World Bank scholarship announced its master’s scholarship program to students from selected emerging nations for the 2024 academic year. The World Bank scholarship program provides funds for international students to pursue their studies in any of the 35 programs offered at universities across the United States, UK, Netherlands, Australia, Japan, and France in critical areas of development.
About World Bank Scholarship
The World Bank Scholarship Program offers scholarships for international students who want to pursue their studies within at least one of 48 programs at universities located in the United States, Europe, Africa, Oceania, and Japan.
Additionally, in the crucial areas of development such as economic policy management, fiscal policy, as well as infrastructure management.
The World Bank Scholarship Program contributes to the World Bank Group’s mission of developing innovative and dynamic strategies for capacity building and knowledge sharing across the emerging world.
World Bank Scholarship Benefits
The award provides the winner with the following advantages:
1. Round-trip flights between your country of origin and the university you attend;
2. Apart from airline tickets, you can also get an allowance for travel of US $500 per journey;
3. Exemption from tuition fees;
4. Medical coverage for basic needs;
5. Campus accommodation,
6. A monthly allocation The amount is dependent on the country in which the person is located.
Conditions for Eligibility
The applicant must satisfy the following criteria for eligibility:
You must be a citizen of one of the World Bank member countries.
Do not be a dual citizen of a developed nation.
Be a non-staff participant or a member of the World Bank and not be an immediate relative.
Hold an undergraduate diploma (or an equivalent degree from a university) earned within the last three years before the deadline for application.
At a minimum, at least three years of development-related jobs. The one exception to this requirement is for citizens of developing countries included in the Fragile and Conflict States (see list below). In exceptional circumstances, there are limited opportunities for employment within the countries listed that are taken into account.
Before or on the day of the deadline for applications, you have been accepted unconditionally to any of the master’s programs that are participating (listed below).
The applicant must possess a degree or experience that is related to one of the following fields:
- Finance, competitiveness, and innovation
- Macroeconomics, trade and investment
- Equity/Shared Prosperity and Poverty Reduction
- Nutrition, health, and the population
- Employment and social protection
- Food and Agriculture
- Climate change
- Natural resources and the environment
- Rural, urban, social, and resilience
- Energy and extractive
- Development within a framework of fragility, conflict and violence
These countries are classified as fragile and states of conflict (and therefore not subject to paragraph (5) of eligibility requirements): Afghanistan, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, DR Congo, Eritrea, Gambia, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Iraq, Kiribati, Kosovo, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Lebanon, Liberia, Libya, Mali, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Mozambique, Myanmar, Niger, Nigeria, New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Syria, Timor-Leste, Tuvalu, Venezuela, Palestine, Yemen, Zimbabwe.
- Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships (QECS)
- Masters Degree Scholarships in the USA for Nigerian students
- Masters Degree Scholarships in Australia for Nigerian Students
What is the Process for Applying?
Depending on the school you’d like to attend and the university you want to hear, you can participate in either the initial application period.
All applicants to World Bank scholarships must have an unconditional admission offer from a participating program to be considered eligible. In the absence of this, you will not be eligible to participate.
Applications for World Bank scholarships will be accessible from January 17, 2022, at 17:00 GMT.
The 2022 guidelines for the Call for Applications, including instructions and the requirements to submit an application, the criteria for eligibility that applicants must be able to meet, and the application process, are described in the application guidelines FAQs.
- MAURID Polytechnic And Admission Requirements
- Osun State Universities And their School Fees
- 20 Top Colleges of Education in Nigeria
Frequently Asked Questions
Below are some frequently asked questions for you:
1. Do I Qualify for this Scholarship to study for my undergraduate and PhD Studies or other non-degree
No. This scholarship doesn’t support PhD studies undergraduate studies, distance learning courses, short-term training seminars, conferences, or research projects.
2. Does the UN Offer Scholarships?
UN Scholarships, Research Grants and Fellowships for International Students: Students from around the globe may just easily fulfil their education and study dreams through the United Nations scholarship packages and study grants. A number of scholarships are available and receiving applications on the year round.
3. How can I Get a Scholarship?
- Know where to look.
- Prepare in advance.
- Work hard and keep motivated.
- Make yourself stand out from other applicants.
- Read the application instructions carefully.
- Submit an exceptional scholarship essay or cover letter.
- Be realistic.
4. Which Country is Best for a Scholarship?
Countries like the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, France, and Australia are some of the promising study abroad destinations that have attracted a large number of students worldwide due to their outstanding education system and post-study work opportunities.
5. Are scholarships Free?
Fortunately, there are extra sources of financial support available in the form of scholarships, bursaries, and grants – we explain the differences between these below. Unlike student loans, you don’t have to pay these back – they’re essentially free money.
Checkout out other unique articles on our blog for more detailed information and do well to share with your friends and family. Follow us on our Twitter and Facebook to stay updated with premium information.