If you are a candidate seeking WAEC Tourism Questions and Answers for 2023, you have arrived at the right place as we will break them down for you. We will go further to show you how WAEC Metal Work questions are set and the best way to answer for full marks.
There is no point waiting for WAEC Expo, The possibility of you having the answers is very low. The following are the correct answers to WAEC Tourism 2023.
WAEC Tourism Questions and Answers
1. Tourism can be defined as a
A. permanent movement of people to other countries in search of work.
B. temporary movement of people to destinations outside where they live.
C. temporary movement of people for recreation, leisure, or business.
D. permanent change in location of people within a country.
2. Which of the following is an outstanding benefit of tourism to an economy?
A) Manpower training
B) Rapid industrialization
C) Foreign exchange earning
D) Geographical mapping
3. Which of the following is not a major component of tourism?
4. Which of the following statements best describes excursion?
A. Internal movement to destinations that involve overnight stay
B. Long trips that do not involve overnight stay but require accommodation
C. Short trips between two countries which involve overnight stay
D. Short trips that do not involve an overnight stay
5. Which of the following is a prominent business resort in Nigeria?
A. Tinapa Resort, Calabar
B. Old Oyo National park
C. Lagos Bar Beach
D. Centre for Black culture and Arts, Osogbo
- WAEC Music Questions and Answers
- WAEC Physics Questions and Answers
- WAEC Book Keeping Questions and Answers
- WAEC Computer Science Questions and Answers
6. For how long is a passport normally valid?
A. 3 years
B. 4 years
C. 5 years
D. 20 years
7. When a passenger fails to obtain a required compulsory vaccination and health certificate before traveling to another country, the passenger will normally
A.be deported or quarantined.
B. Be made to pay a fine in millions of dollars.
C. have to remain at the airport indefinitely unattended to.
D. Be taken to a psychiatric hospital as punishment.
8. A good way of beginning a successful tourism company is by
A.borrowing loans and starting really big.
Developing a vision of how you would build up the business.
C.competing aggressively with the market leader.
D. Hiring a team of consultants from abroad.
Short Structured Questions – Essay 2
1. State briefly, the four forms of tourism.
2. The table below contains tourist attractions in Nigeria and their locations.
DISCLAIMER! These are not real WAEC Tourism Questions and Answers but likely repeated questions over the years to help candidates understand the nature of their examinations. Ensure to take note of every question provided on this page.
Checkout out other unique articles on our blog for more detailed information and do well to share with your friends and family. Follow us on our Twitter and Facebook to stay updated with premium information.