NDDC Post-graduates scholarship is for students from the Niger Delta States, who have a first degree at the second class lower division or better and who have already completed their national service.
The major objective of the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC), which was established in 2000, is to promote Nigeria’s oil-rich Niger Delta region. The commission has over the years trained thousands of young people in a variety of disciplines.
One of the commission’s mandates is to educate and train the young people of the oil-rich Niger Delta regions in order to reduce militancy and conflicts while building essential infrastructure to support diversification and production.
NDDC Post-Graduates Scholarship
The Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) is launching a foreign postgraduate scholarship program as part of its human resource development initiatives in order to give Niger Delta residents the training and skills they need to effectively participate in the current administration’s local content program and compete internationally in a variety of professional fields.
The scheme is for suitably qualified applicants, with relevant Bachelor’s/Master’s Degrees from recognized Universities in the following professional disciplines:
1. Biomedical Engineering
2. Software/Aeronautic Space/Aeronautic Engineering
3. Marine/Chemical/Petrochemical Engineering
4. Civil/Mechanical/Metallurgical Engineering
5. Electrical/Electronic Engineering
6. Robotic Engineering
7. Information Technology
8. Artificial Intelligence
10. Medical Sciences/Medicine and Surgery
11. Hospitality Management
- Fully Funded Commonwealth Scholarship
- Canadian Scholarships for Nigerian Students
- SEPLAT Scholarship Undergraduate Application
- Smysor Scholarship Windsor Illinois: How to Apply
Applicants must possess the following:
1. First Degree with a minimum of 2nd Class-Lower division for those wishing to undertake a Master’s Programme.
2. Applicants must have gained admission for a Post Graduate Programme in any of the listed disciplines above, in a Foreign University.
3. Applicants who have already enrolled in overseas’ Universities are NOT eligible to apply.
4. Guarantor’s written consent of good conduct of the applicant from any of the following persons from the applicant’s Community/Clan.
5. Member of National Assembly/State House of Assembly
- Chairman of LGA
- First Class Traditional ruler
- High Court Judge
- Persons with evidence of cult membership or criminal record shall not be considered.
6. Applicants must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service Corps (NYSC).
7. All the applicants MUST come from the Niger Delta Region.
Mode of Application
1. Application must be made online at the Commission’s website: (www.nddc.gov.ng) with the following attachments:
- Recent passport photograph
- Local Government Identification Letter
- Post Graduate admission letter from a recognized Oversea University. Relevant degrees from recognized Universities.
- NYSC Discharge/Exemption Certificate.
2. Successfully completing the application form will be assigned a registration number automatically.
3. Print the hard copy of the online generated acknowledgment for ease of reference.
4. All shortlisted applicants will be posted on the NDDC website
For further inquiries, please contact:
- Director of Education, NDDC
- Mobile: +234(0)9137806550
- E-mail: Foreign.firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Udacity Scholarship for Young Africans
- UK Scholarships for Nigerian Students
- International Scholarships for Nigerian Students
- Scholarships in Nigeria for Undergraduate Applications
All completed applications must be submitted on October 30th, 2022 from the date of publication.
The Commission (NDDC) will not enter into any form of Communication with candidates who were not shortlisted for the Computer Based Test (CBT), those who were not invited for oral interview, or candidates that were not successful during the oral interviews.
Preferences will be given to candidates from Oil Producing Host/Communities/Local Government Areas as long as candidates meet the approved cut-off mark.
The Commission will ensure a fair spread of courses amongst beneficiaries within each State.
Deferment, Change of Institution, and Course are not permitted.
The Commission reserves the sole and absolute discretion to select in line with the above-stated criteria and its internal consideration. The decision of the Commission in this regard is final.
Checkout out other unique articles on our blog for more detailed information and do well to share with your friends and family. Follow us on our Twitter and Facebook to stay updated with premium information.