Science and Technology
26. Department of Home Science and Management
27. Department of Nutrition and Dietetics
28. College of Management Sciences
29. College of Physical Sciences
30. Department of Chemistry
- Skyline University Kano Courses
- POLAC Courses And Admission
- FUOYE Courses And Admission Requirements
- OOU Courses and Admission Requirements
More FUNAAB Courses
31. Department of Computer Science
32. Department of Mathematics
33. Department of Physics
34. Department of Statistics
35. College of Veterinary Medicine
36. Department of Veterinary Anatomy
37. Department of Veterinary Medicine and Surgery
38. Department of Veterinary Surgery
39. Department of Veterinary Microbiology and Parasitology
40. Department of Veterinary Pathology
41. Department of Veterinary Physiology and Pharmacology
42. Department of Veterinary Public Health and Reproduction
43. College of Plant Science and Crop Production
44. Department of Crop Protection
45. Department of Horticulture
46. Department of Plant Breeding and Seed Technology
47. Department of Plant Physiology and Crop Production
48. Department of Soil Science and Land Management
49. College of Biosciences
50. Department of Biochemistry
51. Department of Microbiology
52. Department of Biological Sciences
53. Department of Pure and Applied Botany
54. Department of Pure and Applied Zoology
The school’s senate has provided information on the unique requirements for each department and course.
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board publish and updates the requirements each year.
Students can access the Brochure for information regarding school admission requirements.
● Visit FUNAAB Official Websites for more information.
Frequently Asked Questions About Courses in FUNAAB
Below are some frequently asked questions on courses in FUNAAB for you:
2. Is Accounting Offered in FUNAAB
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN), has fully accredited the Bachelor of Science Accounting degree programme being run in the College of Management Sciences (COLMAS) of the University.
3. What is the Cut Off, Mark, for Jamb in FUNAAB?
The UTME Cut off Mark for FUNAAB is 180 and above. Candidates should have made the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta their first choice in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination.
4. Can I Study Economics in FUNAAB?
UTME Subjects: Economics, Mathematics and any Social Science subjects. FUNAAB requires one of Government, Commerce or Geography as the third subject.
O’Level Requirements: Five SSCE credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Economics and any two Social Science subjects.
5. Does FUNAAB Offer Biochemistry?
Federal University of Agriculture Abeokuta (FUNAAB) offers Biochemistry as one of its courses under science.
Over the years, the school has been taken through various phases of transformation, making it one of the most competitive institutions in Nigeria.
For more information, you can also visit the school’s official website. Kindly share with family and friends if you find this article helpful.