Hacer Scholarship also known as the McDonald Hacer Scholarship has been around for a while and has been one of the most active and successful and as such, it is the most sought-after. If this prestigious Scholarship has also piqued your interest, then you are in the right place. Read on!
The McDonald’s HACER National Scholarship Program will award scholarships to 30 exceptional Hispanic students from across the country.
The funds are divided into three tiers to assist recipients in financing their college tuition. Tier 1 winners will receive either $100,000, $50,000, or $25,000.
Tier 2 recipients will receive either $20,000 or $10,000, while Tier 3 recipients will receive $5,000. Academic achievement, community involvement, and financial need are used to select recipients.
McDonald’s HACER National Scholarships have been awarded to Hispanic students across the country totaling more than $5 million.
McDonald’s HACER Scholarship Eligibility
Check out the requirements below to see if you qualify for the McDonald’s® HACER® National Scholarship:
1. You’re a high school senior
2. Must be a legal U.S. Resident, U.S. Citizen, or a DREAMER/DACA recipient
3. You’re under 21 years old
4. You carry a minimum 2.8 GPA
5. You’re eligible to attend a two- or four-year college, university, or vocational/technical school with a full-time course of study
6. You’ll disclose other scholarship programs that you’ve applied for
7. You’ll enroll and attend an accredited institution in the academic year after your selection (verification needed, as scholarship funds are paid directly to the schools)
You have at least one parent of Hispanic/Latino heritage
How are Scholarship Winners Selected?
The scholarship recipients are selected based on:
1. Academic achievement
2. Financial need
3. Community involvement
4. Personal statement
5. Personal qualities and strengths as portrayed in a personal interview, either in-person or by phone
Winners are selected by June. (Check for emails by April to find out if you are a semi-finalist.)
- Champlin Park High School Scholarship Program
- NDDC Post-Graduates Scholarship Application Details
- Voyager-Scholarship Application Requirements
- Zombie Apocalypse Scholarship Application Requirements
What are the Materials and Documents Needed?
There is no essay required. The following documents are the only other requirements:
1. Letter of recommendation to be submitted online
2. List of community service projects
4. Personal statement
5. FAFSA report and/or 1040s
Deadline Information: The deadline for this scholarship has not been fixed yet.
Check out other unique articles on our blog for more detailed information and do well to share with your friends and family. Follow us on our Twitter and Facebook to stay updated with premium information.