Arts for Life scholarship supports Florida high school seniors who excel in the visual and performing arts with scholarships. Be a part of this scholarship if you are eligible by carefully reading through this article.
About Arts for Life Scholarship
The Florida high school students who participate in Arts for Life! are honored for their originality and artistic abilities.
A $1,000 grant is given each year by Arts for Life to 25 Florida high school graduates who have excelled in the classroom and the performing, visual, or literary arts.
Arts for Life Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
High school students who are graduating from a public, private, or virtual school or a home education program in Florida in the spring of 2023.
Application General Guidelines
- Content must be appropriate for general audiences. Submissions with nudity or profanity may be
- disqualified if deemed in poor taste.
- Content must be applicant’s original and current (less than one year old).
- Submitted portfolios will not be returned to applicants.
- There are specific portfolio requirements for each discipline. Failure to follow these requirements could result in disqualification.
- Applicants are required to submit an essay on “How the arts have positively influenced my life”.
- The essay should be 500 words or less.
- Typed in standard fonts, such as Times New Roman, 12 points.
- Applicants may submit a resume to be included with their application, though it is not required.
- The resume may list employment, extra-curricular activities, volunteer activities, and awards.
- Tim Hortons Scholarship Program
- Louise McKinney Scholarship for Post-secondary Student
- Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship Programme
- Nawa Scholarship for International Students in Polland
Scholarship Application Process
Students can apply in one of three ways:
1. Directly online
2. By email to [email protected]
3. By regular mail to the address below.
For students applying by email or regular mail, you must submit a completed application form (page 5) and an artist release form (page 6)
A brief essay explaining “How the arts have positively influenced my life”; and, a portfolio of work based on the parameters (listed on pages 2-4) in creative writing, dance, drama, music or the visual arts.
Applicants may apply under more than one discipline.
Mailed applications must be postmarked on or before February 6, 2023, and mailed to:
Foundation for Excellence in Education
Attn: Arts for Life!
P.O. Box 10691
Tallahassee, FL 32302
Or completed applications can be emailed to [email protected]
A completed application includes:
Originals of the items listed below:
- Applicant Information Form
- Resume (optional)
- Portfolio of work
All applications are currently closed for now.
How to Apply
In Florida, 25 graduating high school seniors who excel in creative writing, dance, theater, music, or visual art are given $1,000 scholarships through Arts for Life! every year.
More than 575 talented high school seniors have received scholarships through the program since it was established in 1999 by former First Lady Columba Bush.
Check out other unique articles on our blog for more detailed information and do well to share with your friends and family. Follow us on our Twitter and Facebook to stay updated with premium information.